Decoy

Guest FreelancerSealBoy

Guest FreelancerSealBoy

Basically, can I avoid leaving someone behind? The last time I left Cain, but I really don't want to lose anyone. Unless I can get them back later, but I doubt it. So, if I can't who should I ditch?

Killing Gordin does NOT net you Norne. It's kill two characters before the end of P-4.

It's that you have 4 or less people before the end of the prologue. If it was kill 2 people then you'd have Norne every time, because there's 4 enemies in prologue 1.

That's what Sweet Tooth meant, but they probably worded it badly. In any case, I'm sure most players would understand what they meant.

I know, I know...

Anyway, I used Jeigan as my decoy. I don't use pre-promotes well most of the time except snipers. And I didn't wana lose any of the cavs or CAPTAIN GORDIN, DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE.

Edited by Reinfleche

I know, I know...

Anyway, I used Jeigan as my decoy. I don't use pre-promotes well most of the time except snipers. And I didn't wana lose any of the cavs or CAPTAIN GORDIN, DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE.

^What he said. Jagen sucks to hell.

you want to know what I did on my first playthrough?

i recruited Gordon just to activate the event thing, then made him run towards all the generals.

needless to say, he was killed.

then i sent Jeigan to his death.

and i won.

Edited by Ananke

See i read up on the game before its release, so i knew the decoy thing was coming, but it was still a hard choice for me. I mean Gordin or Jegan are obvious choices for their stats, but im so used to playing the Fire Emblem games and trying to recruit everyone and keep them all alive for the end, that when i have to choose the decoy i freeze up. It just comes as a shock everytime for me.

See i read up on the game before its release, so i knew the decoy thing was coming, but it was still a hard choice for me. I mean Gordin or Jegan are obvious choices for their stats, but im so used to playing the Fire Emblem games and trying to recruit everyone and keep them all alive for the end, that when i have to choose the decoy i freeze up. It just comes as a shock everytime for me.

I know how you felt. At this point, I realize I can't have all the characters. :[

I know how you felt. At this point, I realize I can't have all the characters. :[

It's been like that in almost every Fire Emblem.

FE1: Samson or Aran. Not both.

FE2: Dean or Sonia. Not both.

FE3: Samson or Aran. Not both. In Book 1 anyway.

FE4: None in first generation, but there are the substitute characters...but...meh. Also, second gen has Johan or Johalva.

FE5: Sleuf, Amalda and Misha, or Miranda, Shanam and Failmore Conomore. Also, Eyrios or Olwen.

FE6: Lalum or Elphin. Dayan or Yuno.

FE7: Wallace or Geitz. Harken or Karel. Also Eliwood Mode lacks Karla and Farina.

FE8: Oh shi--! You CAN get them all!

FE9: I...think you can get them all.

FE10: You can get them all.

FEDS: Same deal as FE1 and 3 (Samson or Arran), except now, you also have to give up a char as a decoy and/or kill off characters for Gaiden chapters. Also, another choice comes in the form of Nagi or Gotoh.

Edited by Aless the Black Knight

It's been like that in almost every Fire Emblem.

FE1: Samson or Aran. Not both.

FE2: Dean or Sonia. Not both.

FE3: Samson or Aran. Not both. In Book 1 anyway.

FE4: None in first generation, but there are the substitute characters...but...meh. Also, second gen has Johan or Johalva.

FE5: Sleuf, Amalda and Misha, or Miranda, Shanam and Failmore Conomore. Also, Eyrios or Olwen.

FE6: Lalum or Elphin. Dayan or Yuno.

FE7: Wallace or Geitz. Harken or Karel. Also Eliwood Mode lacks Karla and Farina.

FE8: Oh shi--! You CAN get them all!

FE9: I...think you can get them all.

FE10: You can get them all.

FEDS: Same deal as FE1 and 3 (Samson or Arran), except now, you also have to give up a char as a decoy and/or kill off characters for Gaiden chapters. Also, another choice comes in the form of Nagi or Gotoh.

You forgot Bartre or Echidna for FE6.

FE4 technically has a sacrifice point (Ch10 Julius/Ishtar leaving if you feed one of your units to them - a village grandpa even suggests that). It's just that there's many ways around it, such as killing either of them (kill Ishtar with anyone, kill Julius with Lakche/Skasaha, Berserk one of them into attacking the other so Julius kills Ishtar, etc etc), seizing the castle behind their back...

Actually, can the Aum Staff resurrect whoever you send as a decoy in Prologue?

Edited by Mekkah

Actually, can the Aum Staff resurrect whoever you send as a decoy in Prologue?

I believe it can't. I have Norne in a save file which required Jagen and Gordin dead... I must've used Jagen as the decoy because I can revive Gordin, but not Jagen.

Edited by Levin