What class should I make Colm?

Roxas

What would you make Colm?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Assassin?
    • Rogue?

Luckily, there're these things called weapons. You see, they boost the damage output of a unit.

Colm can still ORKO most things. Silencer is nearly useless.

Also, using your logic, you have other attacking units. You shouldn't use Colm at all!

On average, he has 12 Strength at 20/1. Pitiful. Ross has that at 10/1 for God's sakes! And others usually have ~14 at least as well. Using the weakest weapons isn't helping him either. A skill that OHKO's is.

Cyclops and almost any other monster say hi.

That's why I usually make him a Rogue myself. I don't usually have him fight. However, if he is to fight, Assassin is the better route.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you've already mentioned that Colm's skill is pretty pitiful. The activation rate for Silencer is nowhere near being reliable.

The much more common Bonewalkers say hi.

For an unreliable skill? No way!

But you've already mentioned that Colm's skill is pretty pitiful. The activation rate for Silencer is nowhere near being reliable.

The much more common Bonewalkers say hi.

For an unreliable skill? No way!

No I haven't. It might not be reliable, but it's better than nothing.

Prove to me that he can one-round them on his own.

Versus what? Thief utility? Last I checked, that doesn't help you fight.

No I haven't. It might not be reliable, but it's better than nothing.

Prove to me that he can one-round them on his own.

Versus what? Thief utility? Last I checked, that doesn't help you fight.

So, Sure Shot is better than nothing? Really?

Too lazy. :[

It does help in everything else, though.

Sure Shot is nothing. Silencer is something.

Your loss.

It sure does, but that wasn't my point.

An extremely insignificant thing that doesn't make up for a Rogue's theif utility outside of combat.

I know, right?

OK, so Assassin BARELY edges out a win in combat, and Rogue > it in everything else.

A little one-sided, dontcha' think?

An extremely insignificant thing that doesn't make up for a Rogue's theif utility outside of combat.

I know, right?

OK, so Assassin BARELY edges out a win in combat, and Rogue > it in everything else.

A little one-sided, dontcha' think?

When did it become extremely insignificant? A chance (even if fairly small) to kill any enemy in a single strike isn't that bad if you ask me.

By the time you're promoting Colm, there isn't even much thief work left. I can think of one Guiding Ring to steal in the desert and a few chests later, but Assassins can use Lockpicks anyway, so the Guiding Ring is all. If you made Ross into a Berserker, you can't get another Ocean Seal until the previous chapter anyway, so waiting less than a full map to just steal one item before promoting is hardly a setback (And that's only if you can't field Rennac). You're golden from there and you have Rennac.

I'm bored, so I'm just going to reassert something I've said before.

Having Colm nearly cap his stats and require less of your time and stat boosters > Rennac requiring you to use stat boosters to become self-sufficient. Using Colm is more likely.

I'm bored, so I'm just going to reassert something I've said before.

Having Colm nearly cap his stats and require less of your time and stat boosters > Rennac requiring you to use stat boosters to become self-sufficient. Using Colm is more likely.

If you're repeating yourself, I've obviously already handled it. Rennac doesn't have to fight to fill the position.

So let me get this straight, Red Fox of Fire. You mean to tell me that you prefer Random OHKO over utilities...

When I want him to be a combat unit, yes.

When I want him to be a utility unit, no. (This is usually the case for me)

You mean to tell me that you prefer Random OHKO over utilities...

Postgame, what utility?

It's not really a matter of OHKO or Steal. It's a matter of maingame or postgame. Rogue is more practical for the maingame, but Assassin is more useful overall in the post. Rogue>Assassin overall, but that's not to say they don't have their uses.

Rennac requiring you to use stat boosters to become self-sufficient.

Come postgame Lockpicks are buyable anyway, Rennac can just open up all the chests in the maingame and not even worry about dying. Even in the early stages of the tower, already about half of where the postgame chests are, he can handle himself fine without too many boosters, if any.

Edited by Sweet Tooth

Colm deserves to be a ROGUE (rouge means red -_-). Sure, he would be a killing machine as an assassin but look at the enemies, do you really need one? Rogues on the other hand gives you infinite lock picking utilities. They could also steal (there are some good things that should be stolen in this game). My vote goes for rogues

Rogue, I think Assassins are the most overrated class in the series. Fire Emblem 10 Volke is pretty nice though, since he gets a critical bonus.

Rogues are super thieves. They can still steal, that's the biggest thing about them. They also rid the need for lockpicks. (Assassins can still use lockpicks)

Edited by Kintenbo

Colm deserves to be a ROGUE (rouge means red -_-). Sure, he would be a killing machine as an assassin but look at the enemies, do you really need one? Rogues on the other hand gives you infinite lock picking utilities. They could also steal (there are some good things that should be stolen in this game). My vote goes for rogues

Yes, you do need one, but you get one in Rennac. Nothing more to say. ^^

The more, the merrier.

Imo, no, although that saying is true. In my case, I love having variety in my team, so I need an assassin. Since there really isn't much to chests and pickpocketing in the game, why would you want to waste a character by turning him into something that you already have at your disposal, unless you killed Rennac. XD

I stick with Assassin over Rogue simply because I already have a rogue in Rennac.

Colm for assassin, cause as bad as Rennac is, this IS FE8 we're talking about.

And since promoting Joshua to an assassin would be ridiculous, even using Marisa pre-ending is a horrible idea, Colm should be an assassin.

I'd go with Assassin. Rennac can handle your Rogue utility since he never has to fight anyway and Assassin is better for fighting.

^This is my opinion as well. Marisa is not really any better than Colm as an Assassin, probably worse; and don't even mention Joshua being an Assassin.

Edited by Camtech075

Colm for assassin, cause as bad as Rennac is, this IS FE8 we're talking about.

And since promoting Joshua to an assassin would be ridiculous, even using Marisa pre-ending is a horrible idea, Colm should be an assassin.

Right, since Colm has a good Str growth for a theif, he should defenetly go on assasin, that would make of the fighing type, don't promote him to a rogue, that'll make only useful for picking chest and doors.

Meh, Ryuzaki might have already promoted Colm by now :( .

EDIT: If you think assasins are inferior to rogue your wrong, steal a few lockpicks with Rennac for later on.

I'm literally loling here, people.

Rogues and Assassins have the same caps. The only thing that makes an Assassin A TINY bit better than Rogues, fighting-wise, is Silencer. If Rogues are 5/10 when it comes to fighting, Assassins are 5.1/10. Overall, of course counting thief utility, Rogues >> Assassins.

Overall, of course counting thief utility, Rogues >> Assassins.

Please proceed to explain why that thief utility is so useful when:

- You get an excellent amount of Door Keys, Chest Keys and Lockpicks.

- Barely anything to steal in the first place.

- You have Rennac who doesn't fight. (I don't think this is a very good argument but it's here anyway)

Edited by Shanan