74 members have voted

1. 1. Which one(s)?

• Titania
    • Oscar
    • Kieran
    • Astrid
    • Geoffrey
    • Makalov

Girls have fallen for worse. Then again....

And...."a waste of a good woman" sounds awfully....I can't describe it....

I get what you're saying, Fireman. To be honest, though, I don't recall using any Paladins much. I had this thing about mounted units indoors, stupid I know. I'd have to say that Oscar, Titania and Geoffrey were my favorites, though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always had the most luck with Oscar. Although Astrid is fun to level up and Kieran is a good unit. As for Makalov...haha, his supports are amusing enough to make him worth using for me. I guess the only two that I really don't like much are Geoffrey and Titania. One you get too late and the other is an experience hog.

I use Oscar and Keiran. The classic green and red social knight combo.

My favorite is Oscar because you get him straight from the start, he can perform the triangle and is an excellent paladin. 2nd is Keiran, because like Oscar he is an excellent paladin, and his axes are a godsend. Although Oscar was my main paladin and I used Keiran less and less as I got through the game.

I've never used Makalov, Astrid, Titania and Geoffery. Makalov for obvious reasons, Titania because she's Jeigan's sister, Geoffery because he's a not very good latecoming pre-promote. I never used Astrid because I already had Oscar and Keiran, but I am hearing good things about here so I may use her next time.

Astrid is pretty kick-ass. Give her Axes and she'll be whooping things in no time.

Too bad she got nerfed in FE10...

But Makalov I think I've used once, and he had horrid accuracy.

Oscar just whoops all around. He always grows great somehow.

I like Kieran but he's just got crappy crappy defense and resistance late game.

I loved Astrid on my first playthrough, but on Hard I just couldn't get her leveled to make her useful. Too dangerous for everyone on hard so I didn't risk it. I didn't want to deal with the frustration of keeping her alive. It took me enough tries to get her recruited without getting wasted.

Geoffrey is pretty good too, despite him coming late. I love that he comes with a Brave Lance too - Brave weapons = awesomeness

Oscar just whoops all around. He always grows great somehow.

I like Kieran but he's just got crappy crappy defense and resistance late game.

I loved Astrid on my first playthrough, but on Hard I just couldn't get her leveled to make her useful. Too dangerous for everyone on hard so I didn't risk it. I didn't want to deal with the frustration of keeping her alive. It took me enough tries to get her recruited without getting wasted.

Geoffrey is pretty good too, despite him coming late. I love that he comes with a Brave Lance too - Brave weapons = awesomeness

Then you take his brave weapon and give it to some one good. Edited by Sir Canas

I used Oscar on my first playthrough, though I was reluctant because before Path of Radiance, I would usually turn away from Cavaliers, despite their awesome class. Oscar was amazing, his Strength lags a little compared to the rest of his stats, but they ended up catching up. His high Skill = Sol activating here and there, so I usually sent him out in the middle of the battlefield.

Titania was used on my second playthrough, despite being a prepromote, but with a little bonus experience abuse (Two hours total fixing her stats, hahaha.) she was pretty awesome, especially with a forged axe. I managed to have her cap Strength, Speed, Skill and I believe defense. Only her HP was low compared to the rest of her stats, but that's expected when you're a prepromote with a base of 30ish hp.

Edited by Wil

I always end up dumping Oscar for some reason. I have used Astrid before and she reached 20/19 on my last playthrough. I didn't use on the playthrough I'm doing now because... well, I do not intend to use any Paladins in RD so it's pretty much wasted Exp I want to use on my other units.

Lets see here..

I probably use Oscar/Astrid the most. Oscar since he's just so reliable, can't get nerfed easily, and pwns with bows. Plus you get him early on when I don't use ANYBODY.

Astrid.. hm, she comes slightly later, but not too late - once when she's lvl 15 or so, it's game over for the enemies. She's my mage-hunter since her res is stellar.

Titania ... is ok, but she lags behind in a bunch of stats. Not quite the powerhouse as the others.

Malacov - I used him once, but never really liked him. I use too many swords already, and his accuracy was beyond horrible.

Geoffery is good (especially with paragon) if you need a instant-good unit towards the end, but Oscar/Astrid can be better given some training.

I think that Titania is good for beginners, who play the game for the first time in their lives and have no experinces of the game. (Like me, at my first time.) She's a goddess in the beginning, just like Sothe in RD.

• 4 weeks later...

Astrid is BY FAR my best unit in FE9. I'm on my first playthrough which is where I really develop strong attachments to pwnsauce characters, too.

She's so easy to level up. As long as she does a single pip of damage to guys in the first few stages she joins, she'll be rolling in high levels in just a couple maps and her stat gains are amazing.

That said, I have a tendency to get totally stat screwed with every paladin every time in every FE game ever cept for 10.

Astrid, Oscar and Kieran.

Oscar comes in the first chapter so he has time to grow and he has great stats. Kieran because he also has great stats but he comes in a bit later. Astrid because she has paragon so training her ain't that bad and when she is trained she owns. Makalov... I never used him and I don't feel like using him but I always thought that a sword knight would be awesome (and he looks drunk) ... Titania... is a prepromote which I dislike. Geoffrey... I just don't like pre promotes.

My favourite Paladin is Makalov. Great hair, nice armour, and epic averages. What's not to love? <3

Though Titania is easily the best Paladin, followed by Oscar and Kieran. Regardless, all of them, sans Geoffrey are awesome and should be used. ^_^

My favourite Paladin is Makalov. Great hair, nice armour, and epic averages. What's not to love? <3

Though Titania is easily the best Paladin, followed by Oscar and Kieran. Regardless, all of them, sans Geoffrey are awesome and should be used. ^_^

You don't wanna go there....

Well, I did use Makalov, once, and he turned out quite powerful and capped, strenght, speed and defense. His skill is pretty awful.

Oscar is the best character in FE9... Here are my opinions on the Paladins.

Oscar: Sex on bread

Kieran: Awesome

Titania: Also awesome

Makalov: Pwnsome hair

Astrid: Sweet

Geoffrey: Pretty good

I disagree with Oscar being the best. Titania is destroying him everywhere until mid-promotion, where Oscar than beats her. He's not immortal until Chapter 21 or so, while Titania is doing awesome all before that.

But it's extremely close.