Your play style

My favorite tactics are choke point mastery, thunder and lightning, and divide and conquer.

Choke point is better for defense and chapters where you will have to deal with enemies coming from several different directions, you set characters where a lot of people will be going through at the space behind the entrance, this allows only one direct attacker and one indirect attacker on the enemy side but allows your shield as a direct attacker and several indirect attackers to be there

Thunder and lightning is like the tactic shinon and gatrie use, I go through with higher def/res or mobility and attack as many enemies while moving them as much as possible, then I go through with a weaker def set and clean up, this is my prefered tactic unless the situation requires something else.

divide and conquer is fairly self-explanitory and is where you sperate into two fairly equal groups and flank them

I use other tactics if the situation calls for it.

lol

I'm going to try to break out of my defense game for my second playthrough. I want to do a Fail Brigade run next time. Well, minus Leo, Meg, and Fiona because they just suck.

Then it doesn't count; using Meg, Fiona and Leonardo is half the challenge.

Then it doesn't count; using Meg, Fiona and Leonardo is half the challenge.

Maybe. I should've said this in the first post, but some units suck imo for other reasons than that they're bad units stats-wise.

I love Meg's character, but I'd rather take Tauroneo for my next playthrough and I only want to use one Marshall. And I love Shinon too much to ever, ever use Leonardo ever or even Rolf for that matter. If I wanted a real challenge I'd use Astrid who I really want to make endgame material :lol: . And as for Fiona....no, just no. She just doesn't...I don't know, mesh with me for some unknown reason. Hopefully that will change. Next playthrough will be a big enough challenge for me because I'm trying to take a both a saint and non-required magic user to endgame at the same time.

However you did convince me to use Meg on a later playthrough. After all I do find her adorable even if she does suck. And she will have A support with Zihark. Why? Because I can!

Edited by Leyla Garcia

I tend to form a line of my sturdy units between two walls/mountains/trees/whatever and have my units behind attack directly. If I'm playing a game where horses can canto, I'll have them be behind the archers/mages and have them do hit and run attacks. When possible, I'll advance the line forward and make it longer if necessary. If I'm confident that my sturdy units will survive the attack I'll make a more offensive pyramid formation with them so everyone has more targets to kill. This is my favorite strategy.

When out in the open, I tend to put a sturdy unit barely into the range of the closest enemy and give the kill to someone who needs it, and continue on in that fashion.

As for classes, I like anyone who can use javelins and hand axes, (also mages) so they can attack archers and everyone else. Those are the weapons I use the most, but Swordmasters do have thier uses.

Rush it fast guys, but keep up a safe formation too whenever possible. Usually I use archers great, but I'm not the best at using mages, and I'm pretty bad with healers and pegasus knights in any Fire Emblem not called Shadow Dragon.

I also go for Wyverns over Pegasi, Archers over Mages, and Heroes and Swordsmasters are tied cause they rock so much.

Edited by Reinfleche

I just attack the enemies and adapt to the situation. Nothing special. I usually don't bother with ranks, but I do try to play as efficiently as possible.

^This, although if I have Uber units, I rush the opponent. And, I use my Archers and Snipers to my advantage. (I like Snipers and that shiny +5 crit rate) I use SMs a little more than Snipers, 'cause SMs can survive easier.

EDIT: Also, I level my units however the way I've been playing allows. Meaning, if I'm playing defensively, I let my units level freely on that map. If I'm rushing the opponent, I level my units aggresively.

Edited by Camtech075

I prefer units and classes I like in most cases. There are some units I like who fail so much that I just don't use them, though, e.g. Sophia. Except it's FE10 because there's BEXP, so I just use everyone I like, even Kyza.

And I tend to play very defensively because it's safer and I hate restarting. But sometimes I just throw my units in the middle of the map and watch the enemies dying.

In battles with no time limit (or early completion advantages), I have one big rule: Stick together. I put the units near each other in a strong army. This makes me dislike armors (they slow down the entire army) and I also dislike mounted units that don't get much advantages aside from their boosted movement.

Somewhat speed (clearing maps fast, generally this makes armoured units disliked) and support focused (not character supports but rather barrier staff, dancers that kind of support).

Also using way too many units for my own good on a first playthrough*. Seriously, in my first FE7 playthrough my final chapter party was so underleveled no units (except Athos duh) had S ranks. In fact, in most cases I would have been better off using the pre-promotes since they had better stats :(

I also like using Axe based units. Something about the high HP, high strength units that is fun to use. It is annoying when their speed is terrible though

*-Unless it is the older games where the gap between usable and not usable units seems to be pretty large...

I find it a fun challenge to use every character evenly (including prepromotes) and don't typically promote anyone (supports make this bearable), except for the lord(s) in whichever game it is we're talking about... also... I MAKE SURE EVERYONE LIVES... hopefully......

unless of course we're dealing with something like FE7's HHM or SD's H4 (H5 is too much x.x), in which case i favor sticking with early characters with decent growths

I tend to charge a lot. In most of my games my Falcoknights/Paladins will all get 300+ battles and max weapon efficiency. For the same reason I prefer to not train any armor knights as they are too slow and become obscure towards the later chapters that have long range magic users. Snipers are not favored either due to not counter-attack.

Not be able to connect hits is also very annoying, so I generally prefer swordies over axe users with lower speed and skill.

I always reset when units die, but I do tend to arena abuse since I just like being overleveled, and don't care for rankings. I used to play pretty offensively, and my healers never would get much experience, but recently I play more defensively and have my healers exploit level ups and stuff.

I like to take advantage of choke points, meaning that I like Oswin and Hector, but I really like fast characters like Lyn (Eliwood... not so much.) who can double everything, and swordmasters are my favorite class. Berserkers are nice too though, I like criticals!

Pretty much, when I first started, might made right.

Then, I started using characters that my brother suggested, and didn't care too much for ranks or hard mode. I also never used calvies.

Now, I always try to do a "Special" runthrough. I never go on anything above Normal, and I actually like calvaliers, somewhat (FE9-FE11, I like them :D)

What's wrong with Elincia?

You've interpreted her statement wrongly.

I'll also go into my awful relationship with Pegasus Riders not named Elincia later <_<

^ That means she has a good relationship with Elincia (lucky?), but a bad one with all other Pegasus Riders.

Edited by TheEnd

I play pretty defensively overall, making most of my units attack when it's the enemy's phase (unless I don't get countered on their phase or I can kill them) I don't camp terribly, but just enough where it won't put my units in terrible danger.

You've interpreted her statement wrongly.

^ That means she has a good relationship with Elincia (lucky?), but a bad one with all other Pegasus Riders.

Yep, Elinicia was one of my best units and I really enjoyed using her. She was certainly the best out of any of the Pegasus riders in RD. She would be awesome/endgame material if she were just a healer on a Pegasus, but then she gets Amiti. Her strength isn't all that, but the fact that she usually attacked four times (her speed was pretty good) with a chance to Stun every turn. I just had to keep her away from bows, but meh. Everyone has their weakness and Elinicia more than made up for hers.

Too bad I couldn't say the same for Marcia, Tanith, and Sigrun. I think my Marcia was strength screwed--I didn't even bother to restart when she was killed. Tanith and Sigrun were just...meh.