The official Claim a Character thread

Kriemhild

Proto and I talked.

The Idoun I claimed is the Idoun of my FE story. And the characters of Idenn that spells her name.

With that, they're mine 100%

I sense blatant lies.

Quotes or it didn't happen.

Edited by Locke Cole

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would still prefer a period of shared priority, but I can see why exclusive priority would be preferred, especially given the exclusive nature of claims in the first place. All in all, I'd approve of this.

Also, we ought to have standards for something like, before you claim the character from the inactive, check the search to see if other expressed interest, and if so, then they have priority (you should still make a post stating your intentions, so that you have at least a bit of priority, ofc).

Note that you have priority even if (or especially if, I guess :P: ) you expressed interest before the original claimant went inactive.

Well, they don't need to do the searching themselves. They can express interest and then me or somebody else can check who has the highest priority for the character. I don't want to make things complicated for new people who just want to claim characters in the simplest way possible.

Shirley Proto share Kirigiri please.

I still want a share of Fujisaki Chihiro. I'm not asking you to drop Chihiro, I just want a share.

Three names, One character. Difference of name claim. I'm pretty sure I can claim the names that you didn't claim~

This is about claiming characters, not claiming names. If it's the same character, she's been claimed regardless of what names the original claimer used.

It's called loophole.

Pretty sure the rules also state that you shouldn't exploit loopholes. But anyway, it's not a loophole because the rules are all about claiming characters. Different names are not relevant to the claim itself, but are only encouraged for aiding searches.

Proto and I talked.

The Idoun I claimed is the Idoun of my FE story. And the characters of Idenn that spells her name.

With that, they're mine 100%

Here's how it works. You have to make it clear who the character was that you claimed. If you say you claimed "Idoun", then the default understanding would be the FE6 understanding. This character has already been claimed by Al. Therefore, you cannot claim "Idoun" that way. If you wish to claim a different character, you must distinguish this character from the "Idoun" that Al claimed. This distinction must be made in the thread and any place where you may wish to advertise your claims. Also, it is necessary for you mention the source material of your character as well.

So if you want to claim an original character that you yourself have created for a fanfic, which is distinctly different from the Idoun that Al claimed, then claiming this character is perfectly acceptable provided that you make this distinction very clear whenever your claim is referenced. The source material should naturally be whatever your fanfic is called. Your claim must not deceive other people to think that you have claimed the Idoun that Al claimed.

Is that clear?

Right, so I was recently reminded that this is still a thing, so may as well just make things easier for the lot of you I guess. Dropping all claims except the one that everyone should realize but I'll say it anyway because one snarky bastard will try to ruleshark me and I know it'll happen, Mia.

Have a good day or something I dunno

Assuming that Al or somebody else doesn't have a share on Marisa, Duck will automatically get her once 24 hours have passed since Ether's drop iff Ether doesn't change his mind by then. Ether will still have another 24 hours to share Marisa without needing Duck's permission. Beyond that (48 hours since drop), Ether will need Duck's permission for sharing. I hope that clarifies how the drops work.

Unless Al or somebody does still have a share of Marisa, in which case Duck will need their permission to share.

Same thing with Fir, but tracking her down is hell because three-letters.

Edited by Railgun

I claim Marisa and Fir

Guys, could you edit in "Sword of Seals" and/or "Binding Blade," as well as "Sacred Stones" into whatever posts you made claiming people? Ease of searching is important, especially for Fir.

Yeah, mentioning the source material is now a necessity, not just a request.

Also, regarding the Idoun issue, Fborn has yet to actually make a valid claim.

Right, so I was recently reminded that this is still a thing, so may as well just make things easier for the lot of you I guess. Dropping all claims except the one that everyone should realize but I'll say it anyway because one snarky bastard will try to ruleshark me and I know it'll happen, Mia.

Have a good day or something I dunno

I have trouble remembering who else you had a claim on besides Mia. Hrm... You had Dia, Pop, Luna, and Fatima, didn't you... (Or, at the least, I think you had the latter three)

Edited by Levant Caprice

I had a decent chunk of things(really should have left the list up or atleast posted it here lol, oh well) but they were included in it, I remember that much.

All of Ether's posts

Note that if Ether shared characters with active users, those active users will still have those characters. So if you want any of Ether's characters, you need to find out if anybody else has them and get their permission.