1. 1. Shield?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Alternate weapon?

• Swords
    • Axes
    • Bows

What style do you like best?

I like shields for the generic ones but not for the others.

As for weapons I always felt swords suited them best.

Edited by Hibari

I don't have any preference on whether or not they have shields. When it comes to weapon selection, generals were definitely at their best in Thracia where they could use all four weapon types (they could do the same in Genealogy, but poor mobility kills them). For the modern games, I'd say axe wielding generals were the best.

They really don't need shields IMO. They've got so much armor anyway. However I'd prefer it if they removed their chest armor and use it as a shield every time they atack like in the GBA FE's. It's really funny IMO.

Axes should be their secondary weapon, because they never double with swords, so give them some additional power.

I say that axe wielding generals are the best.

I like the shields, too.

EDIT: I mean the shields from RD. The Knight animation from the GBA FEs is cool too.

Edited by Camtech075

I go with axes for the alternate weapon since they're good in FE, you know?

And as for shields, FE4 has turned me against it. Why must the RNG be so cruel in this respect? And besides, since you rarely have playable armor knights that are good, then Shield becomes that much more annoying to deal with, just like fucking Torhammer.

I'm a huge fan of the FE9 Generals. Not because they're so awesome or something, but because their animation when using a sword is so incredibly laughable :lol:

But in all seriousness, I don't care much about Knights and Generals. There are some good ones out there, such as Oswin and FE9 Brom, but low movement is never a good thing and really hurts a unit's utility.

Shields: Not sure

Weapon: Axes! <3

But I've never cared much about knights, I prefer classes with better mobility. The only exceptions are maybe Oswin and Gatrie.

Edited by Marorii