• Eirika
    • Ephraim
    • Ike (PoR)
    • Micaiah
    • Ike (RD)
    • Sigurd
    • Alm
    • Celica

I personally found Roy very annoying as a Lord. Yeah, he's good once he gets the Sword of Seals, but before that you have consistently baby him. He can't double, dodge, or crit reliably. Lyn can double, dodge, and crit, even if her low Str hurts her damage output a lot. Her decent Res growth makes her a possible magekiller and Lyn really does fairly well until the very end of FE7, while Roy doesn;t do well until the very end of FE6, when your other units should already be awesome. I would prefer a pretty good unit over the course of the game as opposed to a unit that's only good at the end of the game.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to say either Micaiah or Eliwood.

Seriously, what is there bad to Micaiah?

She has Subverb magic, luck and resistence, her skill is OK and she has the same speed growth your favorite lord does(Hector's speed growth is 35% too) and since she has more luck she will have good avoidance.

Nonexistent durability, movement and doubling ability, to name a few. Also has to deal with not 1, but 2 forced promotions, the second one being quite vicious if you're actually raising her as more than a healer.

Edited by Vykan12

Part of Micaiah's problem is the fact that her team is not particularly strong. A healer that can do light magic damage from level 1 is great for a team with lots of durable units to protect her, but the Dawn Brigade really only has Sothe as a truly durable unit for many of the game's more difficult chapters. Nolan is sort of durable but can often fall to repeated enemy attacks on Hard Mode. The rest of the Dawn Brigade risks being 2HKO'd by laguz and some beorc enemies. That being said, the Dawn Brigade would be worse off without her, so she isn't the worst Lord IMO.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Part of Micaiah's problem is the fact that her team is not particularly strong.

That only lasts for about half of part 1.

A healer that can do light magic damage from level 1 is great for a team with lots of durable units to protect her

She isn't capable of healing until second tier, unless you consider sacrifice anything but useless. It does allow her to get into resolve/wrath hp easily, at the very least.

Michaiah is not really good or bad. She's AMAZING in part one as her mad magic is putting a severe dent in enemies or just gimping armors and cavs. Sacrifice helps, especially since she can just use it to sap off status from someone for free. Gets her to wrath health for mad offense, since she's likely getting one shotted by anything not a mage. One shotted by anything not a mage is her problem and it's a bad one as I think only her and the healer lady are getting one shot killed. But still...she clears roadblocks. Her forced promotions don't matter as she's still got mad magic and Thani, it's her only form of good offense anyways, so she's better off just hanging back with staves, which will heal greatly thanks to her magic anyways.

Michaiah's not a bad unit. Just a bad character. Ugh...

Micaiah would of been a wonderful start of game unit if she wasn't your Lord.

1. While a Mage Lord seemed like a neat idea, it'd be better if they had a speed stat to go with with the lack of Def/HP stats. Thani is great, obscene magic growth is great, getting doubled by everything not so much.

2. Either due to limitations in script, poor localization choices, both, or just a bit of poor writing, she came off more a racists bitch than would of been best. With Jill we got a sense of learning, of not knowing better. Micaiah it just seemed was... cruel.

3. Look at your other 'lords' in the game (by this I mean ruling characters during Part 4). You get Naesala and Tibarn who are vengeful Gods in combat. Ike who is, well, we like Ike. Elincia might be impossible to level due to Mercy but she lets OTHERS level giving her a unique value, and Empress Sanaki who is just kind of cool, although she suffers to similar issues as Micaiah. Barring the last mentioned each one is AMAZING if used properly.

And then we get the chapter where your party is her and the Black Knight... which is just a waste of time as she's not going to be able to do a lot of EXP farming due to the FoW and her poor defenses. And it isn't like the Black Knight needs to slaughter people (well, except it was fun. ^_^).

Edited by Rakath

Wow, you actually kept Mercy on Elinicia? I yanked that off of her the second I could. While I dislike Micaiah's character (she made me cringe when she spoke at several points, but she is a pretty decent unit I'll admit), but when did she come off as racist? Or did I miss something?

Wow, you actually kept Mercy on Elinicia? I yanked that off of her the second I could. While I dislike Micaiah's character (she made me cringe when she spoke at several points, but she is a pretty decent unit I'll admit), but when did she come off as racist? Or did I miss something?

I did because she wasn't a primary unit I was trying to use (so I didn't care, as Marcia and Haar were my fliers that game). I used her to farm levels as I gave her squad some off the less leveled characters I had. Since her team had Tibarn and Volke, so I had plenty of muscle to cover murdering things.

She has Subverb magic, luck and resistence, her skill is OK and she has the same speed growth your favorite lord does(Hector's speed growth is 35% too) and since she has more luck she will have good avoidance.

Firstly, Hector isn't my fav Lord. Ike is. Anyway, I didn't think that one through, so... yeah. Micaiah=fairly good. Eliwood=phail. Because I can.

Also note that full boosts to atk and crit also serve as indirect durability boosts.

This is treading dangerous water. While true, the benefits aren't easily quantified and in any case are inferior to concrete defense or avoid bonuses. A full crit boost, for example, pretty much just says that Lyn has an extra 15% chance to not face a counter only on player phase, and that's only if she OHKOs an enemy, which she might not do. I certainly wouldn't attempt to pass everything off as a defensive boost...

just one thing

If you conserve it in Lyn mode, it’ll last her quite a long time, possibly long enough that the period in which her prf weapon is broken and buyable killer weapons aren’t available is minimal.

i thought it was repaired when Lyn rejoins?

Eliwood, because he is not good at anything. (and I've only played FE games released in the US...) In addition to his other not great stats, if you don't get him to at least 20/10 or if you get speed screwed in the very slightest, he gets doubled by the dragon when he attempts to use Durandal. Even Hector isn't that bad with his final weapon, and he's considered an armored unit! He has no stats that are very good, and no matter what you have him do, there is always another unit that can do it quite a bit better. I didn't really find any other units like that in any FE game, everyone is good at SOMETHING, except him.

^^

Dude. Ephraim is godly in his game. Doubles everyone, best strength, defeats all monsters in one hit, and is able to be maxed out on many stats. Ike is good too, but Ephraim is just broken in his game.

------------

But Lyn, OMG. Can you say weak -_-?

-----------

As for the others who were nominated in my head...

Micaiah is just slow, not not powerful.

Eirika... I see potential in her. It's just extremely hard to bring out.

Eliwood, because he is not good at anything.

uber fast Hector support for w1n durability in the early stages

move on promotion plus lances

still doubling and killing everything latergame, obsoleting Lyn since she's slower and dies faster and generally phails compared to Eli