1. 1. Which path?

• Cavalier-Paladin
    • Cavalier-Great Knight
    • Knight-General
    • Knight-Great Knight
    • Recruit (2)-Paladin
    • Recruit (2)- Super Recruit

Two questions:

One- How, exactly, do you recruit her? My cousin says to do it with Duessel, but that doesn't work, so how does one do it?

Secondly- What should I promote her into? Great Knight, General, or Paladin? I'm not sure about which supports she will have, but it's Eirika's route, and I'm planning to do CC extensively.

Edited by Camtech075

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You recruit Amelia by having Franz or Eirika talk to her. As for her class, I'd suggest making her a Cavalier to start with. What you make her from there is up to your discretion. I wouldn't recommend making her a General.

since you're on Eirika's route the only way is to speak with her with Franz in chapter 9, if you don't but she lives, she will appear in the same chapter that Cormag does in Eirika's route later on and you can try again; her supports are with Neimi, Duessel, Ewan, Ross and Franz (all but Ross grow at 3 pts per turn with Ross's at 2 points, Neimi is the fastest growth but has that super fast Colm support on her own end); you can make her whatever you like, I personally like her as a General but as a Trainee she'll be fine at whatever you decide to make her if you choose to train her

Another thing you should know if you don't is: Finish the game with both Eirika and Ephraim and then you get the chance to make Amelia, Ross and Ewan better. They give you like an extra promotion. :)

You recruit Amelia by having Franz or Eirika talk to her. As for her class, I'd suggest making her a Cavalier to start with. What you make her from there is up to your discretion. I wouldn't recommend making her a General.

I was able to recruit her with Ephiram actually. And as a General she's not bad, but I'm not a fan of them myself.

I was able to recruit her with Ephiram actually. And as a General she's not bad, but I'm not a fan of them myself.

Yes, she is. But she's bad as whatever class anyway, so it doesn't matter :/

Another thing you should know if you don't is: Finish the game with both Eirika and Ephraim and then you get the chance to make Amelia, Ross and Ewan better. They give you like an extra promotion. :)

Fun fact: The super trainee classes, to be blunt, suck. Super Journeyman is basically a crappy Berserker. Super Pupil uses all three types of magic. Too bad Dark magic sucks. Especially since Luna got nerfed to holy hell and back. Super Recruit gets a 15% bonus to critical. Too bad that it (and the other super trainees, for that matter) get no Con.

Because that doesn't answer my question. If you don't want to answer me, fine.

OK then.

Personally I make her a general when I DO use her, but that's after the main story only.

When Amelia goes to Recruit(2), her only choice to her next promotion is the Paladin Class and Super Recruit.

She can't become a General nor a Great Knight once you chose Recuirt(2).

There's absolutely no reason not to go anything but Cavalier for the first promotion. 7 mov >>>>> 5/4 movement, and having swords available is vital as well, as it effectively adds 2 def and 30% avo against axe users, going from "extremely bad" to "decent" against those. Knight, especially, is bad. Slightly (and I mean very slightly) better stats don't weigh up against such extreme losses in flexibility.

Then you can go Great Knight for axes + slightly (again, slightly) better stats, or Paladin for 2 more mov than Great Knight. I would recommend Paladin if she's supporting someone like Ranger Neimi or Paladin Franz (so she can keep up with those), but if she's with Duessel or Great Knight Franz, I would just go and get the axes since there's less reason to rush ahead. Though Paladin is still viable for the flexibility boost.

Overall I recommend Cav -> Paladin the most.

Well, JP version Super Recruit is pretty awesome if you throw a few body rings on her.

And body rings aren't really an issue considering Amelia's bettter off Postgame than anywhere else.

Edited by Sweet Tooth

When Amelia goes to Recruit(2), her only choice to her next promotion is the Paladin Class and Super Recruit.

She can't become a General nor a Great Knight once you chose Recuirt(2).

Oh, sorry.

I say Cavalier-Paladin. The Great Knight sprite is just plain hideous in almost every way, and her growths just don't suit a General. In addition, Super Trainees, to be blunt, suck.

Knight-General. A general with great stats and capped speed?

More like a unit with low move and who isn't hitting any caps without abusive measures.

She'll do great as a paladin too, but there are too many already.

Too many? The frequency of units in a specific class doesn't matter in the least. As an easy example, you want a hell of a lot more paladins on your team than snipers.