Micaiahs past?

I might've missed something, I haven't finished the game yet, but I've read up on my share of spoilers. But there's something that I gotta ask. Spoiler warning. Forgive me if it's already been answered...

After Misaha was assassinated by the Senators, just how is it that Micaiah came to be in Daien? Seeing as how she's Sanaki's sister... Is this explained somewhere? Or is this a plot hole?

Edited by WyvernSageLord

She may have been taken to Daein by Sephiran or someone from Begnion who knew the only way she could live would be to flee to another country and Daein was the closest.

Sephiran didn't even know that Micaiah was alive, so he couldn't have taken her to Daein.

My guess is that

Micaiah's parents fled to Daein and took her with them. After all, they were just as progressive as Misaha herself (according to Sanaki), and it was therefore quite likely that those who had killed Misaha may well try to kill them next.

At some point within the next ten years, they must have returned to Begnion and had Sanaki, but that does raise the question of how they got separated from Micaiah.

Given what Ashnard did to Lillia and Rajaion, maybe he kidnapped Micaiah too...

Two things are certain, though: Micaiah was a baby or at most a small child when Misaha was assassinated, so she couldn't have fled by herself. And Misaha was assassinated ten years before Sanaki was born, so their parents must have survived Misaha.

Edited by Paper Jam

Paper Jam makes a good point...i do think something else happened though:

I believe Micaiah's mother was assassinated along with Apostle Misaha, the reason i think this is because Sanaki and Micaiah dont share a very blatent resemblance...i think Sanaki is actually a half sister but thats just my theory...Micaiah said she was raised by an old woman, and she had no knowledge of who she was before she was in Daein only that she was a Branded...I believe Misaha foresaw what was gonna happen and had Micaiah taken away by some vassels and those vassels made their way to Daein and to the old woman who raised her...

thats what i think..of course nothing was really told about her past other than she was a fortune teller, etc...

hmmm...

Paper Jam makes a good point...i do think something else happened though:

I believe Micaiah's mother was assassinated along with Apostle Misaha, the reason i think this is because Sanaki and Micaiah dont share a very blatent resemblance...

Neither do Ike and Mist, aside from their eye color.

Which is also the only thing that Micaiah and Sanaki have in common.

These links should prove the above spoiler. Click at your own risk.

http://www.feplanet.net/media/gallery/view.php?id=433

http://www.feplanet.net/media/gallery/view.php?id=477

Edited by Paper Jam

Looks like I kinda sparked a rather interesting discussion. Well, Sanaki's parents are never really mentioned nor seen in any flashbacks. Or are they?

Thus, one has to guess that they probably had a hand in Micaiah's survival of the assassination attempt.

As far as I know, Sanaki only mentions her parents once, in Path of Radiance, chapter 18: "This has taught me a valuable lesson... Our land needs the laguz. I also believe that beorc and laguz need each other to survive. The previous apostle, my grandmother, was desirous of such a world, as were my own parents."

Everything else is speculation, but a few pretty sound assumptions can be made. For example, it stands to reason that since Misaha was not succeeded by her daughter, she probably didn't have a daughter and is therefore most likely Sanaki's paternal, not maternal, grandmother.

I actually wrote quite a bit more about this subject, but I went off on way too many tangents, in this thread.

Edited by Paper Jam

I fear Volke's involvement.

Volke vs Izuka

Izuka: You! You're...

Volke: ...under a new contract. Good-bye, Izuka.

Izuka: Feral Ones! Kill him! Do it now!

we know that Izuka and the Senate have been allied in RD. But, since when? We know nothing or at least, i don't remember anything that indicates this.

How did Volke and Izuka meet? If Izuka's alliance with the Senate goes back from before Misaha's assasination, perhaps this "contract" that Izuka and Volke are talking about had something to do with this? Perhaps it was none other than Volke himself who killed Misaha? And perhaps it was Volke himself who, out of sympathy or something like that, spared Micaiah's life? even though he doesn't seem the type to leave a contract halfway done

then again, i may be reading between the lines too much. And i may have forgotten details that may refute my theory, so meh.

I fear Volke's involvement.

we know that Izuka and the Senate have been allied in RD. But, since when? We know nothing or at least, i don't remember anything that indicates this.

How did Volke and Izuka meet? If Izuka's alliance with the Senate goes back from before Misaha's assasination, perhaps this "contract" that Izuka and Volke are talking about had something to do with this? Perhaps it was none other than Volke himself who killed Misaha? And perhaps it was Volke himself who, out of sympathy or something like that, spared Micaiah's life? even though he doesn't seem the type to leave a contract halfway done

then again, i may be reading between the lines too much. And i may have forgotten details that may refute my theory, so meh.

Well when you use Bastian to recruit Volke he does mention a "personal" reason to kill Izuka. Maybe.