Suckiest character in FE10

If you can get her there... She's pretty horrible at base. Even in EM she'll be doing horribly offensively, making it very hard to get her kills, and then her durability is also awful so you can't even have her use the time she needs to kill them.

However, I'd have to say that if you can't get TORMOD to work properly, then I don't know how you could possibly beat the game using anything but Royals and Haar. Tormod's there to make Part 1 easier. If you can't use him well there (where he 2RKOs things at worst and has pretty good durability) then I have no idea how you could possibly have gotten Oscar or Nephenee (or anyone, really) to work well.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyre with a Magic card to start with. Also endgame cats are pretty good when they stay transformed forever and have Rend.

still, that's what Ranulf's for.

Either way, I just don't like the cats in this game. They revert too quickly to be of much use and need to use olivi grasses at a faster rate than other laguz classes thanks to ther gauge. Sure, Ranulf's the best cat, but that's not saying much because of his competition and the fact that cat laguz suck in this game.

If you can get her there... She's pretty horrible at base. Even in EM she'll be doing horribly offensively, making it very hard to get her kills, and then her durability is also awful so you can't even have her use the time she needs to kill them.

However, I'd have to say that if you can't get TORMOD to work properly, then I don't know how you could possibly beat the game using anything but Royals and Haar. Tormod's there to make Part 1 easier. If you can't use him well there (where he 2RKOs things at worst and has pretty good durability) then I have no idea how you could possibly have gotten Oscar or Nephenee (or anyone, really) to work well.

Tormod is alike Zihark, Volug and Sothe there to waste your exp on in part 1. But unlike all other examples you won't gain him back untill 4-4 where his stats are realy low. Of course in part 4 you get heaps of BEXP but to spend most of it on Tormod is such a huge waste since his stats will be incredible low. Ena is a different case. BEXP her up and she caps everything so you don't even have to fight with her base stats. And regarding wasting BEXp I don't see who else you would use it on. Sure you can get other units to cap everything but that's a general waste too since it's not needed. Tormod, Pelleas and Nephenee come to mind when saying there is a need to get them useable in endgame because they are horrible low leveld uppon joining. (Though you can use Pelleas pretty well in 4-2 and 4-5 but that is usually not really the best option.)

And yes I'm a hypocrite. I can judge others when it comes to using bad units but I use them all anyways.

Well why is Ena entitled to BEXP when Tormod isn't? And as for the whole "Wastes experience" thing, you really don't need that EXP. DB chapters don't require the DB to be leveled up. I mean, if you NEEDED every first-tier unit to reach tier 2 for part 3, then yeah, I'd say that wasting experience is bad. Too bad you don't.

Edited by Slize

Tormod is alike Zihark, Volug and Sothe there to waste your exp on in part 1. But unlike all other examples you won't gain him back untill 4-4 where his stats are realy low. Of course in part 4 you get heaps of BEXP but to spend most of it on Tormod is such a huge waste since his stats will be incredible low. Ena is a different case. BEXP her up and she caps everything so you don't even have to fight with her base stats. And regarding wasting BEXp I don't see who else you would use it on. Sure you can get other units to cap everything but that's a general waste too since it's not needed. Tormod, Pelleas and Nephenee come to mind when saying there is a need to get them useable in endgame because they are horrible low leveld uppon joining. (Though you can use Pelleas pretty well in 4-2 and 4-5 but that is usually not really the best option.)

And yes I'm a hypocrite. I can judge others when it comes to using bad units but I use them all anyways.

Actually without bexp pelleas is quite usable, especially if Elincia has the mercy skill. In 4-2 i get pelleas to lvl 17-cc usually and then i finish chapter. In 4-5 i give him paragon and maybe beast foe then pelleas will jst get to level --/20/20 in no time

Edited by Titan Raven

Meg is bad. Worse than Fiona I'd say. At least they knew what to class Fiona as.

Meg was supposed to be a Pegasus Knight I say.

Besides, Fiona has pretty epic growths; on paper, she's a godly tank.

Now, if she were nine levels HIGHER, she'd be much better.

Meg is bad. Worse than Fiona I'd say. At least they knew what to class Fiona as.

Actually with the same base stats being 9 levels higher would make her significantly worse than otherwise. Levels slower. Only difference is she wouldn't need levels before sealing, but that's not too important since the bad bases would make it pointless.

Oh, and Meg as a peg only works if you make the switch without comparing her bases/growths to the bases/growths of the classes and adjust accordingly. Her str growth takes a nosedive if they change classes like in FE:DS. Also her def growth stays the same but her base drops by 3. Only good news: spd base goes from 8 to 14 and her already high spd growth of 65% goes to 70%. If it wasn't for her 35% str growth dropping to 20% and her 10 base str dropping to 9 base, she'd be pretty good. 9 str with a 20% growth means problems, and who cares that she only needs 9 levels to hit 20 speed. And spd is the only thing capping any time soon since peg's res cap is much higher and even the luck cap went up.

Actually with the same base stats being 9 levels higher would make her significantly worse than otherwise. Levels slower. Only difference is she wouldn't need levels before sealing, but that's not too important since the bad bases would make it pointless.

Oh, and Meg as a peg only works if you make the switch without comparing her bases/growths to the bases/growths of the classes and adjust accordingly. Her str growth takes a nosedive if they change classes like in FE:DS. Also her def growth stays the same but her base drops by 3. Only good news: spd base goes from 8 to 14 and her already high spd growth of 65% goes to 70%. If it wasn't for her 35% str growth dropping to 20% and her 10 base str dropping to 9 base, she'd be pretty good. 9 str with a 20% growth means problems, and who cares that she only needs 9 levels to hit 20 speed. And spd is the only thing capping any time soon since peg's res cap is much higher and even the luck cap went up.

The reason she should be a PK is because her growths fit that much better than an Armor Knight, so we definitely wouldn't do a FEDS class-swap on her.

And like the other forced characters in 1-8, he's required to make that chapter work if you want to save all those lovely innocents. I mean, I'm pretty sure the only alternative would be to move Ilyana w/ tormod's celerity over to save the dude in the bottom right while Vika blocks, unless Vika can save villagers while transformed (I'm under the impression that she can't).

Agreeing w/ you. Tormod might be a little behind, but his deficit is nowhere close to wat the more oft-debated characters in this topic face even early game, let alone in the later chapters.

The reason she should be a PK is because her growths fit that much better than an Armor Knight, so we definitely wouldn't do a FEDS class-swap on her.

Well, of course Fiona's bases would need to go up. Just not too sure what they should be though.

And MEg just fits that much better as a PK.

And like the other forced characters in 1-8, he's required to make that chapter work if you want to save all those lovely innocents. I mean, I'm pretty sure the only alternative would be to move Ilyana w/ tormod's celerity over to save the dude in the bottom right while Vika blocks, unless Vika can save villagers while transformed (I'm under the impression that she can't).

Agreeing w/ you. Tormod might be a little behind, but his deficit is nowhere close to wat the more oft-debated characters in this topic face even early game, let alone in the later chapters.

I saved all vilagers on my Vika MFP PT. But thanks to some abuse in 1-7 she was able to one-round the bottom right Wyverns while untransformed. And yes she can resque while transformed. You can alos use the Olvi Grass you can buy in the base before 1-8. Tormod IS handy in the chapter however. He can damage some enemies without killing them.

• 2 weeks later...

Meg, Astrid and Fiona. Fiona is worst, Meg is second, Astrid is probably the best of the three.

You forgot Lyre.

Well, Lyre can at least survive her chapters providing she remains transformed. Meg, Fiona and Astrid all have difficulty surviving in their chapters. This is why I consider Astrid the best one - Canto+Bows allows her to avoid combat.

• 2 months later...

My worst, as in my endgame team is Sothe, he's useless unless bane activates.

Worst to raise Lyre and Kyza, poor availability :(.Astrid & Fiona are useful for their skills, Fio can rescue and Astrid can easily gain exp without getting attacked. Meg has availability at least.

Worst waste of space Volug in 1-E, Ranulf, and SOTHE. I don't like forced characters that are not lords. Especially when they are forced for many chapters.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

Lyre as worst. You have absolutely no reason to use her. Fiona as second worst. She has decent growths and innate imbue, but her bases suck and she's downright impossible to use because the only chapters she use usable in Part 1 are 1-7 and 1-E. She's also really no use in 3-6 either. Meg is next, she has good growths, but in the wrong places. she gets low str, average def, lowish hp, while she has high speed and resistance. Astrid is the best of this group because she can at least OHKO things with killer bow. Also longbow utility(Don't get her attacked while she has it equipped, she loses speed from it and will be doubled)

Edit: Fiona is possible to use, if you boss abuse her to promotion on 1-7

Edited by core34510

Lyre as worst. You have absolutely no reason to use her. Fiona as second worst. She has decent growths and innate imbue, but her bases suck and she's downright impossible to use because the only chapters she use usable in Part 1 are 1-7 and 1-E. She's also really no use in 3-6 either. Meg is next, she has good growths, but in the wrong places. she gets low str, average def, lowish hp, while she has high speed and resistance. Astrid is the best of this group because she can at least OHKO things with killer bow. Also longbow utility(Don't get her attacked while she has it equipped, she loses speed from it and will be doubled)

Shouldn't you be able to boss abuse Lyre a little in 3-4 as well? And healing urn abuse Meg in 1-4?

Shouldn't you be able to boss abuse Lyre a little in 3-4 as well? And healing urn abuse Meg in 1-4?

To be fair, yes, But there is no reason to abuse Lyre. She is never required and you will always have units better than her available. Meg can be abused, however, she doesn't need it as much to be usable. The main reason that DB units should be abused is for part 3, when every unit can come, and the crap units can at least guard a balcony on 3-13.

To be fair, yes, But there is no reason to abuse Lyre. She is never required and you will always have units better than her available. Meg can be abused, however, she doesn't need it as much to be usable. The main reason that DB units should be abused is for part 3, when every unit can come, and the crap units can at least guard a balcony on 3-13.

That's bad logic. You might as well say you should never use Ilyana or Skrimir, since they are never required and you always have better units available.

And even when abused, Meg is never that great. She's not better than Edward or Aran or Nolan are when abused.

That's bad logic. You might as well say you should never use Ilyana or Skrimir, since they are never required and you always have better units available.

And even when abused, Meg is never that great. She's not better than Edward or Aran or Nolan are when abused.

The only people that I said she was better than was Lyre and Fiona. And it isn't bad logic. Why would you waste time abusing a character that is useless.(Ilyana and Skrimir aren't what I would describe as useless.)

The only people that I said she was better than was Lyre and Fiona. And it isn't bad logic. Why would you waste time abusing a character that is useless.(Ilyana and Skrimir aren't what I would describe as useless.)

But they are never required, and you will always have better units available than them, which was your reason for shooting down Lyre.

But they are never required, and you will always have better units available than them, which was your reason for shooting down Lyre.

Yes, in fact, most units aren't required. I suppose required is a bad way to say what I'm trying to tell you. What I mean is, Lyre isn't going to be useful do to many things, while the other bad characters can be useful with more training and having weapons helps too. I'm really not going to continue to argue Lyre as worst, as this is an opinion topic. I was merely supporting my opinion before.

Woohoo old thread, here I go.

My suckiest character? Lyre. She has the same base attack as Mist and joins four chapters later. Augh. And she's a cat. Double augh.

BTW, welcome to Serenes Forest.

This. Lyre! Gah!

Yes, that means you Volug and Ranulf. I hate you two most of all for wasting one deployment space on your forced entry for like 100 chapters in the game.

Frankly I like both Fiona and Astrid. With a little babying then a forged lance, Fiona can be helpful to the DB which needs additional units. Her canto allows her to help chip away at units on 3-6 and then retreat to safety.

"Volug sucks" and "X unit is good when babied" in the same post? Christ. Just to recap, Volug does not suck and everyone is good when babied. With the possible exception of Lyre. This applies to all the other "X unit is good when babied" posts, too.

giving 1 bexp to Volug requires more than feeding 90bexp to Fiona.

He doesn't suck (@ Volug) but he'll start to be less useful after part 1 or endgame part 1.

Edited by Queen_Elincia