Epic Failures, Epic Wins: Fire Emblem 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fail:

For the first time ever, Eirika decides to fail me. >____<

Well, not completely (and SKL and SPD are pretty win since they capped early)

HP: 30(+.7)

STR: 12 (+.4)

SKL: 20 (She caps this half the time anyway.)

SPD: 20 (Same here)

LUK: 15 (-1.4)

DEF: 5 (-3.7) WTF WOMAN. That's 10 levels less than what she should have.

RES: 8 (+1.3)

Now, my current run involves heavy Eirika use, and she's stuck with 7 DEF (from the C5 Dracoshield) until C16. I miss my 14 DEF 20/- Eirika. SHE was epic.

• 1 month later...

More Epic Lulz(This is mostly based on my endgame team, with some Eirika mode lulz, as well):

-General!Gilliam with 29 strength and 20 speed at 19/20.

-Swordmaster!Joshua with 24(capped)strength at 20/15.

-Dragonmaster!Cornmug with 24 defense at 20/15.

-Bishop!Natasha with 12 defense at 20/17.

-Sage!Lute with 13 defense at 20/14.

-Josh critting Carlyle after missing twice on 56Hit/22Crt(Ch14Eir).

-Gil OHKOing Morva with 15 displayed crit(Ch20Eph).

-10/16/0 Shaman!Ewan with 17Mag/13Skl/15Spd/20Res(Ch15Eir)

Epic Fails:

-The same Gilliam with 15 Skl(5 below his 20/20 average)

-The same Ewan with 25HP(5 below his 10/16/0 average)

Edited by DA125

• 3 weeks later...

My only fail in this game was that I missed Cormag on my first Eirika Mode run because I beat the chapter too quick :S

Everything else I've done pretty much constitutes a win. Specific incidents were all of my Gilliam Solos(3 tower solos, 1 near complete ruins solo before I lost my original cart T_T)

My only fail in this game was that I missed Cormag on my first Eirika Mode run because I beat the chapter too quick :S

If that constitutes an epic fail, make it two. Rosstomped Aais and missed Cormag.

Make that three. This was on my 2nd Eir route, but the first had been ... a long time ago. "Hey, this chapter is goddamn EAS...fuck."

Edited by Furetchen

Pretty much. He appears turn 5 and comes close enough to Eiri on turn 6. And then Seth can go charge Aias after.

Easy enough on any other run, but annoying as hell on my Sethsolo, though. Seth was in charge with protecting Eiri while she recruited Cormag and Amelia became Dragonfood after I took the wings off. Only run I let somebody die (outside of my noob run and FE11 Gaiden runs) since like hell can Seth rescue two people at once.

Pretty much. He appears turn 5 and comes close enough to Eiri on turn 6. And then Seth can go charge Aias after.

Easy enough on any other run, but annoying as hell on my Sethsolo, though. Seth was in charge with protecting Eiri while she recruited Cormag and Amelia became Dragonfood after I took the wings off. Only run I let somebody die (outside of my noob run and FE11 Gaiden runs) since like hell can Seth rescue two people at once.

Was it not possible to recruit her back in her first chapter appearance? Charge with Seth with Eirika trailing.

Eirika would get brutally murdered by the reinforcements out back, being base level and all.

Actually, I managed to get there, set up, and the next turn they retreat. No matter how I do it, it's always like that, so I just gave up and waited until Cormag showed his face.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Fail: Joshua getting a face full of Swordslayer by Aias. I kinda forgot about that guy's Swordslayer.

I did this too recently. And I had gotten some pretty good level-ups in that chapter, too. >_>

At least Vanessa has 15 Strength at Lv17 so far and I don't know how that happened. <3

My epic fails are all Eirika based. First off, she got hit with a 28% chance of hitting and lost like half her hp, then i saw someone else DODGE an attack that had a 27% chance of hitting. >.> 1% means a lot huh? Also, I had her attack Valter because I wanted to know what he'd say to her, and, OF COURSE, she misses, and he crits and kills with a 15% crit. How come MY units never crit with a 15% chance huh? Or at least, nowhere near as much as they SHOULD. T.T Another fail was Marisa, who outclassed Carlyle in every way by the time I got that far, got crit-killed by him as well, when he had like a 53% chance of HITTING. >.< Aaaand I can't remember any epic wins. T_T

Epic Win: Sorta. Neimi got strength blessed (Ephraim route) and ends up one shotting just about everything. (the epic fail, her speed took a hit so she could have the uber strength. Because of that, she got owned by Cormag and his peons in Turning Traitor.)

At least Vanessa has 15 Strength at Lv17 so far and I don't know how that happened. <3

Damn mang, I wish my current Vanessa has that. Her strength is like 11 and shes level 3 Wyvern Knight. D: (I rarely promote in that direction but her defense was going through the roof so i figured what the hell. Her defense is still uber because of the WK growth but i thought her strength would get better with that promotion.)

Edited by Florina

In my current playthrough, Ross is deciding to have an epic win. I wasn't originally going to use him in the long run, but then he decided he would grow strength. Constantly. I know he has a 50% growth, but he hit the first tier cap of 20 as a 10/7 Pirate. That is only two levels later than he'd cap it if he gained strength on every level, or equivalent to an 87% strength growth. His speed is lagging slightly but at this point I don't even care when he's packing enough punch to OHKO anything that's sort of frail in any way.

Damn mang, I wish my current Vanessa has that. Her strength is like 11 and shes level 3 Wyvern Knight. D: (I rarely promote in that direction but her defense was going through the roof so i figured what the hell. Her defense is still uber because of the WK growth but i thought her strength would get better with that promotion.)

Wow. I don't think even any Thany I've used had such a low Strength stat after promotion. D:

And I usually don't promote my PKs to WKs because I love Falcoknights, but I might promote this Vanessa to WK to abuse her uber Strength!

wan86e.png

His skill... D:

Thankfully is luck is doing great... but still

Also for the win, Chapter 6 had pretty much EVERYONE dodging multiple attacks that would have surely killed them And in Colm and Eirika's case, they dodged like 3 in a turn :D

Edited by Mary Sue