Of course, E3 shows some of the craziest stuff to hit markets...

Roxas

Rehashing popular franchises like Star Wars, Halo, and Rock Band and giving them a Lego feel is so... unoriginal, though. ._.

Like, I know they change up the gameplay considerably from the franchise they are remaking, but still. It's a totally different experience compared to the real thing.

EDIT: Wait, I just realized how this entire post is completely contradictory. My point is, though, that the real thing that they are rehashing will be an ultimately better experience compared to the Lego versions. Yay, there you go.

Edited by irock708

pretty soon we'll see a Disney Princess Rock Band.

i can see it now, you design a princess from scratch, choose ballroom clothing, tiaras, hairstyle, and slippers and such, apply the make-up of your choice, and then see her madly play some guitar riffs!!!!!!!

.......... :/

Edited by Holy Empress Sanaki

They made a good job with Star Wars. It might actually be fun.
Lego games tend to not be too bad. Especially Lego star wars which when I tried it, it was pretty fun.

True, true, very true.

pretty soon we'll see a Disney Princess Rock Band.

i can see it now, you design a princess from scratch, choose ballroom clothing, tiaras, hairstyle, and slippers and such, apply the make-up of your choice, and then see her madly play some guitar riffs!!!!!!!

.......... :/

o_o

The Lego game series always looked absurd in my opinion, despite having decent games, but come on. Lego Rock Band?

Look, i'm all for the Lego Star wars, that was pretty good, but as if Lego really needs to cash in on ROCKBAND?! That's just sad. Why take what should be fun for all ages, young and old, and Lego-tize it? Come-on Lego, there's gotta be something else. Now you guys are just starting to piss me off.

Fuckin AC2, and KOTOR, and HALO STD....I mean ODST.

EDIT- all that complaining about lego shit, and no one has brought up the best concept?? An April fool's joke a while back was Lego- Halo.

Edited by Rainsford

Now let's talk about the stuff that's crazy in a good way!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBRwzSJy9vo

I had played all the big titles at E3. Private showings of God of War III, Heavy Rain, Alan Wake. But at 4:00 on Thursday, I was wandering around the show floor, wondering what else I had to see. I saw a small little booth for "Scribblenauts!" in the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment section. I mean, who goes to that booth? But I remember hearing about it on GAF, and so I decided to check it out.

Best game of E3? Without a fucking doubt. Anyone who says otherwise did not play Scribblenauts. Best game of all time? Jesus Christ, I don't know, maybe. It's a game that challenges your IMAGINATION. No other game has ever done that.

So listen to this story. I was in the early levels; I didn't quite have an idea of how ridiculously in-depth the database was. I was summoning things like ladders, glasses of water, rayguns, what have you. But I reached a level with zombie robots, and the zombie robots kept killing me. Rayguns didn't work, a torch didn't work, a pickaxe didn't work. In my frustration, I wrote in "Time Machine". And one popped up. What the fuck? A smile dawned on my face. I hopped in, and the option was given to me to either travel to the past or the future. I chose past. When I hopped out, there were fucking dinosaurs walking around. I clicked one, and realized I could RIDE THEM. So I hopped on a fucking DINOSAUR, traveled back to the present, and stomped the shit out of robot zombies. Did you just read that sentence? Did you really? I FUCKING TRAVELED THROUGH TIME AND JUMPED ON A DINOSAUR AND USED IT TO KILL MOTHERFUCKING ROBOT ZOMBIES. This game is unbelievable. Impossible. There's nothing you can't do.

Holy fucking shit.

Ok, when I watched the video I didn't really understand I guess, because once I read your quote, OH MY GOD! I WANNA TRAVEL BACK IN TIME TO RIDE A DINOSAUR TO CRUSH ROBOT ZOMBIES!!! :D Honestly though, I do agree with you. There aren't games nowadays that truly challenge your imagination, or where what you can do is only limited by such.

Woah o_O Interesting. (btw Celice, what are you longing? Just asking because it says Sehnsucht under yer pic)

Anyone else got any interesting E3 stuff?

dont think it was in e3 but i saw an article about an attempt of a rock-band game only you play it by headbanging

dont think it was in e3 but i saw an article about an attempt of a rock-band game only you play it by headbanging

....link pl0x. XD

....link pl0x. XD

couldnt find it as it was several months ago but whilst looking for it I did stumble across an article of a man who tied himself naked to a rock outside a school to see what the buzzards do would post a link but it has a pic which might be classified as nudity