Can Rick Rolls be banned

Here, let me share something with you that helped me with my own rickroll problem. Ironically enough, it's also on youtube:

I doubt a ban will be necessary after that. Who ever said I couldn't be constructive? :)

...and no, before one of you guys ask, it's not rickroll, duckroll, obamaroll, nyanroll, or a roll at all. Understandable suspicion, though.

Edited by Der Kommissar

It's ridiculous to ban it, and really won't help at all.

after all, if rick rolls are banned, members will just find something else to replace it.

Here, let me share something with you that helped me with my own rickroll problem. Ironically enough, it's also on youtube:

I doubt a ban will be necessary after that. Who ever said I couldn't be constructive? :)

...and no, before one of you guys ask, it's not rickroll, duckroll, obamaroll, nyanroll, or a roll at all. Understandable suspicion, though.

I read that as Nanaya Roll and almost jizzed my pants.

I see it as bullshit to ban rick rolls. They're not even annoying. In fact, they're pretty fun. Besides, people here always go "oh awesum" and "w1n" and "lol" anyway, so honestly, who cares about rick rolls being posted?

I can't imagine that it would be possible to block all rickrolls- there are way too many links. Anyway, so long as it's constrained to FFtF, I don't see why rickrolls necessarily need to be banned. Sure they're annoying, but there's something to be said for not clicking suspicious Youtube links.

I've told mods about this. I say that anyone posting a Rickroll should have their warn raised and be automatically suspended for 3~5 days, no question. Rickrolling is, if not anything else, trolling.

Edited by Destiny Hero

I've told mods about this. I say that anyone posting a Rickroll should have their warn raised and be automatically suspended for 3~5 days, no question. Rickrolling is, if not anything else, trolling.

How so? How can you consider a Rick Roll to be a controversial or inflammatory thing with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion, especially when they're blatantly obvious and in a spam section?

Edited by Julius

Banning it would be an overreaction. At most a "you're a dick, lol" should suffice, and if too many people do it, since there's been a precedent of banning silly fads, people can ban it on that if they feel like it.