• Ike (RD)
    • Sigurd
    • Alm
    • Celica

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, people don't give Micaiah enough credit. Her durability may suck, but so does the durability of a good number of others on her team (Edward, Leonardo, Ilyana, etc.). However, she packs a major punch with Thani (The strongest Light magic until part 4) and awesome Magic (80% growth, Wtf). She one-shots plenty of enemies in part 1 since there are a lot of armored/mounted units. Once she gets Thani, she's the best boss fighter until 1-E (all are either mounted/armored, Magic users, or don't move), she has higher skill capacity than any other first tier unit, allowing her to use Paragon/Wrath/etc., and she has Sacrifice to help keep her team alive and train herself with her very own experience pool.

Then in part 3, she's one of two possible staff users, and God knows we need them here when almost everyone is being 1-2 rounded and even our EarthxEarth supporters aren't invincible yet.

Her usefulness decreases in part 4, but the staff work is still very nice and there are still a lot of mounted units in 4-E for her to go to work on.

Conclusion: Micaiah is far from the worst lord in the series.

Meh. That's really what Micaiah is. As you've said, she's great against things that she can OMGWTF Thani rape, or anything that's REALLY fucking slow. But she can't double pretty much anything, EVER, and has worse durability then most of the other frail as hell DBers. She does have Sacrifice though. But in the end she really ends up as being kind of a neutral. She's not great, but yeah, I don't think she's the worst lord either.

LYN FOR WORST LORD!

Lyn is pretty crappy. poor defenses on a melee unit is pretty lulzy

Micaiah > many others. Yes, she gets doubled or OHK'd or both, but she's ranged, so she doesn't need to get attacked, and Thani h4xes. And she gets staves after she promotes, and then she never has to attack again. But it's useful for her to do so sometimes.

Edited by Reikken

I voted for Lyn.

Leaf isn't bad. By the time I got the King Sword, my Leaf had an A in Swords. Since Leaf is always on site, I find him the perfect choice to give the King Sword too. And, he supports alot of people. He also doesn't fatigue. He gets the Light Sword.

Leaf isn't bad.

That's telling me she's not a front liner.

But she is a melee unit. Melee unit is usually front liner? Or else how are you going to use her? Finishing move only?

Obviously this is between Leaf, Lyn and Roy...would be Micaiah but I agree with Reikken.

Lyn has a relatively good earlygame, and probably the best Prf weapon out of the three, as well as the best promo situation. So I would say she is out. Leaf has 1-2 range with Light Sword which is crucial, and while his stats are nothing to write home about, he helps the team by other means, and in a game where scrolls exist, one could argue those are more important. Think no fatigue, supporting 28923 people, having a movement star, not using a promo item (Roy's game, promo items are available much earlier, making that a lesser pro for him than for Leaf).

Roy only has 2 supports, though they're among the best in the game despite being B's. He has a win endgame compared to Leaf's okay one, I guess, but he never has 1-2 range before that other than with the rather lame Light Brand.

Gonna have to go with Roy, but tbh none of the lords are REALLY bad.

Of course, her speed helps her out there.

You can't be sure that she will dodge everything. She is pretty frail and hardly can kill anything...unless she crits. As much as I love crits, I don't want to rely on it 24/7. : <

Roy is the shittiest lord. Late promotion, small movement, and weak stats all-round. At least even Micaiah had her uses (boss killer, healer).

Edited by Lachesis

Am I the only one who thinks Lyn is terribly underrated over here?

hell no. I'm with you

Even when Micaiah has capped everything she still sucks.

even speed?

Roy isn't that bad. His brokenly fast supports make him fairly good early on. He'll probably have +4 atk and +20 avo (and +15 hit/crit) by chapter 7. 45 turns to B, and chapters are longish. Then starting with ch 8x, there are axes everywhere for him to feast upon for several chapters.

You can't be sure that she will dodge everything. She is pretty frail and hardly can kill anything...unless she crits. As much as I love crits, I don't want to rely on it 24/7. : <

I didn't say she'd dodge, my point was that she'd hardly ever have problems doubling enemies.

I didn't say she'd dodge, my point was that she'd hardly ever have problems doubling enemies.

Even with doubling she hardly can kill unless she crits. And as I said before, I don't want to rely on crits 24/7. : <

But this is my opinion only.

I think Lyn is still the worst Lord really, even considering Roy. If you think about it, Roy is super duper cool until he caps out his level, and then pretty bad until Promotion, when he starts getting better. Then he uses Sword of Seals and he becomes awesome! If only it had more uses...

Lyn on the other hand really doesn't have a period of awesome ANYWHERE. And its not like she has some other use that makes her way better like Micaiah does or anything, either.