Epic Failures, Epic Wins: Fire Emblem 7

Junkhead

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I could leave it open. There isn't another epic failures/epic wins near the top of this board right now. Still, the last post was over 5 months ago. And this topic: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=18910 exists and has a similar (though not the same) concept.

Anyway, I'll leave it open for now.

Wins:

All three lords on my last playthrough. So many green shiny stuff on their page with no statbooster (except one Angelic Robe for Lyn to boost that 40-something HP up to the 50s)

Lucius frontlining. And surviving. With his grand total of 4 DEF.

A good number of my other units.

Fails:

On my first playthrough Eliwood had 18 SPD (major screw). I didn't check his stats thoroughly and I thought Canas needed the speed/con boosters more for his heavy tomes, so when I went up to Fire Dragon to get Eliwood to kill it, it showed up as Fire Dragon double hit as apparantly, his AS is now 11.( So I ended up owning Fire Dragon with Hector of win instead.)

That same file, Hector had 22 Def. At level 18 promoted. I thought he should have at least 26 or 27 by then....

But at least Armads fixes that.

Epic Failures:

1st Fire Emblem Game. Long time ago. ( I was noob/naive/young)

Reason why I started playing FE => Smash Bros melee (Marth and Roy)

Lyn vs Dragon = NO DMG. HHHNGGGGGGGGG.

Small army. Promoted units( Hawkeye , Pent , Louise , Athos....) + a few survivors that could fight (Guy , Rath , Oswin , Serra...)

Didn't recruit a lot of people that was available in the game (Priscilla , Raven , Lucius , Heath , Vaida...)

Some guys were still alive but weak (Marcus, Erk , Matthew...)

It was a long time...but my 1st Fire Emblem experience was sad. (I didn't read any info or FAQS though)

No Lyn/Eliwood

Dragon VS Hector + Athos only.

Final destination.

PS: Game Boy Advanced with original game. no savestates easymode derpderp and no Arena abuse. (I guess this can be a win situation for the old me NOT EPIC )

Edited by Roderick

Epic Fail:

My 14/0 Florina was fighting a (level 6?) mage in 16X's arena, managed to miss him (which would have killed him), and died as a result (and she had 84 Hit displayed as well). :facepalm:

Cue restart. *sigh*

Epic Fail:

Babied Lucius ridiculously in one playthrough, but let Priscilla die in Lyn's chapter, not realising the chain reaction...

Taking pride in the fact that my Marcus only had around 4 EXP.

Epic Win: Not so much a win, but this is as epic as it gets. Can't remember which PT this was, but it was Jaffar's chapter, right, on ENM. Lowen, who was kinda trained (10/something) scooped up Nino, and with Marcus and Isadora at his side barrelled straight at Jaffar as the rest of my army meandered on behind. All three ate it in the end, Lowen being felled so near to Jaffar by a Bolting hit...but they got Nino safely to Jaffar, and I won.

• 3 weeks later...

In Victory or Death on my HHM ranked run. I realised I had only 2 turns to beat it or else I would have to do some magic in the endgame to get my turn rank. And then I realised hector was standing next to Merlinus all the way across the map.

He has to seize....

• 3 weeks later...

After PERFECTLY playing allllllll of chapter 17 (or, whichever chapter the boat level is) I send Hector to kill the boss shaman fellow with Luna. Of course, this is AFTER I steal his speed wing, kill all the reinforcements, and am on the final turn. I check the preview screen. That bastard does 12 damage. 54 displayed hit. 16 displayed crit.

"That's kind of unfair." I wonder aloud. I send in Hector, my only durable unit. He has 36 health. I turn animations on, choose Wolf Beil, and cross my fingers.

Hector hits. This is good. Just one more hit now...

SHAMAN STARTS HIS ATTACK AND THE STUPID LITTLE CIRCLE THING DENOTING A CRITICAL FOR A SHAMAN HAPPENS AND I LISTEN TO THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN THE LUNA HITS HECTOR AND KILLS HIM WITH EXACTLY 0 HP TO SPARE.

Gah.

My SP then goes soaring majestically through the air, against the wall.

EPIC FAIL.

For some reason, I decided to try to use Wil. I got him up from lvl 2 archer in LHM to a lvl 20/2 Sniper WITHOUT GAINING A SINGLE POINT OF DEF OTHER THAN PROMOTION BONUS! (Granted, 20% growth isn't that high, but COME ON) He ended up being ditched after that because th rest of his stats were also fairly bad (only having 11 spd wasn't doing him any favours).

Also, someone else (can't remember who) decided that missing 3 times in a row with 90 displayed hit was a good idea. :facepalm:

Epic Fail: Battle before Dawn. Marcus was ferrying Nino over to Jaffar, but got doubled by Bolting XD Nino was then one-shot by Bolting XD And then Jaffar wasn't recruited.

Epic Win: BbD and Sands of Time were both clear of enemies many turns before the time limit. (This is admittedly ENM, due to a complete crash of both game and saves.)

Epic Fail: Lucius got hit by a 7% Berserk Staff.

Epic Win: Said Lucius soloed Nergal and all surrounding enemies without sustaining damage...while berserked :)

This was in Light Pt. 1

Edited by Pegasus Knight

Another epic fail...

In Crazed Beast, loldefenseandluck!Raven attacked Pascal. While on a forest. With a steel axe. Again, on a forest.

Pascal critted him with 27 displayed hit and 6 displayed crit. Killed him.

Double Epic Fail; Lowen is level 11 and STILL has base 7 speed, and only 6 skill. The other Fail is that I still occasionally deploy him...

Epic Wins:

• Lowen has 9 Res at LV 20 Cavalier. :awesome:

Epic Fails:

• I ditched him for Sain who was horribly SKL-screwed, SPD-screwed and LCK-screwed at LV 16 Cavalier. He auto-fixed himself. :facepalm:

Wins

Hector was a god in my 2nd play: He capped EVERY DAMN THING and got 5 or so perfect lvl up

Eliwood had 18 defense and 17 strength at lvl 20 unpromoted

Raven...Wow... Just WOW

Fail

That same Hector missed w/99% in the arena and got hit by 4%.He was enraged and criticaled the next turn.

Nergal criticaled Raven...DAMN 1%!!!!!!!!! But he survived at 1hp!!!(he had 22res(capped)+pure water+supports and 59hp.)

Edited by Groner

Fail:

I had got up to Genesis in my current PT. My brother's friend comes plays on my game kills Fiora, Raven and Matthew and completes the level. Also Matthew had the Ocean Seal so now I have a Dart at level 19.93 who can't class change until Victory or Death if I carry on this PT (as I was trying to finish Wallace's support convos this PT)

Win -

*Eliwood turned out pretty awesome in his route in during my first playthrough. Got pretty good stats and nearly maxed most of his stats.

Fail -

*Eliwood turning to crap after the first playthrough in like Hector's route. I guess he decided to reveal his true self. Durandal was pretty fail too, being heavy and stuff too. Then again, so is Hector's and Lyn's, though Hector is fine with Armads.

Edited by Sword of the North Star

• 1 month later...

Oh wow, I've had so many RNG Screwage incidents, where do I begin?

-Lyn, Wil, Erk, Lucius, Marcus have all missed at hit chances of 90% or greater (Erk missed at a 99%!)

-Lyn got hit by a bandit at 17% chance taking off over half of her health

-Hector got hit by an Eclipse at a 6% chance

-Eliwood got hit by an Eclipse at a very low chance and died later on due to the HP loss

-Lyn gained nothing but HP and Luck for 4 level ups in a row. She was well past Level 10 and still had her base of 2 Defense.

-Dorcas had 9 Speed as a Level 16 Warrior. I don't care what the growth rates and averages say, that's just sad.

Bad News: Pent got Berserked at a 9% chance.

Good News: Pent then proceeded to own the remaining enemies.

More Bad News: After killing all the regular enemies, Pent suicided against Nergal.

Here are the times where the RNG worked in my favor:

-Lucius dodged a 50% that would have killed him

-Hawkeye hit and killed a Swordmaster with about 30% chance to hit. That Swordmaster was Lloyd.

-Lyn dodged a Bolting that would have killed her (I don't remember the hit chance)

-Kenneth had about a 10% chance of criticaling (and thus killing) all of my units, but Marcus criticaled him with a 10% chance. Sweet Irony.

-Hector had 20 Str and Def while unpromoted. He was even stronger than Oswin.