Favorite game protagonists

Hirondelle

Simply put, who's your favorite game hero/heroine?

Mine has to be...Final Fantasy II's Firion!

I mean, in one FF, you have a "sphere grid" to get stronger, in another, you have an incredibly confusing "Junction system" (VIII's still great, regardless).

In II, however...Firion gets stronger when he hits people, and when people hit him. That's it. And there's nothing more badass than that, IMO.

So! Let me hear who your favorite game heros are!

Cloud is so kawaii wa desu ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Cloud x Sephiroth x Zack for life!!!!1

In other news, Gene from God Hand is a completely hardcore ass kicker so him.

I would really have to say Hector from FE 7 he is just bad ass on every level of awesome

As for a heroine I would have to say.....idk there aren't many that I know of -_-

Edited by Doom_Dragon_103

Marisa Kirisame - She fires a giant beam. Steals precious things

Shantae - Star of an overlooked game, kills things with her hair.

Tarma Roving - He shoots things, runs over/blows up enemies with a tank. While wearing sunglasses.

Gustave XIII of Saga Frontier II. How many other vg characters are awesome enough to overcome adversity, conquer much of the civilized world before the age of thirty, and continue influence society decades after their death? Not many. Edited by Charlie

Terra from FFVI, although I don't think she's much of protagonist through most of the 2nd part of the game, so Celes as well.

Also gotta love Arthur from Ghouls 'n' Ghosts, and even that damned Red Arremer

while technically not a protagonist, one of my favorite key characters is Drakengard 2's Eris, she has a pretty interesting background despite the fact that she was being raised for an important purpose, she also has a pretty nice sounding voice IMO a really makes me value holy knights a bit more

I have yet to find a main protagonist that has really left a major impact on me from a game...

O M G

how could I forget Maia, the Queen of Halassar and Goddess Laharah Reborn?! Summoner 2 was a really fun game and this woman was kickass, certainly not a flat character, playing the game showed she really had a lot of depth both in the actual gameplay and story...I love this game and all the other characters and aside from perhaps 3 other vivid moments, this game's ending made me teary-eyed a bit when Maia finally got to fulfill her prophecy and duty

Maia FTW!!!

Hmmm...

Frog from Chrono Trigger ranks up there. He's not the main character (because that's Chrono AKA you), but he's arguably the deepest and most interesting character in the game. And his backstory is just tragic and heartbreaking.

I'm fond of Fazz of Hoshigami, mainly because no-one cares about what he's trying to say. Pretty much your Mary Sue, but no character actually likes him. ^_^ Firion is the only Final Fantasy hero I've actually liked, though that's not saying much. Elwin of Langrisser 2 is also pretty interesting. ^_^

The protagonist from Persona 3 because he

uses his body as a seal to save humanity, causing him to die. And he was only 16.

that sounds like ToS2

that sounds like ToS2

Oh, trust me. There's a MASSIVE difference.

Speaking of favorite game protagonists. Hm... I'd have to say Neku of TWEWY as being one of them, the guy's got excellent character development and I don't care what anyone else says. As for others, I'd have to say possibly the protagonist of Persona 4, and Yuri of Tales of Vesperia; I know, I know, the guy seems emo, but he's just cynical yet a good fellow.

There might be others, but I can't really think of any at the moment...

Edited by WyvernSageLord

Hmm... Tough one.

I guess I'm going to have to go with Solid Snake from the Metal Gear series. He sneaks about, takes out enemy soldiers, tanks, an array of unique individuals, as well as Metal Gears. The only thing that can stop him is old age.

Edited by Raven

Hmm... Tough one.

I guess I'm going to have to go with Solid Snake from the Metal Gear series. He sneaks about, takes out enemy soldiers, tanks, an array of unique individuals, as well as Metal Gears. The only thing hat can stop him is old age.

Now, talking about old age, Max Paine is going on a same road with Snake...he is once my favorite hero cause he is fucking amazing bloody monster, freaking cold face and hair (yeah)...