65 members have voted

1. 1. Which path?

• Cavalier-Paladin
    • Cavalier-Great Knight
    • Knight-General
    • Knight-Great Knight
    • Recruit (2)-Paladin
    • Recruit (2)- Super Recruit

Great Knights aren't superior to Generals, Generals have more Str, Skill and Def than Great Knights.

First, there is no reason to go with Knight over Cavalier, or General over Great Knight. You sacrifice movement (and in the first case, significant amounts of it) for very very slight stat advantages. Cavalier also has swords, a very huge advantage (Steel Sword has 1 more Mt than Iron Lance, and it also makes her good against axe users rather than bad). General brings Great Shield to the table, but by the time Amelia is that high, she generally has little to worry about anyway.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I make her a general because she is one of the generals that actually get all good speed, defence, and attack at the same time.

• 7 months later...

Two questions:

One- How, exactly, do you recruit her? My cousin says to do it with Duessel, but that doesn't work, so how does one do it?

Secondly- What should I promote her into? Great Knight, General, or Paladin? I'm not sure about which supports she will have, but it's Eirika's route, and I'm planning to do CC extensively.

Amelia should be a super recruit but if you cant do that then she should be a general

I like to make Amelia a general. I think that there are enough paladins and great knights in the game already so I make Amelia a general because I like them (I don't use Gilliam).

Same

Two questions:

One- How, exactly, do you recruit her? My cousin says to do it with Duessel, but that doesn't work, so how does one do it?

Secondly- What should I promote her into? Great Knight, General, or Paladin? I'm not sure about which supports she will have, but it's Eirika's route, and I'm planning to do CC extensively.

Amelia should be a super recruit but if you cant do that then she should be a general

PS you recruit her with Franz or Erika. Recruit her with Franz the converstion is really funny.

Since you're going CC, you'll want a General. While the extra move of Paladin is arguably better, I'm assuming you're intending to max stats in which case General is your best option, as it has the highest caps and IIRC is least affected by terrain, so once it has 15 move it (ironically) is the most mobile, bar canto.

But if you're not planning to max all her stats, go for Paladin. Slight loss of stats and axes for a much easier first tier and mobility

Heh, I completely ignored how old the topic was. I just saw it on the first page and posted :D

You didn't make the necropost; that was jellybeans who did. And Amelia as a general is still inferior to her as a Paladin or a Great Knight in CC.

Not with max stats, which is possible in CC. General has 1 less weakness, Great Shield, axes (over Paladin), +1 STR, +2 SKL, +1 DEF (over GK), +4 STR, +1 SKL, +5 DEF (over Paladin). Paladin and GK have a move advantage which is negated by swiftsoles.

However, I'd never personally play to get max stats - at worst, I'd just unlock Selena + Lyon, so complete the Ruins 3 times. That means, GK or Paladin is definitely better, probably Paladin for the move but it's debatable.

I would recommend making her a Cavy>Pallie. She's can possibly get the highest avoid in the game in this class, and that she gets more movement in this class than any other. I don't make her anything else.

Shouldn't bother with Super Recruit since the super classes got nerfed in the NA and European versions.

A little, in averages it does, she has a 30% Def growth, you can get lucky with her Def, just make sure you go Knight first so she gets +2 Def bonus, she at least has more Def than Franz and Forde, she is quite fast and skilled by then too.

She also has 4 MOV while your mounted units storm ahead. Even if knight has better stats, 3 MOV in this game is huge. Not as huge as FE4, but still really important.

It's not so much that her move is 3 less, but that it's almost half of theirs. It takes her twice as long to move as far as them.