• She's good
    • She's OK
    • She's bad
    • She's horrible

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or hurt it, since she doesn't double, making for meh overall damage output. And, of course, there's also her low base.

Please take note of the word "somewhat".

I also said "give her some effort".

Edited by Shanan

... Do you have the link where I could see this?

It's in the video Nestling posted on this very page. (you have to look back on a few pages of comments) I'm able to identify Kainmaster by his ridiculous hatred for Hector. I knew this guy and his absurdness long before the Lugh hate videos.

It's in the video Nestling posted on this very page. (you have to look back on a few pages of comments) I'm able to identify Kainmaster by his ridiculous hatred for Hector. I knew this guy and his absurdness long before the Lugh hate videos.

How's it possible to say Hector isn't good and yet like Lilina...?

You guys done making fun of an 8 year old ADHD kid on a sugar high who has too much internet access?

Exaggerations aside, this level of fanboyism isn't anything new. The only thing interesting about it is he's making videos trying to support his biased opinion.

Edited by Vykan12

You guys done making fun of an 8 year old ADHD kid on a sugar high who has too much internet access?

Exaggerations aside, this level of fanboyism isn't anything new. The only thing interesting about it is he's making videos trying to support his biased opinion.

Not really. Its fun.

I tried watching the first but I just couldn't do it. ALL characters that's females are ALWAYS hated indeed. Funny how he mentions Serra, Lalum, and Clarine as characters that are hated when they're generally considered good.

What really is odd is that people are AGREEING with him.

Truly, since I don't have a Youtube account, who said that you should "aim" for averages.

They exist to compare characters. For characters with sucky averages, you are gonna WANT to go over the averages. <3.

Misinformed Youtuber is misinformed.

What really is odd is that people are AGREEING with him.

Actually I'm pretty sure he just deletes every comment he doesn't like. I've already received "pending approval" on my messages, which I didn't have before.

Protip: fight trolls with trolling.

Heh, might do.

Actually I'm pretty sure he just deletes every comment he doesn't like. I've already received "pending approval" on my messages, which I didn't have before.

In that case, the video shouldn't have so many comments :blink:

Even though I still see your comments on there <3.

However, averages cover the most likely outcome

I don't think this is always entirely correct, btw. The most likely outcome is the mode. An average is the midpoint of all data - 50%, a unit will get higher x, 50%, a unit will get lower. Of course, they are roughly equal in most cases due to the linear nature of bases + growths, like Matthew's 18/0 Skl mode is 10, while his average is 10.4). The exception is of course when a stat gets chances to cap, like Lyn's Spd at 17/0 has an average of 18.3, but the mode is 20.

What I said is I find it amazingly hard to believe that Lilina can OHKO anything ever.

Thank goddness there was once a time when I actually took screenshots

EUR-F26.png

Now do you? I'll pull some numbers out of thin air. Lets assume the following:

-The enemy has 38 HP and 4 res.

That means aircalibur alone used on a 0 magic unit would be doing 20 damage...meaning Lilina has 27 magic...meaning the lowest possible level she could be is level 5. Its plausable all I know is she ended the playthrough like this:

lilinatheorg.png

Thing is the next Lilina I used ended up better...

lilina1.png

13 levels apart and looking much better unless they only gain 1 point of speed in 13 levels :lol: .

OMG RNG is random aside. Clearly the damage done was overkill so we ask What would Lugh need to do to get the same result (enemy dead).

-Enough speed to double it (cons: this uses two uses of the spell)

-18 magic

I suppose you're thinking "so what? I could give a Wendy a knight killer and triangle attack some crappy cavalier to death"...but you did say "can OHKO anything ever". Nothing about not using "effective against" weapons ;) If you outlaw those you might as well outlaw critical hits...if we're going that far the question should be, can anyone OHKO anything ever? If that is the case Lilina being able to do it or not is irrelivent or we start to talk about ORKO which is impossible since Lilina will never double anything ever

Hey, its fun to point out to others that the guy is dumb. Let's find more of his videos and do it there too.

Nothing like a witch hunt. If anything that is going to ingrain their oppinions more. If the community has gotten to the point that we're going on youtube and gamefaqs crusades to hammer down nails that stick out I'm not sure I want to be part of a community like that.

What am I saying. Don't barge in with "you're a retard as your patehetic attempts to prove good character is bad show" and I'm not sure the whole stat averages thing is going to work either.

Given the person likes Nino for coming late all I can think is the like the idea of a unit getting multiple level ups a map and tonnes of EXP per hit.

Nothing like a witch hunt. If anything that is going to ingrain their oppinions more. If the community has gotten to the point that we're going on youtube and gamefaqs crusades to hammer down nails that stick out I'm not sure I want to be part of a community like that.

What am I saying. Don't barge in with "you're a retard as your patehetic attempts to prove good character is bad show" and I'm not sure the whole stat averages thing is going to work either.

Except that his opinions can potentially misinform people. "This character is good because she is given two angelic robes and an Energy Ring" then shown to only survive because of lucky RNG rolls that makes the enemy miss twice is a much bigger problem than disagreeing with averages.

The other video shown also disrespectfully portrays the other side as morons, so there is no reason to side with him either.

I don't think this is always entirely correct, btw. The most likely outcome is the mode. An average is the midpoint of all data - 50%, a unit will get higher x, 50%, a unit will get lower. Of course, they are roughly equal in most cases due to the linear nature of bases + growths, like Matthew's 18/0 Skl mode is 10, while his average is 10.4). The exception is of course when a stat gets chances to cap, like Lyn's Spd at 17/0 has an average of 18.3, but the mode is 20.

Yeah yeah, I know. It's kinda difficult to explain why averages are valid measuring tools in a comparison when youtube only gives me 500 characters to work with >_>

I believe the best explanation I've read was that the mode, for example, only takes in account the most common result (which can be as little as like 19% of all results, or even less), while the average takes into account all possible results in a fair way.

I would have no problem using more common results over more fair ones (or rather both for more in-depth comparisons), it's just that this information is not easily available right now.

What I really should start doing is using stat variance in averages and comparing RNG screwed vs. RNG screwed characters and RNG blessed vs. RNG blessed characters as well, to take into account different situations that may occur.

Already happens. The problem with "most common" is that it is nowhere near the majority of the cases unless the stat is close to capping on average.