• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst part about breeding in Pokemon is hatching Pokemon with undesired natures. Even though there are ways to help with that, it's a pain when the parent has an undesired nature.

Why, Grimm, my Calm male Serperior why.

The worst part about breeding in Pokemon is hatching Pokemon with undesired natures. Even though there are ways to help with that, it's a pain when the parent has an undesired nature.

Why, Grimm, my Calm male Serperior why.

It becomes worse when you're trying to breed for a specific ability/nature combo... :/

Netplay?

Yeah. As in, if your PS3 can play online. I added that "if you have" bit because unlikely as it is, maybe you've got some connection issue that doesn't let you play online or something. Just weird wording on my part.

In unrelated news, I'm out of fruit punch whyyyyyyyyy

IVs

That is all

Nature + Ability + IVs = X<

Breeding in a nutshell

There's also stuff like Eggmoves but those aren't nearly as tedious.

Edited by Zak defender of...

Yeah. As in, if your PS3 can play online. I added that "if you have" bit because unlikely as it is, maybe you've got some connection issue that doesn't let you play online or something. Just weird wording on my part.

In unrelated news, I'm out of fruit punch whyyyyyyyyy

Oh, yeah, I'll add ya then.

Nope, nuh uh no sir. I find IVs too much of a pain to worry about outside of simulators.

Pretty much the point.

Abilities are a 33% chance at worst and nature can be fixed with a parent with the desired nature holding an Everstone, which is another 50% chance.

IVs are awful.

Edited by Dio

I don't even know what a nature does to a pokemon ;( Except it has some effect with poffins and contests maybe? That's something I never did anything with anyway.

It also changes the stats. One stat will be increased and another will be decreased. Either that or it'll have no effect

It also changes the stats. One stat will be increased and another will be decreased. Either that or it'll have no effect

Who would have ever thought that quirky and serious pokemon personalities would have the same effect on stats!!??

Abilities are a 33% chance at worst and nature can be fixed with a parent with the desired nature holding an Everstone, which is another 50% chance.

Uhh, why 33% on abilities?

I don't even know what a nature does to a pokemon ;( Except it has some effect with poffins and contests maybe? That's something I never did anything with anyway.

Like Freohr said, natures affect Pokemon stat growth. (e.g. Modest is + Sp. Atk, - Atk)

Uhh, why 33% on abilities?

Like Freohr said, natures affect Pokemon stat growth. (e.g. Modest is + Sp. Atk, - Atk)

They may have 3. As in, if a pokemon has 2 possible abilities, you have a 50% chance of getting the one you want. If a pokemon has 3 possible abilities, you have a 33.33333...% chance.

Edited by Sirius

They may have 3. As in, if a pokemon has 2 possible abilities, you have a 50% chance of getting the one you want. If a pokemon has 3 possible abilities, you have a 33.33333...% chance.

But I thought Pokemon with multiple abilities could only have one of two abilities, not counting Dream World abilities? Unless I'm missing something...

Edited by Golden Cucco