(P)SAT Scores

Chalis

Most likely, I guess. I would be sad if not. The most I could have gotten for each would be 80.

PSAT/NMSQT scores are reported on a scale of 20 to 80. In 2008, the average score for eleventh graders was about 47 in Critical Reading, 49 in Mathematics, and 46 in Writing Skills. The average score for tenth graders was about 42 in Critical Reading, 44 in Mathematics, and 41 in Writing Skills.

I forgot my exact grade on each part of the SAT proper, but I remember getting a general grade of 1290 when I retook the test.

Also, what I really hated about the PSAT was that it recommended which profession you would be good in. It said I'd be a better engineer! (And given that I'm composing my head off in Boston right now... ;))

Edited by Karlheinz Stockhausen

I forgot my exact grade on each part of the SAT proper, but I remember getting a general grade of 1290 when I retook the test.

Also, what I really hated about the PSAT was that it recommended which profession you would be good in. It said I'd be a better engineer! (And given that I'm composing my head off in Boston right now... ;))

Wha...? My SATs didn't say what'd be good for... no fair. :(

However, when I took the ASVAB it did. Man... the things I use to do to get out of class...

Wha...? My SATs didn't say what'd be good for... no fair. :(

However, when I took the ASVAB it did. Man... the things I use to do to get out of class...

Also, what I really hated about the PSAT was that it recommended which profession you would be good in.

That extra 'P' at the beginning makes it an entirely different test.

I think so, since 800 is perfect on the SAT.
Don't SATs use relative grading anyway?

At any rate, I've gotten 1620 on SATs freshman year (no studying) - 590 writing, 500 reading, 530 Math or something like that. And PSATs I ended up in the 84th percentile with a total of 175. It's probably enough to get into UMBC I guess, but I don't expect much overall.

I think my SAT score's going to shoot up though. I'm a lot better with math mistakes, writing, although my reading might suffer (I got 91% writing, 86% math and 63% reading on my PSATs, though they're a fuckton better than last year which was like 70-90-50)

Edited by Nathan Graves

a friend i met during the summer was so stubborn. he wanted to get a perfect score in the SAT, so he studied all the time without stopping.

and he didn't manage it either.

:mellow:

Critical Reading 800 Writing 730 Math 740

Nice job! To be honest, I didn't think it would take so long for someone with a perfect score on something to post on here.

EDIT: I never really studied for the SATs either, though it's a waste of time to me. You don't know what the fuck they're going to ask.

Edited by YokaiKnight

EDIT: I never really studied for the SATs either, though it's a waste of time to me. You don't know what the fuck they're going to ask.
I have a quick guide to studying for the SATs that actually helps a lot imo -- it gives a rather large list of words for you to memorize and also gives you tips on how to take it, as opposed to taking it yourself. I find it better than practice tests myself.