007 golden bullet

Resident Evil 2

Quest 64

Anything by Rare

Super Mario 64

Anything by Rare

Anything by Rare

Anything by Rare

I like Mario Golf and Mario Tennis >.> Gex 2 and 3 are fun, but I'd prefer the PlayStation versions. Same with Megaman 64. Gauntlet 64. Hmmm...

Space Station Silicon Valley

Army Men - Sarge's Heroes

Army Men - Sarge's Heroes 2

Bomberman 64

Bomberman 64 - The Second Attack!

Body Harvest

Blast Corps

Beetle Adventure Racing

Conker's Bad Fur Day

Chameleon Twist

Castlevania - Legacy of Darkess

Bust-A-Move '99

But-A-Move 2 - Arcade Edition

Buck Bumble

Dr. Mario 64

Donkey Kong 64

Diddy Kong Racing

Goldeneye 007

Geomon's Great Adventure

Glover

Gex 64 - Enter the Gecko

Gex 3 - Deep Cover Gecko

Gauntlet Legends

Excitebike 64

Jet Force Gemini

Pokemon Stadium (if you're a fan)

Pokemon Stadium 2 (same as above)

Pokemon Snap

Pokemon Puzzle League

Perfect Dark

Paper Mario

Nightmare Creatures

Mario Tennis

Mario Party

Mario Party 2

Mario Party 3

Mario Golf

Mario Kart 64 (I'm not a fan of it too much though)

Mischief Makers

Milo's Astro Lanes

Mission Impossible (so bad it's good sometimes)

Lode Runner 3D

LEGO Racers

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Master Quest

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards

Banjo-Kazooie

Banjo-Tooie

Megaman 64

Bomberman Hero

Hexen

Hybrid Heaven

Resident Evil 2

Rayman 2 - The Great Escape

Rampage - World Tour

Spider-Man

Space Invaders

South Park Rally

South Park

South Park - Chef's Love Shack

Snowboard Kids

Snowboard Kids 2

Worms - Armageddon

The World is Not Enough

WinBack - Covert Operations

Turok - Dinosaur Hunter

Turok 2 - Seeds of Evil

Turok 3 - Shadow of Oblivion

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1~4

Rainbow Six

Tonic Trouble

Superman 64

Super Smash Bros.

Super Mario 64

Star Wars - Rogue Squadron

Star Wars: Episode I - Battle for Naboo

Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire

Yoshi's Story

Rugrats - Scavenger Hunt

Star Fox 64

Rampage 2 - Universal Tour

Iggy's Reckin' Balls

Mystical Ninja - Starring Geomn

Quest 64

That should be a fair amount of my faves :/

Sin and Punishment

Megaman 64

Castlevania 64

Bomberman 64

Bomberman Hero

Mortal Kombat Trilogy

Star Fox 64

Torok: Dinosaur Hunter

Goldeneye 007

Resi Evil 2

Perfect Dark

Mario 64

Quest 64

Mario Kart 64

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Edited by TLS

Really? No one said Pilot Wings 64? Jesus Christ.

Anyway:

Blast Corps

Super Mario 64 (assuming you haven't already played it vicariously through... living)

Banjo Kazooie and its sequel

Kirby and the Crystal Shards

Pokemon Snap!

Yoshi's Story

Mentioning Ocarina of Time seems redundant. Though I should mention it bores me. Mario Kart 64 is a piece of shit.

Edited by Fox

You guys suck for not mentioning Mystical Ninjas Starring Goemon.

That game saved my N64 from being sold.

Oh and I argee with the "anything by Rare" sentiment. I don't have anything against Microsoft, but Rare's work for the N64 is their best.

Anything by Rare

This was where I stopped reading. Why? Once they thought collecting everything to beat the game was a good idea they went to shit. The games may be "good" but having to switch character every 5 minutes to collect brown turds is almost soul destorying after 10 hours.

DK64 is annoying with the whole oh look there are bananas but you need to be Diddy Kong to get them to justify 5 characters. I heared the final boss battle was great. Shame you'll never know unless you can 1CC the original DK Arcade game...twice! It would be fine if the controls didn't mess up, you could try again as soon as you die rather than be booted out the game and to get back in have to pull the elver watch the level putting cut scene and then at the title screen DK climbs the ladder blah blah blah (in a way I can see why the NES version skipped that but the pie factory :( ). I collected all the shit in the game except for stuff related to that and one golden banana in the Ice level. But that isn't good enough becuase you can't play a 20 year old Arcade game :(

Then there is Banjo Tooie which manages to combine collecting with slow pace. Banjo and Kazooie suck when they're not together (too slow, too limited). Mumbo Jumbo would be fun if snails didn't move faster and too many activate this switch that is a 8 minute round trip from the character switcher.

After that its Mickey Speedway Racing USA. Tobe fair, I'm not from USA and as far as Kart games go I'm perfectly happy with Mario Kart 64 and Diddy Kong Racing so why should I even care about this?

Conkers Bad Fur day combines South Park Humour with the collect-a-thon we all lov...wait a minute :(

Theres Perfect Dark. Good game. Shame the framerate can be atrocious most of the time and the end levels were a bit crap (killing monsters...where have we seen that before?).

Personally I still hold to Rareware went down after Jet Force Gemini but even that had the whole collect everything to see the final boss :( Plus the hicups of ther later games don't take away from the fact that the early N64 (and to an extent late) was pretty much held together by Rareware (for good reason, their games were great). With Zelda 64 constantly being delayed we needed Rareware to bridge the gap...then their games constantly got delayed :(

Also, if you are a wrestling fan, you should get WCW/nWo Revenge and WWF: No Mercy.

Ah yes WWF: No Memory as the cartridge based saves it got wipe themselves so remember to get a meory card that actually works my N64 memory cards stopped working about a month after getting them...they were free and at the end of the day Turok Rage Wars (if you were bored of Goldeneye and perfect Dark wasn't out what was there to do for Deathmatches?) and Wipeout 64 weren't quite worth the £20 the official ones cost

Can't believe nobody mentioned Super Smash Bros. Yeah, it's outdated compared to Melee, but it's still one of the N64's strongest titles.

If you're a fan of fighting games, Killer Instinct Gold is not too bad.

After that, just refer to everyone else's advises, especially Celice's list (although I would scrap out the Army Men games, the Gex games and the Rugrats game off this list if it were me.)

This was where I stopped reading. Why? Once they thought collecting everything to beat the game was a good idea they went to shit. The games may be "good" but having to switch character every 5 minutes to collect brown turds is almost soul destorying after 10 hours.

DK64 is annoying with the whole oh look there are bananas but you need to be Diddy Kong to get them to justify 5 characters. I heared the final boss battle was great. Shame you'll never know unless you can 1CC the original DK Arcade game...twice! It would be fine if the controls didn't mess up, you could try again as soon as you die rather than be booted out the game and to get back in have to pull the elver watch the level putting cut scene and then at the title screen DK climbs the ladder blah blah blah (in a way I can see why the NES version skipped that but the pie factory :( ). I collected all the shit in the game except for stuff related to that and one golden banana in the Ice level. But that isn't good enough becuase you can't play a 20 year old Arcade game :(

Then there is Banjo Tooie which manages to combine collecting with slow pace. Banjo and Kazooie suck when they're not together (too slow, too limited). Mumbo Jumbo would be fun if snails didn't move faster and too many activate this switch that is a 8 minute round trip from the character switcher.

After that its Mickey Speedway Racing USA. Tobe fair, I'm not from USA and as far as Kart games go I'm perfectly happy with Mario Kart 64 and Diddy Kong Racing so why should I even care about this?

Conkers Bad Fur day combines South Park Humour with the collect-a-thon we all lov...wait a minute :(

Theres Perfect Dark. Good game. Shame the framerate can be atrocious most of the time and the end levels were a bit crap (killing monsters...where have we seen that before?).

Personally I still hold to Rareware went down after Jet Force Gemini but even that had the whole collect everything to see the final boss :( Plus the hicups of ther later games don't take away from the fact that the early N64 (and to an extent late) was pretty much held together by Rareware (for good reason, their games were great). With Zelda 64 constantly being delayed we needed Rareware to bridge the gap...then their games constantly got delayed :(

Ah yes WWF: No Memory as the cartridge based saves it got wipe themselves so remember to get a meory card that actually works my N64 memory cards stopped working about a month after getting them...they were free and at the end of the day Turok Rage Wars (if you were bored of Goldeneye and perfect Dark wasn't out what was there to do for Deathmatches?) and Wipeout 64 weren't quite worth the £20 the official ones cost

I agree for the most part, except that Perfect Dark (and Goldeneye) are great games. There aren't any console shooters before them that compare, and that includes Doom.

Now I'm not going to excuse a bad game just because its old or the 'best of its kind' (any more than I'd use the same logic in Fire Emblem character debates), but I'd argue that Perfect Dark and Goldeneye are great on their own merits, even if we had Halo and Call of Duty ten years before either of Rare's shooters.

But yeah, I've never finished any of Rare's 3D platformers and I likely never will.