Best/Worst in the Series: Round 7

Lux Aeterna

It's time the next round began.

Please vote for what YOU think is the best/worst in the series for this round. The round will last for about three days, after which I will tally the votes, and will add the top three to a list in the opening post of the next topic.

It would be nice if you nominate ideas for when I'm out of them. I'll keep track of the nominations. Please nominate only once a round.

Please remeber to nominate. Also, if your vote is not for one person/thing/etc, it will be thrown out.

Previous winners (best)

Best NPC: 1st- 3-13 Archer ; 2nd- FE10 Daein Army ; 3rd- Eltshan

Best Swordmaster: 1st- Rutger ; 2nd- Lakche ; 3rd- Shanan

Best Hair: 1st- Titania ; 2nd- Heath and Stefan (tie)

Best Non-Final Boss: 1st- Black Knight ; 2nd- Alvis and Trabant (tie)

Best Thief: 1st- Pahn ; 2nd- Matthew ; 3rd- Lifis, Volke, and Sothe (tie, FE10 Sothe can only be assumed)

Best Personal Weapon: 1st- Graphcalibur and Pugi (tie) ; 3rd - Wolf Beil

Previous winners (worst)

Worst NPC: 1st- The three generic Caelin soldiers in FE7 ; 2nd- Lachesis' 3 Pallies and FE8 Chapter 19 Armor Knights (tie)

Worst Swordmaster: 1st- Karla ; 2nd- Shanam ; 3rd- Lucia

Worst Hair: 1st- Vaida ; 2nd- Gheb, Lowen, and Makalov (tie)

Worst Non-Final Boss: 1st- Aion ; 2nd- Toras ; 3rd Batta the Beast (6-way tie broken by a random number generator)

Worst Thief: 1st- Cath ; 2nd- Daisy ; 3rd- Ricardo

Worst Personal Weapon: 1st- FE9 Rolf's Bow ; 2nd- Sol Katti ; 3rd- Daim Thunder, Ettard, Amiti of FE9, and Caldabolg (tied)

Nominations:

Best/Worst Jeigan (2)

Best/Worst Christmas knights

This best/worst in the series topic is about the best/worst chapter.

For me

Best: FE10 Radiant Dawn part 2 final

Worst: FE7 Chapter 11 (Eliwood's tale)

Ha, so you DID intend to do it. Anyway, I nominate Best/Worst Boss Weapon (Judge, Ravager, Dark Breath, etc.)

And if you need help, I've got nothing better to do anyway, so... /not-so-obvious hint

Best: FE10 2-E. Now that's a REAL Defend Chapter (lol3-5)

Worst: I'd have to say Lyn Mode Prologue on NM. Fucking impossible to lose.

Edited by Gordaran

Best: Chapter 8, PoR. I love this chapter.

Worst: 4-1, it's a rout which takes forever since you don't know where teh reinforcements are. Then there's Rafiel's frailness on this chapter meaning no Heron and an underlevelled Ike.

Now that's a REAL Defend Chapter (lol3-10)

3-10 isn't a defend chapter, it's a rout.

If you were talking about 3-13, then I'd strongly disagree with you, it's challenging (Bosses for enemies), and you don't just defend a square which can be chokeholed, you defend a line which can be breached by the likes of the Hawks even if you chokepoint the ledges.

Edited by kirsche

Worst: 4-1, it's a rout which takes forever since you don't know where teh reinforcements are. Then there's Rafiel's frailness on this chapter meaning no Heron and an underlevelled Ike.

I could've sworn that 20/1 Ike could one-round anything that wasn't a General or Catalena.

3-10 isn't a defend chapter, it's a rout.

Epic Fail on my part, I meant 3-5.

Edited by Gordaran

And if you need help, I've got nothing better to do anyway, so... /not-so-obvious hint

No I'm good. It's kind of fun tallying up the votes and seeing where everyone stands. But if I can't do it for whatever reason, I'll leave it in your hands.

I could've sworn that 20/1 Ike could one-round anything that wasn't a General or Catalena.

i suppose you have a point, but there's otehr reasoning.

Epic Fail on my part, I meant 3-5.

What's wrong with 3-5? Like 3-13, it's tough to choke hole. And the mass of enemies (Mages especially) make is a pain for haar and Ike - too of your best units.

i suppose you have a point, but there's otehr reasoning.

Fair enough.

What's wrong with 3-5? Like 3-13, it's tough to choke hole. And the mass of enemies (Mages especially) make is a pain for haar and Ike - too of your best units.

It's fucking easy, that's what. Tits, Oscar and Haar can all either be promoted or close to promotion by now, so you can just ride over and annihilate Lombroso. Ike+Celerity can too.

It's fucking easy, that's what. Tits, Oscar and Haar can all either be promoted or close to promotion by now, so you can just ride over and annihilate Lombroso. Ike+Celerity can too.

PEMN

Haar suffers from mage syndrome, and in order to get to 20/1, he'll have gained 2 levels per chapter, since Haar suffers from Doubling issues, I doubt that's happening.

Titania may be promoted, yes, but one character can't defend the whole fort.

Oscar would have needed to get 1.6 levels per chapter, another unlikely scenario as oscar suffers from AS, Atk and some durability issues early part 3.

Worst: From what I've heard, I'm voting FE5 Chapter 24x.

Best: FE10 Part 3 Endgame. It's so fucking intense.

Ike could defend the whole fort without anyone else being deployed.

Edited by Luster Warrior

PEMN

Haar suffers from mage syndrome, and in order to get to 20/1, he'll have gained 2 levels per chapter, since Haar suffers from Doubling issues, I doubt that's happening.

Oscar would have needed to get 1.6 levels per chapter, another unlikely scenario as oscar suffers from AS, Atk and some durability issues early part 3.

It's not just my experience, cause:

Haar can get over his doubling issues with a Speedwing, a Crown or simply by being the flying wall in other chapters (i.e. not having to double to gain excellent EXP). And as long as Haar stays clear of Thunder Mages, he can deal with Fire and Wind Mages fine ('Cause he can one-shot them)

Of course Tits isn't going to be defending the whole fort. You have Gatrie, Brom, Nephenee, Boyd, Shinon, Reyson, Mia, and probably some other people I forgot about to defend the fort.

And Oscar has BEXP, Early Crown or simply being used as a weaker Tits that doubles more often in previous chapters to get promoted.

Anyway, I'm not changing my vote, so let's just drop it.

Best: Fe4 chapter 5 (IT WAS EPIC)

Worst: Fe6 final (nub chapter. It takes an entire team of legendary weapon users, and Roy/Fa can just solo it. >_>)

Best: Hmmm... Hard question... FE9... chapter... ... I don't know T.T". I will just vote for FE9 chapter 13. It was fun, and a good chapter to train your units.

Worst: FE7 Chapter 1 LNM (or was it Lyn Easy Mode... don't know). It is THE LESS challenging chapter in all of FE (I didn't play them all but how could it be any easier?) and it gives you the idea that criticals are easy to score.

Best: FE5 / Chapter 14. That's what I call a defense chapter. In 2E of RD all you had to do was to protect to points to stop the enemy from progressing and from there you could do whatever you want without much risk, which was a bit dull and easy. The defense of Tahra was harder since there were over 4 entrances as well as a bunch of Ballista and Bosses with lots of leadership, forcing you to take some risks in order to get the advantage you need to win the battle. And for some reasons the enemy Dragon Knights give you a shitload of exp, so you want to be preapered in time to shot them down. The enemy dark mages also give lots of EXP but are harder to kill without getting killed. Man, there is so much to consider. What a fun chapter.

Worst: FE7 Prologe / Because it gives you the wrong idea how the game works. Situation: The enemy boss can kill you in 2 hits. You would of course let HIM attack first and then decide how to proceed and not attack him on your turn so he can finish you off on his turn.

Best: ...I'll say FE9 Chapter 26.

Worst: FE6 chapter 14. Honorable mention goes to FE10 chapter 4-4 and FE10 chapter 2-1.

Edited by Jonathan Aulin

Worst: FE7 Chapter 1 LNM (or was it Lyn Easy Mode... don't know). It is THE LESS challenging chapter in all of FE (I didn't play them all but how could it be any easier?) and it gives you the idea that criticals are easy to score.

I want to make sure so I can tally the votes right. You mean the prologue, right?

Ike could defend the whole fort without anyone else being deployed.

Mages.

Anyway, I'm not changing my vote, so let's just drop it.

I wasn't trying to change you're vote, just show that 3-5 is a good chapter. Good =/= Best chapter. I personally believe 2-E > 3-5 anyway.

Unequip Ike and just have him pop vulneraries.

That's inefficient though. You can practically do the same for any defence chapter. With that in mind, they're all equal.

Best: FE5 Chapter 14. Defending chapter, massive number of enemy units, eleventh hour reinforcements, Green units, fuck yes.

Worst:Dunno, maybe FE4 Chapter 7. It was just boring.

Best: FE7 light (Endgame)

Worst FE7 port of badon (16/17x) arena pissed me off in that level honourable mention to nearly all of micaiah's chapters

Edited by mikethfc