• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure of this?

I mean...Are you pretty sure of this?

I mean...Are you entirely sure of this?

I mean...Are you 100% sure of that claim?

Yes.

warachia1-Tsize.jpg

this is totally the best pokemon loki.

Lol.

Also, you may believe or not, but tis true. If not for Princess Kilvas, who showed me the light, I'd still be clueless about the little critters.

Believe when I say I rarely go out, I rarely search the net for things such as that. Hell, I dont even know most of the anime avatars you people have. All I do is write, come to SF, play a videogames, sleep, wake up, get some coffee, log into SF, annoy the crap out of people, write,..repeat.. XD

Tis true. I love you all, good night.

Lol.

Also, you may believe or not, but tis true. If not for Princess Kilvas, who showed me the light, I'd still be clueless about the little critters.

Believe when I say I rarely go out, I rarely search the net for things such as that. Hell, I dont even know most of the anime avatars you people have. All I do is write, come to SF, play a videogames, sleep, wake up, get some coffee, log into SF, annoy the crap out of people, write,..repeat.. XD

Tis true. I love you all, good night.

where's the part with having a life and liking girls? :mellow:

Pokemon was popular world-wide! Even Mexico heard of Pokemon!

but everyone alive is apparently smarter than loki(and he shows us himself with the crap he does here that thats true)

Pokémon (ポケモン, Pokemon?, IPA: /ˈpoʊkeɪmɒn, ˈpɒkimɒn/) is a media franchise owned by the video game company Nintendo and created by Satoshi Tajiri around 1995. Originally released as a pair of interlinkable Game Boy role-playing video games, Pokémon has since become the second most successful and lucrative video game-based media franchise in the world, behind only Nintendo's own Mario series. Pokémon properties have since been merchandised into anime, manga, trading cards, toys, books, and other media. The franchise celebrated its tenth anniversary on February 27, 2006, and as of April 23, 2008, cumulative sales of the video games (including home console versions, such as the "Pikachu" Nintendo 64) have reached more than 180 million copies.

The name Pokémon is the romanized contraction of the Japanese brand, "Pocket Monsters" (ポケットモンスター, Poketto Monsutā?),[3] as such contractions are very common in Japan. The term "Pokémon", in addition to referring to the Pokémon franchise itself, also collectively refers to the 493 fictional species that have made appearances in Pokémon media as of the recent release of the newest Pokémon role-playing games (RPGs) for the Nintendo DS, Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. Like the words deer and sheep, the singular and plural forms of the word "Pokémon" do not differ, nor does each individual species name; in short, it is grammatically correct to say both "one Pokémon" and "many Pokémon". In November 2005, 4Kids Entertainment, which had managed the non-game related licensing of Pokémon, announced that it had agreed not to renew the Pokémon representation agreement. Pokémon USA Inc., a subsidiary of Japan's Pokémon Co., now oversees all Pokémon licensing outside of Asia.

Pokémon, being a popular franchise, has undoubtedly left its mark on pop culture. The Pokémon characters themselves have become pop culture icons; examples include two different Pikachu balloons in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, a Pokémon-styled Boeing 747-400, thousands of merchandise items, and a theme park in Nagoya, Japan in 2005 and Taipei in 2006. Pokémon also appeared on the cover of the U.S. magazine Time in 1999. The Comedy Central show Drawn Together has a character named Ling-Ling which is a direct parody of Pikachu. Several other shows such as ReBoot, The Simpsons, South Park, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, and All Grown Up! have made references and spoofs of Pokémon, among other series. Pokémon was also featured on VH1's I Love the '90s: Part Deux. A live action show called Pokémon Live! toured the United States in late 2000. It was based on the popular Pokémon anime, but had some continuity errors relating to it.

In November 2001, Nintendo opened a store called the Pokémon Center in New York, in New York's Rockefeller Center, modeled after the two other Pokémon Center stores in Tokyo and Osaka, fictional buildings where Trainers take their Pokémon to be healed. The store sold Pokémon merchandise on a total of two floors, with items ranging from collectible shirts to stuffed Pokémon plushies. The store also featured a Pokémon Distributing Machine in which players would place their game to receive an egg of a Pokémon that is being given out at that time. The store also had tables that were open for players of the Pokémon Trading Card Game to duel each other or an employee. The store was closed and replaced by the Nintendo World Store on May 14, 2005.[38]

That all being said (don't even post if you didn't read it) the chances of not even knowing what Pokemon was is slim to none. Considering on top of all that, there were commercials all over T.V. And the radio.

So unless you're an extremely sheltered child who was home schooled, and parents controlled everything you did or watched, and never took you outside or let you be around other children or even go to the store, and literally kept you in your house ALL THE TIME, then it's almost physically impossible to not know what Pokemon is. The only way it would work even if all that was true is through a SERIES of coincidences, which all of which would be extremely unlikely to happen even once, let alone several times...

Sorry for the long post.

So unless you're an extremely sheltered child who was home schooled, and parents controlled everything you did or watched, and never took you outside or let you be around other children or even go to the store, and literally kept you in your house ALL THE TIME, then it's almost physically impossible to not know what Pokemon is.

You know, you might be on to something here.

I dun know nothin' 'bout no Pokeymans! Are they them confangled critters in them confangled balls?

(yes, I know what Pokemon is, I've played all the games, except Diamond and Pearl, the point of me losing interest in it)

Well unless your parents beat you for even looking outside or in a direction they don't allow, and detest Pokemon for using the world "evolution" I doubt you never heard of it.

Well, Loki did say that his parents banned him from writing his story because they didn't want him writing about demons, so it's entirely plausible. They seem to be quite religious.

Well, Loki did say that his parents banned him from writing his story because they didn't want him writing about demons, so it's entirely plausible. They seem to be quite religious.

Somehow I doubt they've sheltered him to he point where he isn't allowed to look in a direction they don't like...

Even if they had it's almost impossible to stop him unless they lock him in a room with no windows and watch him at ALL times.

I'll be honest with you. My parents didn't like a lot of stuff I was writing. "One" nearly gave my mother a heart attack, she demanded I delete it and remove it from the web. I recall my exact words being, "fuck you." No slap, no scolding, just a sigh and walking away. She knew no matter what she did I'd have left it anyways.

Edited by Cynthia

Somehow I doubt they've sheltered him to he point where he isn't allowed to look in a direction they don't like...

Even if they had it's almost impossible to stop him unless they lock him in a room with no windows and watch him at ALL times.

I'll be honest with you. My parents didn't like a lot of stuff I was writing. "One" nearly gave my mother a heart attack, she demanded I delete it and remove it from the web. I recall my exact words being, "fuck you." No slap, no scolding, just a sigh and walking away. She knew no matter what she did I'd have left it anyways.

Its close, but not the case.

To be honest, like I have said, I didn't go out that much. I pretty much stayed at home, played videogames, hardly watched any tv and did not have friends, until I arrived the internet scene, which in truth, is not much since I is being sorta monitored.

What I have done alot is write and read, study the English language and the bible. So you see, I am not that involved with the world.

FE came to my life on a sunday, a gift. I started playing it, then went online and searched for images, a wallpaper of Eliwood. Among the searches, I came to learn that there were forums, and even then, I did not know what a forum was. So I registered at FEW, where I was quickly banned for double posting without knowing what that was. XD

Still, I liked the idea about foruming and stuff, so I searched again and came along with FEE, where I sorta spent more than a year.

Pokemon is a big thing in Mexico, actually. Claiming that you don't know pokemon is like claiming you don't know Dragon Ball Z. they even made tazos (pogs) with their images that came for free in potato chip packages, not to mention the television show that was aired during the early times, or the video game magazines.

pokemon is a big thing in Mexico just like in the rest of the world.