• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

The timing for the broken forum was awful, but it seems I have some explaining left to do, so here I go.

[spoiler=About how the thing was handled]

Please don't act like this hasn't been a common complaint for at least 2 years.

Do you people know what being nice has only accomplished so far? Replies like this :

Ah yes, the typical disdain to greetings... ah well. *shrugs*

When people don't listen, I don't mind repeating something more harshly, because from experience, it helps get a person's attention way more easily, and then you can switch back to being constructive in a way that is more civil, which if you actually paid attention and didn't jump to your conclusions and your bandwagons, is exactly what I did.

If there's one thing that I find disrespectful in the first place, it is to waste other people's time. This is something that didn't only bother me but several people, and as I've already said, I have no problem about voicing what a part of the community thinks, especially when a solution can be found without any person sacrificing anything. And, it was really easy here : Stop posting pointless posts, and go on with the rest as normal. Everybody wins this way, but nope, Acacia simply couldn't take the criticism and change one thing that would benefit everyone.

And frankly, if you didn't mind these posts :

1) You probably don't make it a point to read everything here.

2) It doesn't matter because some people were bothered by it and it wouldn't have affected you either.

I choose to participate actively in discussions forums (as they're called) because I'm interested in having discussions with people and hear their opinions about diverse topics, and I avoid chats as much as I can because I'm not interested in idle chatter.

Choice is the keyword here. If Acacia wants to tell people about his sleep schedule without offering any discussion about it, it's completely fine, but you know what? The internet offers a lot of media like Twitter or blogs for that. And you know what is great about them? You, the reader, actually have the choice to follow it, if it's something you're interested in. A discussion forum however, is not the place for that.

Some people will argue that this is a chat thread or something like that, but it really isn't. In my view, it is a discussion thread where people can have entertaining or interesting discussions about topics that don't really deserve their own threads. It also really is a convenient place because you can have multiple conversations about different topics going on in the same place.

Some will also argue that this shouldn't be a problem because it's in FFTF for fuck's sake. And yes it is, for the lack of a better place. And just because you're allowed to spam, doesn't mean that you should.

Actually, I'm not even bothered by spam much in the way people view it. Posts with only a "LOL" or "I agree" are fine in my book, because they actually express something, like amusement or an agreement and sometimes, it's really all you need. Spam in its email definition shouldn't be allowed anywhere though : "Something that is unsollicited or undesired", and that's exactly what Acacia did with his greetings and leaving messages.

If you think it wasn't that bad, I invite you to do a quick search to see for yourself, and keep in mind that 200 posts is the search limit.

And if any of you disagree with this, then please tell me what was interesting about knowing Acacia left for school, sleep, or that the weather in Mexico was nice that day.

Additionally, Acacia didn't offer much of an opinion. Much of his posts consisted of "It's interesting" and left it at that, which again has no meaning at all, because what's actually interesting is not what people think, but why they think it.

Again, quick search for everyone to see and judge for themselves.

Again, I'm not saying that all his posts were like that and some of his discussions with Loki, Rei Rei, etc. were completely fine.

Heck, I learned from him why clocks use IIII rather than IV and for that I'm grateful to him, because I enjoy learning new things.

But all the pointless stuff was simply an eyesore.

[spoiler=About judging Acacia's posts specifically]

I've seen people talking about this so...

There's only two instances where I did it and both were because Acacia thought it was a good idea to criticize people first without contributing to anything else.

The first instance was here :

Respect is something to be earned, not delivered on a silver platter... then again, the standards of this place are... well, who knows...

And the second was here :

Weird topic of conversation...

And it's not even that I personally feel attacked by those.

It's that he was criticizing a group of people without explanation or contributing to the conversation.

[spoiler=About Acacia being here for friendship]

in theory yeah

in practice it's like trying to gain the approval of the established members of the thread so that you could gain their friendship

why do you think a few of us have put people on ignore? they post here but we don't care about their ramblings and they don't want to leave

First off, Acacia didn't want any friends when he first joined. He made it a point that we shouldn't include him in anything we did.

He also said that he was here as a test of endurance because he thought people here were frigging terrible and that would help him deal with it IRL.

Actual quote :

Well, to be honest, I see this more as a test of endurance. I kinda need to deal with this IRL lest I get into potential trouble for it, so online will do for now. The fact I've lasted more than half a year here says I'm making a very good progress... or I'm near the verge of cracking up and suffering a breakdown...

Eventually, he did change his mind a bit I guess, and I do get that he had problems socializing.

But the way he was going it was still off imo, because he was never going out of his comfort zone and just repeated the same things everyday.

[spoiler=About making this public vs PM]

I do have some things that I brought to PM after this.

This was made public hoping some people who were also displeased with the posts would voice their opinion.

[spoiler=About Ayanami]

I have way more respect for Ayanami than I have for Acacia, because even if his logic is off, at least he tries to explain things as much as he can.

[spoiler=About expressing displeasure VS staying silent]

I personally think anger is an absolutely great weapon, and that people should actually use it more, because it actually succeeds in making things change.

The only thing bad about it is when the anger is misdirected.

[spoiler=About ownership of the thread]

LOL

tl;dr and that's totally fine. Just don't go and make assumptions if you didn't though tyvm.

And thanks to the people who tried to analyze the situation before going dickdickdickdickdick

And with that, I covered everything I guess.

[spoiler=Tits]

So they had to crossdress Joshua not only once but twice huh.

Also I love it when I rise some questions and the story literally answer them 1 minute after.

Was wondering why the Colonel was telling the things about the succession to the bracers and bam. Answer.

It was pretty obvious that he was the villain from the beginning.

I didn't really get if he really wanted to replace the Queen because he thinks women are incompetent or if that was just an excuse?

Because dammit, he has a woman as his right hand

I should finish it now, so I'll get to the LoGH spoilers afterwards.

Edited by Marthur

Also I love it when I rise some questions and the story literally answer them 1 minute after.

can't tell if sarcastic or not

anyway i should read some more uddup

Well.... Marthur is this thread's Oberstein then

Yes \O/

I never knew that was Acacia's reason for entering this thread!

gosh i still have more things to comment on LoGH

It's funny how I know more than people about someone I supposedly don't care for.

can't tell if sarcastic or not

anyway i should read some more uddup

Totally honest here. I think it's great when I see something that strikes me as weird, but then they find a way to justify it.

And actually not finished because that last dungeon is damn confusing.

Edited by Marthur

It's funny how I know more than people about someone I supposedly don't care for.

you're a thorough regular!

i am only regular when I'm here :(

[spoiler=log of LoGH jennilogh more stuff ep 54 still sorry]part 3 here. more junk.

Re: Battle of Vermillion

SERIOUSLY wow how does Yang "defeat" the Imperial fleet when he is like 5 times outnumbered. such a miracle. and to think victory was "all but ensured" in the Imperial side, "only a matter of time". they couldn't have been more wrong. i guess there were many factors.

a) Alliance desperation/andrenaline

b) Miracle Yang's Fantastic Tactics

c) Overconfidence of Imperial fleet

d) Reinhard's hasty decision against the Asteroid fleet*

e) It is very difficult to manage a massive fleet like the Imperial's, especially when they all go in different directions.

*lol Yang commenting to Julian that he should copyright his tactics. did i mention that already? but now it brings to mind this: Alliance Asteroid Fleet™ flexible decoy fleet ahaha

Now I realize Reinhard's plan here wasn't necessarily well-thought. it'd be difficult to communicate with the far-off fleets, and who knows how long it would've took to subdue all those star systems(?). Muller got lucky when he did his job quickly. weeell this plan was made after Yang provoked him like 2 or 3 times. Reinhard's blood was boiling by then, so he wanted to quickly lure Yang and completely uhh rip him apart. oh well. Hilda saved him huh!

Yeah, Reinhard meant to surround Yang's fleet and obliterate them. but he was too slow and Yang surrounded him instead! And it's so sad to hear the casualties. they each lost roughly the same percentage, but considering the Imperial fleet was bigger they lost way more soldiers. and each side fought as if it was their final battle. one of Yang and Reinhard was going to go down. but neither did, and SO ended that battle. what some people even said/thought was a "pointless" battle. indeed, that battle itself didn't really achieve much. it's just so sad... how long will it take for both sides to recuperate?

Totally honest here. I think it's great when I see something that strikes me as weird, but then they find a way to justify it.

And actually not finished because that last dungeon is damn confusing.

it comes with being the thread's historian

alright then

i can understand that

i navigated smoothly through it... but it was my third time, too

who's your team?

you

Yeah ngl, judging him too. ;):

j/k

The timing for the broken forum was awful, but it seems I have some explaining left to do, so here I go.

[spoiler=About how the thing was handled]

Please don't act like this hasn't been a common complaint for at least 2 years.

Do you people know what being nice has only accomplished so far? Replies like this :

When people don't listen, I don't mind repeating something more harshly, because from experience, it helps get a person's attention way more easily, and then you can switch back to being constructive in a way that is more civil, which if you actually paid attention and didn't jump to your conclusions and your bandwagons, is exactly what I did.

If there's one thing that I find disrespectful in the first place, it is to waste other people's time. This is something that didn't only bother me but several people, and as I've already said, I have no problem about voicing what a part of the community thinks, especially when a solution can be found without any person sacrificing anything. And, it was really easy here : Stop posting pointless posts, and go on with the rest as normal. Everybody wins this way, but nope, Acacia simply couldn't take the criticism and change one thing that would benefit everyone.

And frankly, if you didn't mind these posts :

1) You probably don't make it a point to read everything here.

2) It doesn't matter because some people were bothered by it and it wouldn't have affected you either.

I choose to participate actively in discussions forums (as they're called) because I'm interested in having discussions with people and hear their opinions about diverse topics, and I avoid chats as much as I can because I'm not interested in idle chatter.

Choice is the keyword here. If Acacia wants to tell people about his sleep schedule without offering any discussion about it, it's completely fine, but you know what? The internet offers a lot of media like Twitter or blogs for that. And you know what is great about them? You, the reader, actually have the choice to follow it, if it's something you're interested in. A discussion forum however, is not the place for that.

Some people will argue that this is a chat thread or something like that, but it really isn't. In my view, it is a discussion thread where people can have entertaining or interesting discussions about topics that don't really deserve their own threads. It also really is a convenient place because you can have multiple conversations about different topics going on in the same place.

Some will also argue that this shouldn't be a problem because it's in FFTF for fuck's sake. And yes it is, for the lack of a better place. And just because you're allowed to spam, doesn't mean that you should.

Actually, I'm not even bothered by spam much in the way people view it. Posts with only a "LOL" or "I agree" are fine in my book, because they actually express something, like amusement or an agreement and sometimes, it's really all you need. Spam in its email definition shouldn't be allowed anywhere though : "Something that is unsollicited or undesired", and that's exactly what Acacia did with his greetings and leaving messages.

If you think it wasn't that bad, I invite you to do a quick search to see for yourself, and keep in mind that 200 posts is the search limit.

And if any of you disagree with this, then please tell me what was interesting about knowing Acacia left for school, sleep, or that the weather in Mexico was nice that day.

Additionally, Acacia didn't offer much of an opinion. Much of his posts consisted of "It's interesting" and left it at that, which again has no meaning at all, because what's actually interesting is not what people think, but why they think it.

Again, quick search for everyone to see and judge for themselves.

Again, I'm not saying that all his posts were like that and some of his discussions with Loki, Rei Rei, etc. were completely fine.

Heck, I learned from him why clocks use IIII rather than IV and for that I'm grateful to him, because I enjoy learning new things.

But all the pointless stuff was simply an eyesore.

[spoiler=About judging Acacia's posts specifically]

I've seen people talking about this so...

There's only two instances where I did it and both were because Acacia thought it was a good idea to criticize people first without contributing to anything else.

The first instance was here :

And the second was here :

And it's not even that I personally feel attacked by those.

It's that he was criticizing a group of people without explanation or contributing to the conversation.

[spoiler=About Acacia being here for friendship]

First off, Acacia didn't want any friends when he first joined. He made it a point that we shouldn't include him in anything we did.

He also said that he was here as a test of endurance because he thought people here were frigging terrible and that would help him deal with it IRL.

Actual quote :

Eventually, he did change his mind a bit I guess, and I do get that he had problems socializing.

But the way he was going it was still off imo, because he was never going out of his comfort zone and just repeated the same things everyday.

[spoiler=About making this public vs PM]

I do have some things that I brought to PM after this.

This was made public hoping some people who were also displeased with the posts would voice their opinion.

[spoiler=About Ayanami]

I have way more respect for Ayanami than I have for Acacia, because even if his logic is off, at least he tries to explain things as much as he can.

[spoiler=About expressing displeasure VS staying silent]

I personally think anger is an absolutely great weapon, and that people should actually use it more, because it actually succeeds in making things change.

The only thing bad about it is when the anger is misdirected.

[spoiler=About ownership of the thread]

LOL

tl;dr and that's totally fine. Just don't go and make assumptions if you didn't though tyvm.

And thanks to the people who tried to analyze the situation before going dickdickdickdickdick

And with that, I covered everything I guess.

I think your biggest problem here is you assume everyone thinks what you are thinking. Thats really untrue and most people didnt really get horribly annoyed by Acacia's posts. You are under the assumption everyone is immediately going to agree with you. So what if Acacia was something of a brick wall, you had the guy on Ignore. Ive really never heard people complain about him or his posts. It seemed to me that everyone was either indifferent to him, or just was on ok terms with him. If there's an issue with someone in the thread, people usually say something. From what i could tell, yer the only one who said something.

So forgive me, but you still look like the colossal jerk from here. |:/

There have been other complaints before~ They were probably all just a while ago...

Idr to what extent those complaints went though

Edited by Freohr Datia

There have been other complaints before~ They were probably all just a while ago...

Its likely if there were more than one complaint, it was before i was really active in here. But still...The reasoning feels really uncomfortable seeing how some people do tend to smalltalk or restrict their comments to the weather, in order to not rock the boat...? And saying Ayanami is better than Acacia is just gross imo.