Epic Failures, Epic Wins: Fire Emblem 8

One fail. Did chapter 8 with 4 people, killing the boss and everything. Then Erikia got killed, 2 squares away from the throne..........

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Epic Fail:

Chapter 14 Eirika's Route, Druid used a Berserk Staff on Joshua with a 28 Hit and Joshua fell into berserk status. Attacks Seth with Lancereaver and crits him. All because I forgot Joshua was in berserk mode and I let Seth die. (I hate those opposing Berserk Staff users.)

Even MOAR Epic Fail:

Ewan gains no stat increase upon his final level as a Super Pupil.

Fails

Eirika died on prologue after getting hit by 20%s

Ephraim has 100% hit against Tirado (Ch.8 boss). Great Shield goes up and Ephraim dies.

Wins:

Ephraim and Forde getting 4 and 1 perfect levels in 5x in a draft I did once(If anyone cares, my team was Vanessa, Moulder, Colm, Gilliam Forde, and Dozla in that order)

Fails:

Many unlucky crits/ deaths that I wasn't paying attention by.

Eirika got hit by a %4 hit %1 crit O-o(she survived so it's all cool :D)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Win:

Eirika did a total of four attacks in the Prologue. All of them were criticals.

Fail:

Ross did not gain any Spd until 10/8. Worse, I decided to go Super Journeyman this time for a change of pace. Oh god, the slowness... should've stuck with Pirate/Zerker :x

5041cb9c58c8c9a738b63c9bed2c8ec3.png?1342523630

Iron Lute! She only had 2 Draco Shields. Even without them, she's still a crazy +5 in defense.

8a0c582af2c24b5bbc739f4a7026566f.png?1342524192

Ross... +2 HP and down in everything else... including -3 speed.

2810a551cb3a61ae77e8f5a052fc9d15.png?1342523821

Lightning Gilliam! Only one speed wings!

cec716144493340f0ef2075fb5d7a73d.png?1342524456

Seth... only got 1 point of defense!

In my current run, Vanessa has proved that she hates Brigands with a mad passion. On her join chapter, she hit a Brigand on a mountain with a 33% and even crit with a 7% (It was with the Slim Lance, natually). She also crit several other Brigands in chapter 5, which was awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

(incoming 100% truth here, no BS)

-On chapter 8, my gilliam got killed (after completeing the chapter and unlocking all chests and everything) by the last enemy on the level (a mercenary) who hit him with not one, but TWO crits with a 1% chance to crit

-oh, and first time I did ephraim's route I got to chapter 13 with everyone dead except for seth, duessel, gilliam, and ephraim (obviously)

as for epic wins, well... All I got is colm on chapter 6 somehow managing to fend off 3 cavaliers and a soldier while on 2 HP the entire time, got killed by I think a mercenary the turn after though.

-Also, when I retried the chapter 8 after gilliam died to that BS, every levelup I gained had at least 5 stats!!

and fe7 fail:

Geitz with a swordslayer goes to kill Lloyd, the last enemy on the final chapter (excluding nergal and his sage buddies) Goes up and misses with a 97% chance to hit. Lloyd then crits him.

Edited by Fetchystick

Epic Fails:

Failing to recruit Amelia in Eirika Route Chapter 9 by one turn.

Vanessa nearly died three times in my first playthrough. (darn archers)

Joshua was somehow killed by Marisa once.

Epic Wins:

Vanessa dodged four attacks after rescuing Ewan one time. (She made it to safety with 2 hp left.)

Lute becoming the goddess of the RNG.

L'Arachel surviving many attacks after I forgot about her once.

Epic Losses:

- Knoll gets slaughtered same chapter I get him. RESTART CHAPTER!

- Amelia is killed at the hands of Artur when he was on his way to kill the boss. Didn't care much for her anyway, but my Artur is a one-man holy wrecking crew.

Epic Wins:

- Artur slays...

[spoiler=This tag was used for a reason. Major story spoilers ahead!]...Morva, then kills the 2 Draco Zombies in the Black Temple. Afterwards, he frees Lyon from the Demon King. Lastly, he delivers the final blows on Formortiis.

- L'Arachel, as a Valkyrie, defeats a boss (forget which one exactly) when I accidentally place her too close to said boss.

Edited by RupturedThought

• 2 weeks later...

Epic Fails:

- While soloing lagdou with fliers,I had cormag miss a 94% right after glen got hit with 14% and right after that Vanessa gets hit with a 6% stone,forcing me to rescue her with syrene. The rest of my guys are on the other side of the map. She (somehow) survived at 2 HP,then escaped after valter broke a hole in the box of enemies she was surrounded by.

- Cleared out almost an entire floor before a random skeleton with a killer bow walks up and crits my Tana at 15 HP,who I forgot didn't have a fili shield any more.

Epic Win + Fail

- Gilliam misses a skeleton at 91%, then gets hit with 11%. The 1 EXP he gained gave him a perfect level up. (I then went from a facedesk to a state of happinesses that lasted the whole day)

Epic Win:

- On the chapter you get him, I left ross in range of the boss. He then kills him from about 2/3 health.

Epic Win:

Natasha -> Bishop

Vanessa -> Wyvern Knight

RNG did me wonderful favors with the two.. maxing like 4 stats. *o*

Epic Fail:

Moving Rennac up to a space where I didn't know two skull archers were in range in Lagdou Ruins and then dying and restarting all my effort. ):

Epic Win

Natasha - Bishop, ridiculous stats on her. Put all my other light users and healers to shame.

Got 14 Double Endings in one playthrough, the max possible.

Epic Fail

Picked attack instead of talk and Franz ended up murdering Amelia.

Everyone was 3/2 for Supports but Rennac who was stuck at 2/2 since all his other pairings were used for Double Endings. Felt bad for the poor guy, he was only there to get Dozla and L'Arachel to 3/2 since they went full support with each other for Dozla's exclusive ending with L'Arachel.

Edited by Fanfaire

• 2 weeks later...

Epic Fail: I did a hard mode runthrough, and I didn't know plot characters permadied in hard, so when npc l'arachel died in ch.11 Ephraims route, I was confused why she stayed dead.

Epic win: I didn't bring an uber unit to rigwald, and I had franz with a steel sword solo gheb because he was the only who could do damage. Gheb had about a 50% hit and 20% crit. Franz did 5 damage a hit, and did 1 hit. Franz kicked his ass.

Edited by MajorMajora

• 2 weeks later...

My best win is that La'arachel has never disappointed me in any run; I equate her recruitment to shiny green seizure warning.

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE FAIL is that I've never gotten to use Lyon ever. I get through my 3rd run and finally start cutting a swath through CC (I wanted Super Trainees Amelia and Ross). I grind everyone up to 20 promoted, gather enough cash to stat booster everyone (including all secret charas other than Lyon) up to caps, abuse the Swiftsole trick to get everyone +2 MOV, deck out all my charas in my fav loadouts, even pull the Dark Magic Glitch so Tethys could join the fighting (I left her CON alone and save scummed against SPD growth so that she'd be weighed down by Fenrir and unable to 2x atk, thereby avoiding the battle animation hangup). Get through Lagdou the requisite number of times and get Lyon. I loaned the game to a good friend, thinking I needed a break from the game and that there'd be time to max Lyon later. 2 days later my friend returns the game to me because the save imploded, and all my work was gone... Took the cart to GameCrazy the next day and traded it.

On a side note related to fails but not FE8, I once had a Serra in FE7 who I should have benched long before promotion, since she almost completely failed to proc MAG at all... I didn't notice until I promoted her and saw a 5 MAG stat...

Edited by Nyoro~Eevee

• 3 months later...

Epic Fail: In my 4th try of chapter 10 (Eirika), i had killed everyone on the map, had Pablo down at 2 HP and had Neimi go in for the kill to get some EXP. She missed on 90% and he killed her with Divine. I screamed so loud my mom came to my room and asked me what happened.

Another fail was in the Ruins at the end, where a Gorgon got a 2% crit with shadowshot and killed Colm.

Epic Win: On Ephraim's chapter 10, Moulder got mobbed by 3 mercenaries and a pirate, and dodged every single attack.

Wins:

Franz was doubling mercenaries and Myrmidons pretty early.

Franz became a tank and surprassed Gilliam quickly

Promoting Ross to a hero was my best decision.

Tana maxing speed and luck

Kyle also became a Gillam on wheels.

Colm maxing out everything except HP, SKL (28) and RES.

ArthurxLute was the best support and they were invincible together (double sages for the win)

Almost soloing the final chapter with Colm

Infact, Colm kinda soloed the game with Neimi.

Fails:

My Seth always sucks and only maxes STR

Knoll always wastes my time.

My Arthur never gets luck save one playthrough.

Ephraim's caps.

Joshua stops gaining stats after maxing speed and skill.

Always getting stoned

• 1 month later...