• Eirika
    • Ephraim
    • Ike (PoR)
    • Micaiah
    • Ike (RD)
    • Sigurd
    • Alm
    • Celica

I don't understand how Nagi's performance in the final chapter has anything to do with anything. Do tell, preferably without the caustic commentary. AFAIK Nagi's above Gotoh right now because of the "sacrifice Nagi and 1-turn the final chapter" strategy, which means that the extensive comparisons to other enemy units... really didn't matter.

It's generally best to ignore and not bother with a massive egomaniac like Former Guest.

Elincia could be considered a Lord from FE9 as well from her two chapters late game. She is the one following the 'standard' Fire Emblem sequence of events. You know the, 'my kingdom is attacked, my family killed, I'm on the run gathering allies to retake my throne' thing.

By Lord, I think it means the starting characters only and the ones who share that class name.

Too lazy to think of exceptions.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too lazy to think of exceptions.

There aren't any as far as I know except FE10 where nobody gets Lord as a class (Micaiah is Light Mage - Light Sage - Shaman, Ike is Hero - Vanguard). All the starting heroes start with or end up with "Lord" as their class.

However being "Princess Crimea" Class is a pretty good class to be a Lord.

Yes, I know she isn't, but she's pretty and I'd like her to be one.

Edited by Rakath

She gets killed in one round by fire dragons on either phase while requiring the whole remaining half of her levels to start killing them in one hit reliably and ~half of those levels in turn to avoid being one-rounded. dry.gif

She'll never OHKO demon dragons reliably on the other hand, and she'll never be able to double attack them either, while they start off consistently killing her in two rounds. dry.gif

Then I guess we're not missing much by using her as cannon fodder to help Marth pwn Medeus, eh?

Because we can warp it so it can have one single-digit % chance at one-shotting Medeus with a critical?

except it's not single digit crit, unless Marth has lower than 6 str for god knows what reason

it's double digit hit. hit in like the 70s. with a 2 RN system.

Oh yeah, and you can even just kill Chiki when she's red. And you're not even wasting a slot on her: Just letting her deal a ton of damage without any regards for her life. The same you would with any other generic.

....So, how is Gato any good when we can just beat the damn thing with Nagi in one turn?

Edited by Sweet Tooth

Talking from experience all my lords have been pretty good except Micciah being the only one I've never experienced anything more then average from.

Sigurd and Celice are really good... Sigurd is the freaking man. While Celice is even better but eh I just don't care for him nearly as much as he's father.

Leaf is my home boy, he starts off a little shaky but I feel that once you get to chapter 4 or 5 he starts holding his own and keeps getting better but then again I abused the hell outta the scrolls but hey why not take advantage of something the game gives you eh?

Roy... he's never been bad for me but he's just a boring character in my opinion, also his battle sprite was just fugly I thought.

Eliwood is one of my favorites something about Blazing sword as a whole was just soo magical for me when I first played it. The only thing that could made him more bad ass was if they had made him a spear user instead. it would have given a very good balance between the three lords.

Lyn... she's a decent character, and kinda cute but her fan boys ruined her for me.

Hector is a badass though I wasn't the most found of tanks when I played so I didn't really care for him all that much, but he's a just a cool dude.

Ephraim, he's a B.A.M.F shallow character yeah but he kicked major ass... if he had Ike like caps he'd probably be one of the best lords ever.

Eirika... eh cute but boring.... IS isnt good at making female lords

Ike... when I thought IS couldn't make another really cool lord they made Ike and he's just awesome, especially in PoR... he stays true to himself and doesn't go for the girl just cause she's there.

Micciah... bleh cute and interesting for part 1 and then she just becomes dumb later in the game. Also as a unit just annoying... a complete glass cannon which is usually not bad since that what swordmasters are like but she can't dodge for anything....

m

Probably to troll. Same reason for Sigurd and Hector votes, I imagine.

You're wrong on the Hector account in one case. :|

That's right, I don't like him; dude's in serious need of anger management classes, and, to be blunt, he's a jock, which I also dislike. I don't pay attention to stats in the slightest bit, so I don't care if he's "top tier" or whatever you kids call it these days.

Don't like Lyn either. She's every generic anime girl with a sword ever, and about as original as the content in an episode of Family Guy.

In fact, Eliwood's my favorite Lord character in the series.

Edited by The Blind Archer

Lyn.

Reasoning: I have a brain/have played HHM.

Indeed. I love you Janet. <3

Not regarding FE10 Lords because I haven't played it. But anyways, Lyn is probably the worst Lord. She's promoting ridiculously late at least half the time, costs an enormous amount of Funds, and her supports don't benefit her terrible durability. <_<

You're wrong on the Hector account in one case. :|

That's right, I don't like him; dude's in serious need of anger management classes, and, to be blunt, he's a jock, which I also dislike. I don't pay attention to stats in the slightest bit, so I don't care if he's "top tier" or whatever you kids call it these days.

Wuhwuhwuhwuh? It did say Worst Lord, not Least Favorite. :P Plus, I mean, what's wrong with being a jock? :D

But yeah, I also prefer Eliwood over Hector and Lyn.

Lyn does suck in HHM mode or on a ranked playthrough. But are you telling me that after how many years since this game first released that her army of fanboys is still around? Most of you act like you just got flamed by one of them a few moments ago.

I highly doubt that. I signed onto gamefaqs when fe7 first released. I didn't spend much time in the forums then so I missed most of the flaming and all that jazz. But when I came back and I started posting a few years later before RD released they seemed to be much more sane. There still was a few fanboys here and there. But there is always fanboys for each board. If anything it seemed like Guy finally had more fans than Lyn and people had accepted that he had better supports and stats and why he should be as high as he was on the tier list. There was still arguments between the fanboys and the tier debaters about her placement but it was easily ignorable.

Forgive me if I'm wrong and the GREAT AND MIGHTY LYN DEFENSE FORCE is on some other site but I am presuming it would be on gamefaqs since it's the most popular site and most fanboys tend to hang out in the popular sites like sheep.

Even in this topic anybody who was defending her said pretty much this "She isn't that bad.". I think I have only seen one crazy Lyn fanboy on this entire site so far. I bet there have been many trolls on this site who have argued with you all about lyn and why she is the GREATEST UNIT EVA! But my question is why are you getting so hung up on it? I just ignore topics with idiots in them and only post in the sane ones. Is it that hard to ignore one single fanboy? Unless I am in a mood for trolling some noob or exceptionally bored I most often don't even bother reading what they say.

The point of this post though is... Are you still all gonna be complaining about the CRAZY LYN FANBOYS a few years from now? If so I suggest you look in the mirror.

Edit: This post is directed at no single individual rather an entire group. And they know who they are.

Edited by Lancelot

Edit: This post is directed at no single individual rather an entire group. And they know who they are.
There was only one person that even mentioned fanboys in this entire thread, and I even checked.

Oh, and there's my sig, but even that has more to do with Lyn's stats and people's general misjudging of her abilities.

There was only one person that even mentioned fanboys in this entire thread, and I even checked.

Oh, and there's my sig, but even that has more to do with Lyn's stats and people's general misjudging of her abilities.

Well shit damn. I just counted myself. Only Saaji said fanboy is the reason and the other said because they were SMARMY! Which is obviously a reference to the fanboys... or it could mean that they only use the top tier characters. Which is impossible since nobody only uses the top tiers. Thus janisarry was referring to the fanboys.

But because I know how stupid and arrogant people are I bet most of the people who voted lyn and claimed how horrible she is have probably never even done a Hector Hard Mode ranked run. Thus they were probably using it as an excuse to cover for there anti-fanboyism.

Hell look at how Reikken the godfather of the FE7 HHM ranked tier list said just a few days ago that he was finally gonna attempt an S rank run which he had never completed till now. If reikken hasn't even done it yet then I doubt many of her haters in this topic who claim she destroys rankings must not have done it either.

Edited by Lancelot

Well, I never attempted a HHM ranked run, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that she doesn't always dodge reliably and can't take more than two hits. I had to restart my HHM playthrough just to give her the Angelic Robe because I was tired of her being nearly unusable. Not to mention she's FORCED to join you on many chapters, taking up a character slot as well which is highly annoying.

Though I have never heard claims that she destroys rankings (maybe I haven't visited the FE7 board enough, but during my visits to the tier list topic I have not heard this. And even then, the tier list is going to stray away from rankings as a basis anyway).

Plus, there are reasons outside of stats as to why people don't like her. She's a blatant Mary Sue that gets much praise and also makes sure to remind you how awesome you are at the game.

Edited by Chainey

Well, I never attempted a HHM ranked run, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that she doesn't always dodge reliably and can't take more than two hits. I had to restart my HHM playthrough just to give her the Angelic Robe because I was tired of her being nearly unusable. Not to mention she's FORCED to join you on many chapters, taking up a character slot as well which is highly annoying.

Though I have never heard claims that she destroys rankings.

Plus, there are reasons outside of stats as to why people don't like her. She's a blatant Mary Sue that gets much praise and also makes sure to remind you how awesome you are at the game.

Yea. But what other lord isn't a massive cliche? I never had problems on hhm mode with her probably because I play massively different from you. I only use about 3-4 characters in lyn's mode thus she comes always high leveled and once I reach 20 aside from building supports I don't let her fight again until promotion. And usually I reach level 20 early like before the end of dread isle. PEMN I know but this is more like a strategy I have been using since I first played the game. Haven't had any problems with her thanks to it.

She does destroy rankings though thanks to her reliance on the mani katti and a seraph robe.

Mani Katti is free, and the Angelic Robe doesn't even affect HHM ranks (I don't think).

Yea. But what other lord isn't a massive cliche? I never had problems on hhm mode with her probably because I play massively different from you. I only use about 3-4 characters in lyn's mode thus she comes always high leveled and once I reach 20 aside from building supports I don't let her fight again until promotion. And usually I reach level 20 early like before the end of dread isle. PEMN I know but this is more like a strategy I have been using since I first played the game. Haven't had any problems with her thanks to it.
See, power leveling and certain strategies can make any character good because the game isn't meant for power leveling, but tier lists try to take account use of ALL characters, not just using the best. It tries not to assume power leveling since that defeats the point of tiering characters. Edited by Chainey

Mani Katti is free, and the Angelic Robe doesn't even affect HHM ranks (I don't think).

See, power leveling and certain strategies can make any character good because the game isn't meant for power leveling, but tier lists try to take account use of ALL characters, not just using the best. It tries not to assume power leveling since that defeats the point of tiering characters.

It hurts your funds ranking big time. Pretty much you wanna use iron's only and save up all your special weapons aside from the free ones. I was wrong about the lyn's stupid sword.

The problem with that though is your not taking away experience from other units since there not in use. If they were in use though in another small deployment playthrough they would gain an equal amount of experience as the unit in the first playthrough.

Your increasing the amount of experience distributed among the team by using a smaller number of units. Which makes the beginning of the game more difficult but lessens the difficulty late game immensely. Some units don't need abuse like pent to be great thus they deserve to be higher tier not to mention they require less resources like experience as well unlike lyn. Not to mention because he comes so high leveled by using him you increase the experience pool for the rest of the units being used since he doesn't need as much.

Edited by Lancelot

If I'm going to decrease the size of my forces, I could just as easily concentrate on units like Sain, Kent, etc... This strategy applies to all applicable units, and better units will still be better.

When we call Lyn a bad unit, it's because she has glaring flaws without special treatment. Good units usually don't need special treatment, but still benefit from being given some if you choose. We also judge units based on out-of-box performance and what they can do for the player, not what the player can do for them.

It hurts your funds ranking big time. Pretty much you wanna use iron's only and save up all your special weapons aside from the free ones. I was wrong about the lyn's stupid sword.
The Angelic Robe in Lyn's mode? I think it would only hurt your Lyn's mode funds rank. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I believe tier lists are likely going to be less about ranks anyway. This is actually helping Lyn's case.

Edited by Chainey