• Ike (RD)
    • Sigurd
    • Alm
    • Celica

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She also doesn't get to help in the most difficult chapters in the game, and by the time you get her most units are promoting and becoming godly themselves.

See, you don't even know what you're talking about. By chapter 14, you only have three Master Seals to work with - nearly half of all the Master Seals you can possibly acquire are in fact done so right before the penultimate chapter with all the mamkutes. So a huge pfffft to your 'most'. And your 'godly' too - top tiers can still be picked off in the final. I personally value Gato and even Riff for what they can do there over Marth as a close combat unit even if he caps his speed.

Her tier placement is well warranted.

Yes, in top tier. Forget any other placement.

I don't believe this. How could Leaf not get the most votes? He's much worse than both Lyn and Roy.

Start believing. Are you blind? He has much better offense/defense on average overall against the enemies he faces, promotion situation, supports, Continue as opposed to no skill, etc. He works fine without scroll or any other form of abuse on average once he gets out of his initial four-chapter rut.

See, you don't even know what you're talking about. By chapter 14, you only have three Master Seals to work with - nearly half of all the Master Seals you can possibly acquire are in fact done so right before the penultimate chapter with all the mamkutes. So a huge pfffft to your 'most'. And your 'godly' too - top tiers can still be picked off in the final. I personally value Gato and even Riff for what they can do there over Marth as a close combat unit even if he caps his speed.

Because endgame is all that matters, mirite?

Also, Nagi > Gato.

Everybody and their mother can use the warp staff, it's no use to Riff.

Marth has earlygame utility due to forged rapier, and really, your only argument is "Marth isn't as good as the top tiers, lawl". There's no way in hell Marth is even be compared to the fail that is Lyn.

Furthermore, Catria, top tier? Why? The cavs are squeezing out huge level leads on her. If she's going to be in top she's going to have to actually compete with the units there.

Edited by Sweet Tooth

Because endgame is all that matters, mirite?

You're saying it, not me. As if Marth's routing is worthy of top tier before Katua joins........

Also, Nagi > Gato.

You not only have to reserve a chapter slot for Chiki, you have to waste that further by getting her killed. Nagi doesn't matter.

If she's going to be in top she's going to have to actually compete with the units there.

Says who? She doesn't even have to compete with them. She just has to outdo Marth on both fronts of the combat spectrum, which isn't hard.

Edited by Former Guest

Says who?
Yes, in top tier. Forget any other placement.

Says you.

which isn't hard.

You ever going to give a reason why it's so easy to outdo Marth or are you going to keep shooting off "zomg Marth not top tier, Marth sucks lawl!" Being high tier is pretty god damned good. Even if it's near the bottom of high; You have yet to refute Marth's actual placement, all you've done is prove Catria>Him. Catria>A good deal of people. So?

Edited by Sweet Tooth

You're saying it, not me. As if Marth's routing is worthy of top tier before Katua joins........

You not only have to reserve a chapter slot for Chiki, you have to waste that further by getting her killed. Nagi doesn't matter.

If she's going to be in top she's going to have to actually compete with the units there.

Says who? She doesn't even have to compete with them. She just has to outdo Marth on both fronts of the combat spectrum, which isn't hard.

Nagi contributes to a One turn win strategy for the final chapter. That > Gato. Plus, you can...y'know, bring Chiki back to life. Aum Staff. It's not like it'll get used otherwise. <_<.

Waste a chapter? Chiki is amazingly easy to kill. And who cares if we have to kill her? Nagi's far better, Chiki's too fragile.

You're an idiot. A wasted slot is a wasted slot regardless of when into the chapter a unit is purposefully killed - the sooner the worse, you have essentially lost one that could have been filled by someone better off.

Nagi joins at the start of the final chapter looking like this transformed: 32/18/2/19/18/10/21/21. Start getting used to displayed hit on her in the 80s-90s.

She gets killed in one round by fire dragons on either phase while requiring the whole remaining half of her levels to start killing them in one hit reliably and ~half of those levels in turn to avoid being one-rounded. <_<

She'll never OHKO demon dragons reliably on the other hand, and she'll never be able to double attack them either, while they start off consistently killing her in two rounds. <_<

55-56/18-19/1/19-20/21-22/0/12-13/5-6

Heroes are killing her in about one to three rounds depending on whether or not they can DA her, while she needs three charges of dragonstone. <_<

55-56/20/1/18-19/18-19/0/12-13/8-9

Her offense against paladins is going to be a similar story for the most part. Except these guys not only like to carry weapons that happen to be effective against mamkutes, they'll always be two-rounding her without some levelling unless they have javelins. <_<

etc.

41/19/0/14/21/27/13/0

Marth alone, a forced unit with serious 1-2 range weapon woes, has better durability on average just against the enemies you'd think Nagi would excel at killing, what with her effective 72 base attack. Even depriving him of his support partners in range and feeding Nagi a level or rather an absurdly generous five into the chapter while offering her her only support (Marth), fire dragons have displayed hit in the mid-70s on both of them and can still one-round. Call the press, after a levelling hassle that should be self-explanatory and unnecessarily favoring her supportwise she can tie. <_<

etc.

Base defense and resistance in the 20s plus a divine dragonstone doesn't mean that this restricted-to-melee character can start bottlenecking, or that it has very good offense/durability at all. Why do I want to go out of my way for this character? Because we can warp it so it can have one single-digit % chance at one-shotting Medeus with a critical? Good as dead and a lost slot if that doesn't work out. Marth is already forced, also mediocre in the final otherwise - even with capped speed - and still conveniencing the team and the player more. Nagi serves no other purpose in her single chapter of existence but attacking up close and must take counters unless I'm gravely hurting the offense of someone else taking them for her so she can start levelling up and eventually accounting for her initial failure......maybe.

I really shouldn't have to be pulling numbers from my game - it's no wonder you suck at debating and can't be trusted with tierlisting Shadow Dragon, or likely any other FE. I don't have to use Nagi or go to chapter 24 gaiden to have a perfectly understanding logical handle on how she's the inferior forced final chapter unit from square one while you blather.

Edited by Former Guest

You're an idiot. A wasted slot is a wasted slot regardless of when into the chapter a unit is purposefully killed - the sooner the worse, you have essentially lost one that could have been filled by someone better off.

Nagi joins at the start of the final chapter looking like this transformed: 32/18/2/19/18/10/21/21. Start getting used to displayed hit on her in the 80s-90s.

<more stuff etc. etc.>

I don't understand how Nagi's performance in the final chapter has anything to do with anything. Do tell, preferably without the caustic commentary. AFAIK Nagi's above Gotoh right now because of the "sacrifice Nagi and 1-turn the final chapter" strategy, which means that the extensive comparisons to other enemy units... really didn't matter.

Edited by dondon151

I'm not a huge fan of Eliwood. In a three strikes he's out fashion.

He's not all that useful in combat, even if Lyn is a bit flimsy and Hector is a bit slow. Both with proper leveling are really useful. And Promoted Lyn gains range while Promoted Hector gains being pretty close to untouchable. Eliwood seems to suffer from being slow AND flimsy. I rarely let Eliwood touch combat with anything, he's too easy to slaughter if he's not using his Prf weapons.

And the final nail in the coffin is Hector and Lyn are prettier than he is.

Now, I've not played most of the earlier games, so I ignored them, although most of them are fairly pretty. Not sure how useful they are though. My favorite Lord is probably Hector or Ike. And Elincia gets points for being REALLY pretty (even if her usefulness isn't that high, she isn't Micaiah fail).

Please explain why

Like I need to since it's already apparent. But if you don't have the brains to figure out why he isn't a lord: He's not the main character of the Fail Brigade and doesn't command it at all.

Elincia deserves that title more than Sothe because she actually commands two chapters in the whole game, not to mention that she's the queen of Crimea and Sothe isn't a noble at all.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

Agreed. If you look at the endgame split-up she AND Tibarn are given the 'you lose if you die' standing a and both are Kingdom leading royals in their own right.

Ike is not a royal by birthright, but he is kinda of hero to all people but the kingdom where...

Micaiah is hero to the people and savior of all things.

Elincia could be considered a Lord from FE9 as well from her two chapters late game. She is the one following the 'standard' Fire Emblem sequence of events. You know the, 'my kingdom is attacked, my family killed, I'm on the run gathering allies to retake my throne' thing.