The official Claim a Character thread

Kriemhild

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

danganronpa 2, need to remember to do that

Please edit DanganRonpa 2 into your original claiming post.

Requesting claim share of Maebara Keiichi and Sonozaki Shion

Why do I have a feeling Lae is going to yell at me to go finish arcs 5-8 first

(Higurashi)

Edited by Blyvern

I claim Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu from Danganronpa 2

oi oi

I did that last night, along with Mondo, Gundam, Peko & Fatogami

Shirley just never updated it on the master list

oh nevermind then

You know you COULD ask for a share...

but like, I don't have anything to do with it, sooo

:shrug:

Also, because Ether was the original claimer of Florina from FE7/Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, can I claim her when the 24 hours is up? (I assume any other claims after him and before his post of releasing claims is invalid?)

oi oi

I did that last night, along with Mondo, Gundam, Peko & Fatogami

Shirley just never updated it on the master list

I couldn't find another post on Gundamn so I didn't add that one because I only found your post asking Emerald for a share and not an exclusive claim. I'll add that now then.

Master list updated.

Edited by Magnolia

Assuming that Al or somebody else doesn't have a share on Marisa, Duck will automatically get her once 24 hours have passed since Ether's drop iff Ether doesn't change his mind by then. Ether will still have another 24 hours to share Marisa without needing Duck's permission. Beyond that (48 hours since drop), Ether will need Duck's permission for sharing. I hope that clarifies how the drops work.

Unless Al or somebody does still have a share of Marisa, in which case Duck will need their permission to share.

I don't ever recall claiming Marisa, so Duck's free to do whatever he wants regarding that. As far as I know, anyways.

Unfortunately, they don't count since I already claimed the two names beforehand.

Why are you complaining? You despite Idoun name, which is completely against you.

Either give up on Idoun and Idenn and take Idun for yourself, or be hypocritical and go against your belief for the sake of having names you hates to not belong to anyone?

Here's how it works. You have to make it clear who the character was that you claimed. If you say you claimed "Idoun", then the default understanding would be the FE6 understanding. This character has already been claimed by Al. Therefore, you cannot claim "Idoun" that way. If you wish to claim a different character, you must distinguish this character from the "Idoun" that Al claimed. This distinction must be made in the thread and any place where you may wish to advertise your claims. Also, it is necessary for you mention the source material of your character as well.

So if you want to claim an original character that you yourself have created for a fanfic, which is distinctly different from the Idoun that Al claimed, then claiming this character is perfectly acceptable provided that you make this distinction very clear whenever your claim is referenced. The source material should naturally be whatever your fanfic is called. Your claim must not deceive other people to think that you have claimed the Idoun that Al claimed.

Is that clear?

What Proto said in these two particular paragraphs pretty much covered what I want to say in regards to this. I don't think such a claim would be valid if it's supposed to be the same character.

Edited by Just call me Al

Umm... so I PMed both Psych and Dallas and they both said I can claim Yumina from Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem sooooooo...

also, I have first dibs on Florina from Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword after Ether's post.

Oh Damn, I legitimately wanted the claim on.Florina. Uh... so... Uh... Shirley, when you claim Florina, would you mind sharing her with me?

Also claiming Female!Soren

Shirley, share Malliesia?

Sure.

Oh Damn, I legitimately wanted the claim on.Florina. Uh... so... Uh... Shirley, when you claim Florina, would you mind sharing her with me?

Don't mind, so sure.

Also sharing Sirius from Fire Emblem 12 with Levant (Astra said I can take him so).

Edited by Magnolia

I HAVE CLAIM KAGA KOKO, LINDA, BANRI TADA, CHINAMI OKA, NANA, MITSUO YANAGISAWA, SATO TAKAYA (2-D-kun) from the anime Golden Time (Don't ask why one of them is naked, I don't know either.)

And I officially claims the characters Idoun and Mark, from my own hack/fanfiction, Realm of Dragons.

And the characters that spell the name of Idenn. 遺伝

And I officially claims the characters Idoun and Mark, from my own hack/fanfiction, Realm of Dragons.

Two things:

1. Your profile should specify that Realm of Dragons is your own hack/fanfiction.

2. There is still the possibility that somebody would think of Idoun as being the FE6 Idoun. So you need to add a note that clearly indicates this is not the case.

For example:

"Fire Emblem Realm of Dragons (my hack/fanfic): Idoun (Note: not to be confused with the Idoun from FE6)"

Claiming the two kanji characters 遺 and 伝 should be fine, I think.

Idoun, from my own hack/fanfiction, Realm of Dragons.

Seeing as it's clear in that fanfic that she's supposed to be the same character I have claimed, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to leave it to Proto to invalidate this claim. Way to get the hair color description wrong, btw. It's supposed to be silver. Not lavender.

Although, I will ask you this. With any of your claims, do you have any intention on sharing any of them?

Edited by Just call me Al

Okay, Fborn, people that have checked out you fanfic are informing me that the Idoun in your fanfic is the same person from FE6, but with a different personality. Is that correct?

If it is, then you may not claim the Idoun in your fanfic (even though the personality is your own creation).

Okay, Fborn, people that have checked out you fanfic are informing me that the Idoun in your fanfic is the same person from FE6, but with a different personality. Is that correct?

If it is, then you may not claim the Idoun in your fanfic (even though the personality is your own creation).

Wrong.

It is not the Idoun, but rather the futuristic Idoun, which doesn't exist within FE6. Therefore, she isn't Idoun of FE6.