Myers-Briggs Typology Test

Lux Aeterna

So recently I was bored and thought I could look up my personality. Off to google, and said personality test. First thing that came up was a Myers-Briggs test. *72 questions later* Interesting...

What I want to know is if you think these tests are accurate or not. This one really dived into who I was as a person. I found it... Mindbendingly accurate. But I want to know what you think. Are these things real, or just big blahs?

So here's the link to the test. http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

And here's the link to the results. http://typelogic.com/infj.html Why that one specifically? It was the result I got. : D Sweet. I'm the most rare of all types! : D

If you want, let us know what result you got. But it really is your business if you don't feel like sharing it.

Edited by Lux Aeterna

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most people are unthinkingly biased, when taking these types of tests, to categorize themselves and work towards maximizing on that perception of themselves despite what might be closer to their actual action.

I took the test a couple years ago, I was an INTJ/P (very close between the J and P). I bet its different now though.

I think most people are unthinkingly biased, when taking these types of tests, to categorize themselves and work towards maximizing on that perception of themselves despite what might be closer to their actual action.

I took the test a couple years ago, I was an INTJ/P (very close between the J and P). I bet its different now though.

The same mistake I made when I took the test the second time. I got INTJ when I was thinking too hard on it. Then, just today I took the test again. I told myself to answer straightaway after I saw the question. I did, and I got INFJ. Again.

I don't find anybody can be categorized as easily as a personality test that says "you are this archetype" tries to. There's probably more beneficial introspective shit out there to get into.

http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&...amp;c=counselor

INFJ

You are:

* very expressed introvert

* slightly expressed intuitive personality

* moderately expressed feeling personality

* moderately expressed judging personality

Very fitting, since I'm a future social worker. Taking these tests make me realize how eccentric I am, though - in some areas I'm as rational and pragmatic as can be, while in others I go strictly with my gut (for example, I firmly accept everything science has proven, but also have a definite belief in God). I also find it interesting that this test matches quite well with the astrological chart I made for myself a while back.

http://keirsey.com/handler.aspx?s=keirsey&...amp;c=counselor

INFJ

You are:

* very expressed introvert

* slightly expressed intuitive personality

* moderately expressed feeling personality

* moderately expressed judging personality

Very fitting, since I'm a future social worker. Taking these tests make me realize how eccentric I am, though - in some areas I'm as rational and pragmatic as can be, while in others I go strictly with my gut (for example, I firmly accept everything science has proven, but also have a definite belief in God). I also find it interesting that this test matches quite well with the astrological chart I made for myself a while back.

Heeeey you got the same result as me. : D Although, I want to be a lawyer... So I don't know how this personality could fit in with a lawyer career (besides the fact that I can see motives and feelings rather easily).

I'm an INFJ, apparently. Like Gandhi. Awesome.

And me, and Feanen. Guess this place is full of the rarest type. : D

ESFJ. :D

If memory serves, you are the second most common type.

Heeeey you got the same result as me. : D Although, I want to be a lawyer... So I don't know how this personality could fit in with a lawyer career (besides the fact that I can see motives and feelings rather easily).

It's a test based on classification via pseudo scientific means. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Plus, personality is quite malleable.

I took it yesterday and noticed this today.

Funny how things work, eh?

Anyhow, I'm an INTP, if anybody cares. I got the maximum possible thinking personality, which I thought was interesting.

Also, this board attracts people of a certain persuasion(i.e. FE fans), who share similar personalities. Thus, it isn't suprising that more people here are INFJ than in the general population.

INTJ.

It isn't always so good to put people in boxes, though.

I don't think the diversity of human personalities can really effectively fit in one of sixteen "slots".

I am a pretty analytical person, but it doesn't really define who I am. Everyone typically exhibits traits common to multiple personality types over the course of their lives, and they can also change.

I see the results I get as "what personality type am I exhibiting the most at the time I took the test". It really can't reliably be used to describe your whole life.

It can also help me try to understand I am having problems in life, but usually it's easy enough to figure out. That's why fortune-telling "works". It's not because the answers given are ambiguous (well, they are for the large part, but that's not what's remarkable about them), but because taking a specific answer to a question and trying to apply it to your life is like asking a friend for advice. It will always offer a new perspective to consider, which may or may not be helpful.

Edited by Pinken

• 1 year later...

Reviving this. As a psychology major, I'm surprised at how quickly people are dismissing this test as "too confining"- Meyers Briggs is one of the standards of the field. Great way to get a primary look into a person's character, and the results are usually startling accurate. Best of all, unless you're pretty familiar with how the test types people, it's a tough quiz to beat.

Anyway, I've taken this test several times over the years, and I consistently score ENXP (X meaning almost dead-center) with slight F leanings.

"Your Type is

ISTPIntrovertedSensingThinkingPerceiving Strength of the preferences % 56505011

ISTP type description by D.Keirsey

ISTP Identify Your Career with Jung Career Indicatorâ„¢ cap.gif ISTP Famous Personalities

ISTP type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

• moderately expressed introvert
  • moderately expressed sensing personality
  • moderately expressed thinking personality
  • slightly expressed perceiving personality"

Although the last Mysers-Briggs I took was different.

Reguardless, these tests only work with a much larger question pool- 72 YES/NO questions is not enough to determine any sort of personality, especially since some of those questions were repeats.

EDIT: though, reading the summary of this is pretty damn accurate.

Edited by Furby

Ugh, there's no answer for "it depends".

The only thing thing I can score consistently on is I. The rest is up to how I feel that day. Today it's ISTP.

If we get a large enough sample, I'd love to compile SF users' types and see how they compare to the general population. I'd put good money on us having some of the more unique (and introverted) types compared to average.

Still ENFJ several months apart. It so fits me.

# moderately expressed extravert

# moderately expressed intuitive personality

# moderately expressed feeling personality

# slightly expressed judging personality

The only reason for the E is most likely my meds. I am much more out-going than normal with them. A nice unexpected side-effect. lol

Edited by ∫ean

Hmm, why the hell not?

Is it just me, or do a lot of these questions seem redundant?

INTJ Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

Very Expressed Introverted

Moderately Expressed Intuition

Slightly Expressed Thinking

Slightly Expressed Judging

Yeah, sounds about right.