Starfox Assault

Metal Rabbit

I think I contribute to the minority opinion on this one, but I very much preferred both Starfox 64 and Starfox Adventures to this game. I very quickly became disinterested in Starfox Assault's strange mix of playing modes (if referring to them as such makes sense) and never put more than ten hours into the game. I don't think it was a poor game, but I personally found it significantly less satisfying than its predecessors.

Edited by Wist

lawl, adventure was so much better than this crap

lol!

no wai!

Adventure would be awesome if it wasn't for the fact that Fox is there.

Starfox 64 is the best in the series, but you've got to admit that the ground shooting levels were fun.

Assault was fun, but IDK why I didn't like it as much as 64 and Adventures. Oh yeah now I remember; the lines the characters said in that one sounded cheesy. Odd, because they seem like they'd strike me as cheesy in 64, but they don't. Maybe it's the way they say them.

Adventures was perhaps Rare's best game IMO followed by Banjo-Kazooie and the DKC series.

Assault was fun, but IDK why I didn't like it as much as 64 and Adventures. Oh yeah now I remember; the lines the characters said in that one sounded cheesy. Odd, because they seem like they'd strike me as cheesy in 64, but they don't. Maybe it's the way they say them.

Adventures was perhaps Rare's best game IMO followed by Banjo-Kazooie and the DKC series.

Adventure would be amazing if Fox wasn't the main character.

him being there felt out of place, imo

>_>

64 was the best, no contest. This game has a MUCH better multiplayer though.

Star Fox 2 is the best.

Too bad it never got released to a cart.

Adventures is underrated as hell.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

lawl, adventure was so much better than this crap

What? I'll conceide Starfox Adventures was great at one thing. Graphics. Shame about the gameplay being like Zelda...except if it was really boring and easy (combat is no more than Bash A to win and I don't recall any interesting puzzles at all). Plus with it being hastly ported to the gamecube, having Starfox shoe-horned in and Kyrstal no longer playable for more than 5 minutes (originally she was playable for the whole game) and microsoft waving a wad of money at Rares stocks all lead to problems. Frankly it felt unfinished (and most likely was). I disliked the S shaped corridoor areas with nothing in them that served no purpose other than to mask the loading time for the next area.

The thing I hate about Starfox Assualt is how is handles shooting. In the SNES Starfox and the N64 Starfox you hit the fire button and 2 or 3 shots come out. It helps cut back on the button mashing since you don't have to hit the button as much. Assault gives you one shot...meaning you have to mash the button like mad. Which is a pain and honestly has put me off playing on the harder difficulties (enemies will be able to take more hits...you can see where this leads :( )

Also I hate Namcos betrayal. It started like this.

Namco: Lets make a Starfox game for gamecube and arcade. We'll get the ace combat team on it.

Namco: You know what we said about Arcade. Cancel that, can we do the worst Mairo Kart game ever instead?

Namco: You know we said Ace Combat team. By Ace Combat team we mean the rookies of the Ace Combat team as the rest of the team is working on a real Ace Combat game.

But the main issue is lots of game modes; excels at none.

I far prefered this to game Command and Adventures.

64 Trumps them all, but Adventures and Command we're fuckin terrible.

Assault had decent ground gameplay.

As well as more then 1 Arwing stage, which is more then I can say fro Adventures.