The official Claim a Character thread

Kriemhild

OP finally updated, though I need Shirley's approval of the rules and stuff before they become valid.

For everybody, feel free to make suggestions or ask questions regarding the rules and such.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the risk of having Kalas attack me again

Shirley, share DeRosso?

Huh.

Hmmmm.......... I'll think about it.

In the meantime, I claim the Muse class from the Aion MMORPG.

*reads OP*

This means that a user's claim on a character can be completely ignored if the user was inactive for at least six months.

Wait, why is this for six months and the sharing is two? >_> Edited by Magnolia

Wait, why is this for six months and the sharing is two? >_>

Because outright removing their claim is a much bigger issue than simply allowing shares without permission. They may never even get their character back even though they were able to claim the character completely legitimately. So it's necessary to have a significantly larger period of inactivity to force complete removal of a claim.

The specific durations can be changed though. What would you suggest?

OP finally updated, though I need Shirley's approval of the rules and stuff before they become valid.

For everybody, feel free to make suggestions or ask questions regarding the rules and such.

2014/03/23: The day Proto stole OP.

Never forget.

Because outright removing their claim is a much bigger issue than simply allowing shares without permission. They may never even get their character back even though they were able to claim the character completely legitimately. So it's necessary to have a significantly larger period of inactivity to force complete removal of a claim.

The specific durations can be changed though. What would you suggest?

Hmm... I suppose... but six months... maybe three? I don't know, I suppose six makes sense too...

Hmm... I suppose... but six months... maybe three? I don't know, I suppose six makes sense too...

Well, we want it to be long enough that nobody can feel like there's any injustice in outright taking away their claims and possibly being denied even a share of them, even though they have legitimately claimed the character previously.

And for those who want to take the character, they can still guarantee a share as early as two months after inactivity. It's only the exclusivity that requires them to wait longer, which I don't think is significant enough for them to whine about four more months being too long.

One month sounds too less for forced sharing though. People might be incredibly busy or something. How much time would you suggest for allowing claim removal?

Claiming Jill, if valid.

Can never seem to decipher these search pages.

Edited by Jprebs

Claiming Jill, if valid.

Can never seem to decipher these search pages.

If you're talking about Jill Fizzart from FE9/10, she was shared between Gio and El Ray Leon, if I'm reading it right. Both are inactive, so go ahead.

So I see we have the rules on the first page at last.

I still need Shirley's approval though. She seems to object to the inactivity durations, so we have to settle that first.

I still need Shirley's approval though. She seems to object to the inactivity durations, so we have to settle that first.

Yes, but we still need the rules to be in the first page, because in another case every rule we talk about would be like the next guy that comes in and makes up a rule on their own...

Also regarding the inactivity I am not sure what would be the perfect duration of inactivity.

I believe it would be better if the person received a message or something informing them about the need for share or inactivity and if they didn't reply in about 3 days their claims should be considered released.

But that's just me...

Edited by James Bond

Yes, but we still need the rules to be in the first page, because in another case every rule we talk about would be like the next guy that comes in and makes up a rule on their own...

Okay, yeah, which was the whole point of putting the rules in the OP in the first place.

Also regarding the inactivity I am not sure what would be the perfect duration of inactivity.

I believe it would be better if the person received a message or something informing them about the need for share or inactivity and if they didn't reply in about 3 days their claims should be considered released.

But that's just me...

This actually sounds like a really good idea...

But if they weren't here anyway how would they get the message.

Email notifications. If they left SF while disabling all email notifications, they probably don't care about stuff that goes in here.