Your problems with Christians

Janissary

I've gots a few problems with christianity, such as their God is all powerful and do anything, yet he needs money. Then you've got prayer. You pray to your god for something and when it doesn't happen your only response is "Well I guess it's God's will". Well how to you think god feels about all this praying? And most of it takes place on sunday, his day off. And finally, look at the divine plan- his ultimate plan or whatever. You pray, you fuck up the plan. Why not just go straight to "oh well I guess it's his will and thy will be done" or whatever you christians call it.

Along with all that bitching and moaning I've another problem- this time with religion in general- the asshole who comes around to my house every two days and attempts to get donations for a CHURCH IN AFRICA. Finally, I'm agnostic therefore it seems to warrant every God fearing person with a two dollar prayer book to come around and try to convert me to thier faith.

Also this is just in my area, when they try to get the whole fucking COUNTRY to belive in invisible sky men, well this is the time I like to let my rifle do the talking. Please christians, keep you religion to yourself, and don't fuck with the goverment, because i swear on whatever god there is up their, I will fucking kill you if you fuck the goverment. You've allready got sports, the media, and most of TV. Just leave the goverment alone. Actually now that I think about this it goes for all religions. Oh well I gotta go and kill another evangelist for the church of george.

You Christians? Stop insulting people over a religion.

People dislike Christians because:

-Most are not OPEN MINDED about ANYTHING. They think what they say is law, and all its ever going to be.

-During nearly every debate, Christianity is brought up, even when there is no need for it.

-Christians don't believe someone when they speak of "logic."

Third one is the one that goes on everywhere. Atheists, Agnostics, etc., if Christians aren't listening to your LOGIC, then stop talking to them. Obviously they never will.

-------

There are always exceptions though. :D

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys do realize that at least 70% of the Christian community, at least in this country, aren't crazy extremists who won't listen to any type of logic, right? You make it seem like every Christian goes around to every person they know trying to "expel the devil", screaming "SCIENCE IS WRONG".

Not every Christian is Loki.

This is gonna be fun. What is my problem with Christians? Well, I don't have many, or any. I don't exactly like the beliefs of common Christians, such as homophobia, or things of that nature, but I'm a Christian/Deist/what-the-fuck-ever. Stereotypical Christians can sometimes be annoying, but only some. Some people have to realize that just because a percentage of Christians are jerks, not all are.

What I find interesting is that for the vast majority of atheists, there's probably a Christian who's smarter than you are.

That does not excuse them from holding a belief that if you look at from a logic and sensible approach, makes little to no sense. If anything, it makes them almost hypocritical.

Edited by Is this the Revolution?

That does not excuse them from holding a belief that if you look at from a logic and sensible approach, makes little to no sense. If anything, it makes them almost hypocritical.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're basically saying that you think Christianity in general is stupid, and those who are Christians are idiots.

lol?

Once again, not every Christian is Loki and is obsessive over their religion and thinks that science is the devil.

I may just be a bad Christian (though that should be pretty obvious to me considering how I don't attend mass, I don't pray normally, etc., etc.), but I do believe in theories over certain groundless claims in the Bible. I know that scientific theories backed by evidence are more likely to be correct than what's in the Bible.

You're generalizing.

Edited by Julius

Once again, not every Christian is Loki and is obsessive over their religion and thinks that science is the devil.

I may just be a bad Christian (though that should be pretty obvious to me considering how I don't attend mass, I don't pray normally, etc., etc.), but I do believe in theories over certain groundless claims in the Bible. I know that scientific theories backed by evidence are more likely to be correct than what's in the Bible.

You're generalizing.

I gave one example. The very idea of thinking some all-powerful being created everything is completely retarded in my opinion.

It's possible, though. :/ I know that it's also possible for something stupid like giant alien gerbals to have created the world, but still.

That still doesn't make Shuuda's point invalid. They are stupid.

For the most part, they are hypocritical. The discussion of the commandments in the video I posted in the previous page is one example why.

Edited by Levin

It's possible, though. :/ I know that it's also possible for something stupid like giant alien gerbals to have created the world, but still.

It's great, isn't it? I can say that I created the universe before I was born and none of you can prove me wrong.

The only ignorance I have seen in this entire topic has been from one member, so I think we're good so far.

That still doesn't say why Christians are not stupid.

Stupidity is defined as lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind. I fail to see how all Christians are stupid based on that description. I'm not saying that some aren't. That'd be ludicrous. In just about any group of people in any religion, race, or anything, there's going to be those who're less intelligent than others. That's a fact.

I've already provided an example (using myself) of a Christian who is not ignorant of science in general. Just give me some solid proof of something, and I'll more than likely believe you. Until I'm given said evidence about, say, what happens after death, though, I'll still hold on to the hope that there is a Heaven and there is a Hell.

It's great, isn't it? I can say that I created the universe before I was born and none of you can prove me wrong.

I'm sure you'd garner 10,000 loopy followers if you were to start a religion based on that. Heh.

The only ignorance I have seen in this entire topic has been from one member, so I think we're good so far.

Like you actually need to pretend to hide who it is. It's obvious.

Edited by Julius

Stupidity is defined as lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind. I fail to see how all Christians are stupid based on that description. I'm not saying that some aren't. That'd be ludicrous. In just about any group of people in any religion, race, or anything, there's going to be those who're less intelligent than others. That's a fact.

I've already provided an example (using myself) of a Christian who is not ignorant of science in general. Just give me some solid proof of something, and I'll more than likely believe you. Until I'm given said evidence about, say, what happens after death, though, I'll still hold on to the hope that there is a Heaven and there is a Hell.

You believe the stuff in the bible?

Yes, all Christians are stupid in a way.

LOLS I DUN CARE IF IT BEEN OBSERVED IN NATUR MINE BOOKSAY ITS WRONG

Worthless people.

This is why you militant atheist guys tend to be kind of exasperating. Le sigh.