A Great Volke Combo

I promise I won't make fun of Sothe at all in this. But I've found a combo that makes Volke have almost 100% chance of raining death upon people with Criticals and perhaps Leathiality every once in a while.

Volke + Baselard + Gamble + B Support with Heaven based Character (In my case Stefan) = 99% Hit rate and 100% Critical rate against an average white Dragon.

Of course, there is the 1% chance he'll miss, but with his high speed he will attack twice. If he misses both times, you should just kill yourself, because you are the unluckiest bastard on the face of the earth.

Adept is nice on him too.

Wow, you reached 100% on some units!? Congrats, did you try an A Support with Stefan? ;)

I have. But I can't remember the exact boost. But a B support with Stefan gives Volke +23 to hit and +5 to avoid. Since they both have high speed the avoid is merely a perk, but with gamble, it helps Volke to be much more deadly.

Yeah except they don't reach that until the Dragon chapter where Volke's not even doing much with a critical.

If his strength is average and he's got Baselard, he's one-hit-koing people.

This Combo isn't that great. First, Volke with Stefan B is meh. They aren't even in the same chapters until endgame, which means they aren't guaranteed to have that B by 4E-3. So this 'awesomeness' is there for one map (lol @ 4E-4 and 4E-5). Yes, he could support Elincia or Tibarn as well, but this combo is still very limited.

Second, Gamble only works on player's phase, which means that he can KO one enemy per turn reliably (or two with a heron, but they have better things to do).

You somehow kept your promise!

On a serious note, that's pretty awesome. Too bad it can't happen in PoR 'cause of the smaller skill pools...