• Zihark
    • Lucia
    • Mia
    • Stefan
  3. 3. Favorite Sentinel

• Aran
    • Devdan
    • Nephenee

I can't stand Edward. Facing 60%+ hit rates from axe users? Give me a break! Just how more laughable of a Myrmidon can you get? And as for Boyd, I just don't like him.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure where all the Edward hate is coming from - having heard strong opinion against him due to babying, I expected to have a nightmare of a time raising him in Hard Mode...but by the time 1-6 came around he was one of the units I could worry the least about. Once he gets to at least Swordmaster, he trumps Zihark and Mia. His troubles are practically over by that point.

Also, HE CAUGHT UP WITH MIA!? :o GO EDDIE!

Edited by Penitent

Some argue that even liking anthropomorphic creatures makes you a furry, so...

edit: spoiler tags don't work well with links

What? But that makes no sense. How does one person having a strange fascination with something make them a furry? I mean, sure, we have the furry thing, but on Tellius it would make no sense since looking at cat/lion/bird/wolf/dragon people is more common than snowfalls.

I can't stand Edward. Facing 60%+ hit rates from axe users? Give me a break! Just how more laughable of a Myrmidon can you get?

True, but Edward gets a lot of room to grow, and even if he can't dodge everything he has the strength and the hitpoints to make up for it.

I'm not sure where all the Edward hate is coming from - having heard strong opinion against him due to babying, I expected to have a nightmare of a time raising him in Hard Mode...but by the time 1-6 came around he was one of the units I could worry the least about. Once he gets to at least Swordmaster, he trumps Zihark and Mia. His troubles are practically over by that point.

Axe users. 60+% hit rates. That alone is enough to dissuade me from using him.

True, but Edward gets a lot of room to grow, and even if he can't dodge everything he has the strength and the hitpoints to make up for it.

Except the Trueblade strength cap screws him over. And Wrath is, to be blunt, useless.

Also, HE CAUGHT UP WITH MIA!? :o GO EDDIE!

I wouldn't say Edward trumps Mia, but he does beat Zihark. I might take him to final chapter alongside Mia, since I have a hard-on for swordmasters.

What? But that makes no sense. How does one person having a strange fascination with something make them a furry? I mean, sure, we have the furry thing, but on Tellius it would make no sense since looking at cat/lion/bird/wolf/dragon people is more common than snowfalls.

I'm just saying that I can see where the "furry!" crowd is coming from. I don't particularly agree with it.

There is no such a thing in the Mook Brigade, sir.

For most of the game, that means Edward is able to take two hits and isn't doubled. That's leagues better than Micaiah (who can't take a hit and is often doubled), for instance, but...

Except the Trueblade strength cap screws him over. And Wrath is, to be blunt, useless.

I wouldn't say useless, it's saved me a couple reloads. But still, it indeed is unreliable now that Vantage was nerfed.

Edited by TheEnd

I wouldn't say Edward trumps Mia, but he does beat Zihark.

Say what? How does someone with a great start and a great affinity, as well as turning out generally the same, lose to someone with terrible durability and worse offensive capabilities?

Say what? How does someone with a great start and a great affinity, as well as turning out generally the same, lose to someone with terrible durability and worse offensive capabilities?

Agreed. No way in hell that Edward is better than Zihark. And it doesn't help that Ed also got the short stick in the skill department (lolwrath).

Actually wait. My Zihark was RNG screwed.

Zihark is wonderful defensively when supports come in to play. But supports are subject to opinion. For example, back when FE6/7 was all the rage, ice was considered the worst affinity, even though I liked it quite a bit.

That being said, earth is a good affinity, but I don't tend to use swordmasters defensively and I prefer supporting offense units together for the maximum offense bonus (Of course exceptions do exist).

Axe users. 60+% hit rates. That alone is enough to dissuade me from using him.

It's perfectly fine if you'd personally rather use another swordmaster over him for the record, but the way I see it there are two problems with that:

1. If axes are the problem, then that means you are playing on Normal mode whereupon the trinity is in effect. It's also infinitely easier to raise Edward, ergo. He has a bumpy start in his early myrmidon levels, but after that milestone he's awesome.

Once he gets to at least Swordmaster, his troubles are practically over by that point.

I don't quite agree. His strength is so good that it can be capped early on in Swordmaster, meaning he is even more useful at one of the game's most critical stages, the battle against Ike. Furthermore, if he makes it to Trueblade, there is nothing to worry about for him.

On the topic of Wrath, that depends on the strategy. It has very good situational use, that much is certain; if Edward's hit hard enough, it'll kick in and save him. It's saved my bacon a good few times.

By worse offensive capabilities, I take it you mean that Zihark has Adept? Because when gone level for level, Edward's stronger and nearly as fast from my memory.

Gatrie,Mia,Nephenee.Gatrie because he's the only general i've ever trained,and,well...I shouldn't have to explain the rest

*hides NepheneeXMiaXElincia yuri*

*goes on a search*

I can't stand Edward. Facing 60%+ hit rates from axe users? Give me a break! Just how more laughable of a Myrmidon can you get? And as for Boyd, I just don't like him.

That's what makes him manly. He can take axes to the face, but I can't say that you're wrong, though

NOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!! [/Metal Death Scream]

But, yeah, Aran's a boon.

LOL!!! yeah actually Nolan moreso than Aran with me but Arans pretty cool...

oh and i didnt know that about Zihark...

*goes on a search*

That's what makes him manly. He can take axes to the face, but I can't say that you're wrong, though

I'll admit he does seem more durable than other Swordmasters. Though I'd prefer to avoid getting hit than just taking them.

It's perfectly fine if you'd personally rather use another swordmaster over him for the record, but the way I see it there are two problems with that:

1. If axes are the problem, then that means you are playing on Normal mode whereupon the trinity is in effect. It's also infinitely easier to raise Edward, ergo. He has a bumpy start in his early myrmidon levels, but after that milestone he's awesome.

I don't quite agree. His strength is so good that it can be capped early on in Swordmaster, meaning he is even more useful at one of the game's most critical stages, the battle against Ike. Furthermore, if he makes it to Trueblade, there is nothing to worry about for him.

On the topic of Wrath, that depends on the strategy. It has very good situational use, that much is certain; if Edward's hit hard enough, it'll kick in and save him. It's saved my bacon a good few times.

By worse offensive capabilities, I take it you mean that Zihark has Adept? Because when gone level for level, Edward's stronger and nearly as fast from my memory.

1. No. He's facing 60+% hit rates from axe users even with the WTA. That's laughable.

2. Which is why he's screwed over by his Strength cap.

As for Wrath, again, one more hit equals bye-bye. Is +50% critical really worth being in OHKO range? No. I am not mistaken. If by "save him" you mean, "end up getting him killed because he went on a critical spree", then sure.

Yes, that's why Ed's offensive capabilities are worse.

I'll admit he does seem more durable than other Swordmasters. Though I'd prefer to avoid getting hit than just taking them.

True, SM's are for dodging and not taking hits

1. No. He's facing 60+% hit rates from axe users even with the WTA. That's laughable.

As for Wrath, again, one more hit equals bye-bye. Is +50% critical really worth being in OHKO range? No. I am not mistaken. If by "save him" you mean, "end up getting him killed because he went on a critical spree", then sure.

Honestly I have to say you are 100% correct. When he's in that range where wrath triggers, he's likely to die in one or two shots. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to let a unit live to block him, but he kept picking them off until one of them killed him. I'll admit that later on when he's more durable and has supports, he does quite well with Wrath and especially if you slap on Resolve

Then that means you're playing on Normal mode. Which means that all Edward needs is a little bit of training and sensible management and he'll be at a high level quite quickly. And as we seem to agree, Edward begins to rock once he reaches a decent level.

Come again? Sorry, the point you're trying to make isn't very clear.

That's making the mistake of putting it down to a single circumstance; technically, for example, Zihark and his Adept can land him into a problematic situation.

For the Dawn Brigade in general, you plan your moves carefully. Nobody's pretending to be a one-man army just yet in that group. From how you're putting it (and forgive me if I come across as aggravating), I don't see how it's Edward's fault if he gets into that situation any more than it is the player's.

Adept's an advantage, not a be-all or end-all. Edward's improved strength and equal ability to double mean he'll still be dealing enough damage. Nobody's denying that Adept's handy, but it definitely does not render Edward "useless". That'd just be preposterous.

Edward isn't catching up to Zihark's level any time soon. Zihark comes as a level 3 Swordmaster where Edward is lucky if he's yet made it to a level 12 Myrmidon. And yeah, Adept >>>> Wrath.

Eddie's a lot more popular than I thought he'd be.

Well when you're a myrmidon taking axes to the face, it's hard to forget such a manly unit

Well when you're a myrmidon taking axes to the face, it's hard to forget such a manly unit

Which is why I expected him to be less popular. That and the fact that Mia and Lucia are present.

I'm guessing Lucia isn't liked as much because of the hair cut and the short playtime. I acutally don't mind the hair cut too much, but the playtime thing does kind of suck

I'm guessing Lucia isn't liked as much because of the hair cut and the short playtime. I acutally don't mind the hair cut too much, but the playtime thing does kind of suck

She also has horrible strength. It's like one point higher than Heather's. She can't kill anything without criticals/adept/etc.

Let's see, Tauroneo is cool, but Gatrie is cooler. (although the awesome white armor almost prevailed)

Mia won, just because she rocks. Edward almost prevailed as well, but you haven't seen me made some bizarro story about him.

Devdan/Danved won, even if I use the other two more than him! He's just that awesome personality wise! (he actually has a noticeable one)