Can Eclipse double?

luigi bros

I've been wondering if the Eclipse speel can double or not because if it can then it can kill anything if it hits twice, so can it?

Eclipse has 12 Weight. Canas's Con is really bad. His avg spd is around 22.

I guess it's possible but only if you can grind Canas a LOT as soon as you get him until he's overlevelled and then fight some slow armor knight.

Even then, it wouldn't make sense if the second hit retains the same attack power. Maybe it is programmed to NEVER attack twice?

I guess it's possible but only if you can grind Canas a LOT as soon as you get him until he's overlevelled and then fight some slow armor knight.

Even then, it wouldn't make sense if the second hit retains the same attack power. Maybe it is programmed to NEVER attack twice?

Athos can also use it. But I guess the final chapter enemies are faster than regular enemies so he may not double.

Also can it critical?

Athos can also use it. But I guess the final chapter enemies are faster than regular enemies so he may not double.

Also can it critical?

Athos's 20 Speed is NOT going to be good enough for anyone in the final chapter. I'm sure even Darin's buddy wouldn't get doubled.

A critical won't make sense either. And some weapons are programmed to never critical (like Runesword). It's possible that they did the same with Eclipse but I can't be too sure.

Athos's 20 Speed is NOT going to be good enough for anyone in the final chapter. I'm sure even Darin's buddy wouldn't get doubled.

A critical won't make sense either. And some weapons are programmed to never critical (like Runesword). It's possible that they did the same with Eclipse but I can't be too sure.

I thought so, I was just saying Athos can use it as well.

That's what I would think.

I wouldn't think that a spell that is meant to bring the opponents hit points all the way to one HP would critical at all. Also, I'd highly doubt its doubling capacity with that in mind as well, since that would mean an instant 1RKO if your Canas is absolutely speed blessed and can hit both times he casts the spell...

I wouldn't think that a spell that is meant to bring the opponents hit points all the way to one HP would critical at all. Also, I'd highly doubt its doubling capacity with that in mind as well, since that would mean an instant 1RKO if your Canas is absolutely speed blessed and can hit both times he casts the spell...

it halves current HP.

it halves current HP.

Except in FE6, where it reduces the foe's HP to 1.

-------

That being said, as was noted above, Eclipse (as it's coded in the game) cannot double or critical (unless by Stone in FE8). However, it is possible in ROM Edits to alter Eclipse to, at the very least, double. I'm personally not sure about making it able to critical (without some external factor like Stone), though.

Edited by Lord Glenn

Except in FE6, where it reduces the foe's HP to 1.

Ah, that's what I was thinking about. My bad.

But my point on Eclipse doubling still stands, since taking two halves of a whole is very similar to reducing HP to one and then finishing them off. (I'm not so sure it would work if somebody had an odd number of hitpoints, though...)

Canas' Con is 8. Are you sure he's losing just 4 AS?

Also, the average speed in the final chapter is ~13.

Canas' Con is 8. Are you sure he's losing just 4 AS?

Eclipse is indeed 12 WT. Very light for a siege tome, though that sort of compensates for how much it sucks.

Does Eclipse hit the Fire Dragon? It hits Fomortiis, so I don't see why not...

Edited by dondon151

It would be kinda useless to land doubles or criticals with Eclipse because it won't kill any bosses at all (even average enemies won't be killed). The idea is amazing, but its utility is low.

It would kill them if you get lucky enough to be able to hit on both attacks.