I feel less than bright asking this but...

Mint_Lime

Er, no. You can't restart, so just like what Chainey said, better have 2 saves. Or use savestate. *shots self*

I don't recall there being such a feature. You'll just have to keep two different saves.
Er, no. You can't restart, so just like what Chainey said, better have 2 saves. Or use savestate. *shots self*

<< well crap. I was afraid of that. Well I didn't really want to use Midayle that much anyways.

This game just got like 5x harder for me.

<< well crap. I was afraid of that. Well I didn't really want to use Midayle that much anyways.

...And you are in Chapter? You can get Valkyrie Staff later to resurrect you dead units, but it costs 30,000 G per use.

Or use savestate. *shots self*

Yes. Take caution that using a savestate will erase your saves that you make on your srm file up t the point until you've just made the save on the state.

You can save in-game at the beginning of your turn. Sigurd is a beast, and Lex is a tank. Use them.

I find Lex less-than-stellar due to his negative evade. If it's possible, use Ardan in the earlier chapters. Otherwise, go with Lex.

I find Lex less-than-stellar due to his negative evade. If it's possible, use Ardan in the earlier chapters. Otherwise, go with Lex.

Hero Axe.

Arden sucks and is outclassed by Lex in pretty much all aspects - both as an unit and as a father.

Edited by Arthur

Lex doesn't care about his evade other than against magic users, but evade is hardly reliable in this game for anyone unless they use swords, have lots of Spd and Luk and Charisma + leadership + terrain. 1 RN + no con + enemy leadership sees to that.

Lex is more reliable than Arden. They both will end as tanks, but Lex is WAY easier to train, and his higher movement is nice as well.

And the Hero Axe.

Well of course Lex shouldn't be used as a sword user...But since neither Ardan or Lex has Pursuit, why would they be taking the role of Alec or Sigurd is beyond me.

He's good a killing weakened enemies and gets about 40 some EXP early on. He'll be at lv 10-12 by the end of chapter one and ready to gobble up of mounted lance users in Ch.2, along with the possibility of helping to kill Zyne, provided he grew enough HP and DEF.

Ardan's done by chapter 2 if we're talking about a playthrough that at least tries to use everyone efficiently. He also has less attack power than Lex using either Iron Axe or Steel Axe.

Edited by Cephas

Well of course Lex shouldn't be used as a sword user...But since neither Ardan or Lex has Pursuit, why would they be taking the role of Alec or Sigurd is beyond me.

He's good a killing weakened enemies and gets about 40 some EXP early on. He'll be at lv 10-12 by the end of chapter one and ready to gobble up of mounted lance users in Ch.2, along with the possibility of helping to kill Zyne, provided he grew enough HP and DEF.

Ardan's done by chapter 2 if we're talking about a playthrough that at least tries to use everyone efficiently. He also has less attack power than Lex using either Iron Axe or Steel Axe.

The Hero Axe makes up for the lack of Pursuit just fine, in Lex's case.

The Hero Axe makes up for the lack of Pursuit just fine, in Lex's case.

I know, but you should be done with Ch.1 by the time he gets it. Prior to that, he's usually just finishing off weakened enemies and dealing big damage here or there. Sorry that I wasn't clear about that.

Pft, why this Arden trolling? Arden is one of the very best characters in G1.
No, he isn't. I know very well how to use him, and it's precisely how he is supposed to be used that makes him suck. Edited by Cephas

I know, but you should be done with Ch.1 by the time he gets it. Prior to that, he's usually just finishing off weakened enemies and dealing big damage here or there. Sorry that I wasn't clear about that.

But at least he gets loads and loads of experience.

No, he isn't. I know very well how to use him, and it's precisely how he is supposed to be used that makes him suck.

He's a troll. Ignore him.

No, he isn't. I know very well how to use him, and it's precisely how he is supposed to be used that makes him suck.

Obviously you don't, given that he's supposed to be one of your top performers by chapter 2.

Obviously you don't, given that he's supposed to be one of your top performers by chapter 2.

Ardan isn't useful beyond getting the Pursuit Ring in Chapter 2.

D: Nooo Midayle is awesome. If you are in Ch. 1 or something, just make a new file.

I was referring to save state -> go into arena (which wastes like two RNs, maybe a bit more) -> see what happens -> save state again if you're not satisfied.

I was referring to save state -> go into arena (which wastes like two RNs, maybe a bit more) -> see what happens -> save state again if you're not satisfied.

That's a bit hard to do, when he is usually the one you sacrifice to be killed in the Arena. >.>