I lol'd.

Sounds like the sort of game the AVGN would have a review on. >_>

Or Irate Gamer. :P

Yeah.. Giving Sages the option of knives is pretty much pointless... XD

What were the developers thinking...?

Probably the same thing they were thinking when they gave Snipers Sure Strike in Sacred Stones.

Probably the same thing they were thinking when they gave Snipers Sure Strike in Sacred Stones.

LMFAO.

Seriously. They should have gotten +15 crit at least... >_>

Irate Gamer is getting boring.

Maybe they were thinking of ninjas at the moment they were making the game.

Were there any games before FE9 that allowed snipers to get critical bonus' anyways?

Sages were probably given the ability to wield knives with the intention of giving them the chance to do more damage to high resistance enemies. That's a good idea on paper, but obviously it doesn't work out very well in practice.

''Valkyries of Fire Emblem'' I thought Ursula was a Mage Knight...

''Valkyries of Fire Emblem'' I thought Ursula was a Mage Knight...

Er, I think you quoted the wrong post. But anyway, no, Ursula isn't a Mage Knight. Mage Knights didn't even feature in FE7.

I tried it for lulz..... I didn't get far

Ya mean ya actually QUIT just because of a Knifey Sage?!

How dumb, that deaths of Mia and Zihark, the unrecruitment of Makalov, Marcia and Haar, combined with not using Jill, Kieran, Astrid and Nephenee didn't stop me, why should that stop you?!

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, wait?

Oh, yeah, FE4 Mage Fighters.

Except Tinny could get some strength depending on her father (much better than Soren anyway) and Arthur could get even more (though still capping at 20 with the most physical father). And swords in fe4 were really good, especially compared to knives in fe9.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's supposed that knives work against Magic wielders, but it's not worth it cause I trained Calill and she's supposed to have high str for mages but even the Priest resisted the attack (double). The only mage that counts with high str is an abused Tormod, instead give staves to Soren and Ilyana, but the knife still won't do for good so give Tormod a staff if you're going to train him. But knives were a bad creation, only to distract the eye.

Knives can be used to attack even when the mage who uses them is struck with the "silence" status condition! =D

...I think.

But they're still pointless since that rarely ever happens, and even if it happens, there's still Restore staves. Staves are so much more useful than knives, it's not even funny (yay for Physic!).