Snow

Raven

The UK is practically covered from North to South in snow, it's pretty heavy as well, possibly about 5 inches thick or more in some places.

I was out with some friends at my university, and since there are bankings and hills surrounding the whole of the halls of residence here at Glamorgan uni, we had some snowball fights and freesled down the bankings. It was pretty cool. No pun intended.

I can also confirm that light snow is currently falling in Boston. I'm pleased it isn't frigid though, and yesterday's abnormal warmth was very pleasant. The snow here gets amazingly filthy and disgusting on the road sides, however; it's nothing like the enormous solid white mass which characterizes snow in my mother's rural town.

Raven, do you know for how long the snow is expected to last in Wales?

Edited by Wist

Well I live in Washington State's convergence zone, so many unpredictable things can happen here given I live on the rainy side of the mountains and right by the ocean and whatnot. So no year is ever the same.

Typically though, what we get in winter aren't a lot of persistent amounts of snow every day, but when it comes it dumps down for at least three days man! Last dump we had about a foot of snow it was sweet!

Edited by Yourgranny

Is there a difference?

Well I take it back, it really picked up right after I made that post. But in the morning it was just small amounts of snow that wasn't accumulating (a flurry) that looked more foreboding just because the wind was blowing it horizantally and in your face.

I can also confirm that light snow is currently falling in Boston. I'm pleased it isn't frigid though, and yesterday's abnormal warmth was very pleasant. The snow here gets amazingly filthy and disgusting on the road sides, however; it's nothing like the enormous solid white mass which characterizes snow in my mother's rural town.

Raven, do you know for how long the snow is expected to last in Wales?

Almost already gone, Wist... =[

Well I take it back, it really picked up right after I made that post. But in the morning it was just small amounts of snow that wasn't accumulating (a flurry) that looked more foreboding just because the wind was blowing it horizantally and in your face.

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought. And now, it's all melting, even though it's supposed to be 22 degrees outside. What the hell?

Well, I live in Canada, so we live and breathe snow for at least four or five months. XD

It's about 40 centimeters at the moment, and everytime we think it's melting, another snow storm appears to replace what was melted. Which causes a bunch of grouchy neighbours who are stuck shovelling day and night.

Personally, I love the snow, though I hate having to walk through it in the bitter cold during my 40-minute walk home. Snowball fights, snowman/fort building and ice skating in the snow are awesome though. :D

Well, I live in Canada, so we live and breathe snow for at least four or five months. XD

It's about 40 centimeters at the moment, and everytime we think it's melting, another snow storm appears to replace what was melted. Which causes a bunch of grouchy neighbours who are stuck shovelling day and night.

Personally, I love the snow, though I hate having to walk through it in the bitter cold during my 40-minute walk home. Snowball fights, snowman/fort building and ice skating in the snow are awesome though. :D

yes I also do

It almost snowed in the Bay Area about a month ago.

Where do you live?

San Francisco never gets snow. ;_;

Well, it did that one time way back in history...

Edited by Fireman

Where do you live?

San Francisco never gets snow. ;_;

Well, it did that one time way back in history...

I live about 20 minutes drive from San Francisco.

I read in the news that there was a chance of snow in the Bay Area.

It sucks when it snows here, it's never enough to cancel work or school and it's quite troublesome the following day whether it's hardened or melted (it's often both).

My thoughts actually.

Last year was a record winter with 17+ feet. College closed 3-4 times during the winter and there was a snow storm almost once per week.