I am a ISTJ

Introverted   Sensing   Thinking   Judging
      67         38         75        22 

You are:

• -distinctively expressed introvert
    -moderately expressed sensing personality
    -distinctively expressed thinking personality
    -slightly expressed judging personality

That sounds about right, to be honest...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'm really surprised to see so many INTJs here. I'm INTJ myself, and have only met a couple of people in real life who share that typing. Perhaps the Fire Emblem series holds special appeal for our type?

It's always great to meet people who share your way of thinking, once you get into a conversation it's like meeting up with an old friend.

Edit: INTJ is known as "the Scientist".

I've seen a few such names. Personally, I prefer "the Mastermind".

I took the test twice, and I got INTJ. The numbers were different each time, but the description was the same.

• very expressed introvert
  • moderately expressed intuitive personality
  • distinctively expressed thinking personality
  • distinctively expressed judging personality

I'm "The Mastermind", which sounds cool, so I approve this result.

Plus it describes me pretty well.

I got INTJ

Introverted   Intuitive   Thinking   Judging
  	100 		12   	38   	67 

• very expressed introvert
  • slightly expressed intuitive personality
  • moderately expressed thinking personality
  • distinctively expressed judging personality

This is quite odd. As everyone else has pointed out, the SF boards seem to have a higher incidence of INTJs than that of the normal population. Interesting. However, when I took the Myers-Briggs typology test a couple months ago, I was an ISTJ, not an INTJ. I seem to be a combination of both types, which is pretty cool. Unfortunately, the only famous people who are INTJ are boring gov. figures like Alan Greenspan/Ben Bernanke (important jobs, but not quite my thing.

I'm more empathetic than the ISTJ/INTJ footprint would indicate, but I often don't show it, so I guess that I come off as the classic INTJ/ISTJ (ie. reserved) to people who don't know me. Well...I am pretty reserved, so I guess that it's accurate enough.

Your Type is

ENTP

Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving

Strength of the preferences %

11 38 12 11

"Clever" is the word that perhaps describes ENTPs best. The professor who juggles half a dozen ideas for research papers and grant proposals in his mind while giving a highly entertaining lecture on an abstruse subject is a classic example of the type. So is the stand-up comedian whose lampoons are not only funny, but incisively accurate.

ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their often-impressive skills. They tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. They sometimes confuse, even inadvertently hurt, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.

ENTPs are as innovative and ingenious at problem-solving as they are at verbal gymnastics; on occasion, however, they manage to outsmart themselves. This can take the form of getting found out at "sharp practice"--ENTPs have been known to cut corners without regard to the rules if it's expedient -- or simply in the collapse of an over-ambitious juggling act. Both at work and at home, ENTPs are very fond of "toys"--physical or intellectual, the more sophisticated the better. They tend to tire of these quickly, however, and move on to new ones.

ENTPs are basically optimists, but in spite of this (perhaps because of it?), they tend to become extremely petulant about small setbacks and inconveniences. (Major setbacks they tend to regard as challenges, and tackle with determin- ation.) ENTPs have little patience with those they consider wrongheaded or unintelligent, and show little restraint in demonstrating this. However, they do tend to be extremely genial, if not charming, when not being harassed by life in general.

In terms of their relationships with others, ENTPs are capable of bonding very closely and, initially, suddenly, with their loved ones. Some appear to be deceptively offhand with their nearest and dearest; others are so demonstrative that they succeed in shocking co-workers who've only seen their professional side. ENTPs are also good at acquiring friends who are as clever and entertaining as they are. Aside from those two areas, ENTPs tend to be oblivious of the rest of humanity, except as an audience -- good, bad, or potential.

Sounds about right.

• 1 month later...

I've done this test a few times and started as an ENTP my freshman year of high school, then two years later I was in the middle of Thinker and Feeler--now I believe I'm an ENFP fully. I remember getting 100% on the Extroverted section and 88% on the Intuitive.

This test says ESTP (Extraverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving).

Another one I took (where I answered 100 questions on a 1-5 scale) and I got ISFP (Introverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving).

In that test, there were individual personality fields:

Openness

This trait refers to the extent to which you prefer novelty versus convention. Approximately 24% of respondents have a lower openness raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who dislikes needless complexity, and prefers the familiar over the unusual. You might say that you are more conservative than many, but not to an extreme level, and that you value practical outcomes over flighty imagination.

Reflective question: How do you respond to people who have lots of new ideas?

Conscientiousness

This trait refers to the extent to which you prefer an organised, or a flexible, approach in life. Approximately 21% of respondents have a lower conscientiousness raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who is spontaneous and fun, and that you like to do unexpected things that make life that bit more interesting. You might say that you aren't completely unreliable, but you've been known to slip up on occasion.

Reflective question: How do you go about tackling a new task?

Extraversion

This trait refers to the extent to which you enjoy company, and seek excitement and stimulation. Approximately 40% of respondents have a lower extraversion raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who prefers low-key social occasions, with a few close friends. You might say that it's not that you are afraid of large parties; they're just not that fun for you.

Reflective question: How do you like to spend your spare time?

Agreeableness

This trait refers to the way you express your opinions and manage relationships. Approximately 73% of respondents have a lower agreeableness raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who people get along with easily. Your responses suggest that you would say you are considerate and friendly, and think that other people are generally honest and decent.

Reflective question: Is your co-operative preference ever taken advantage of by others?

Neuroticism (Emotional stability)

This trait refers to the way you cope with, and respond to, life's demands. Approximately 21% of respondents have a lower neuroticism raw percentage than yours. From the way you answered the questions, you seem to describe yourself as someone who is calm and emotionally stable. Based on your responses, you come across as someone who is rarely bothered by things, and when they do get you down the feeling does not persist for very long.

Reflective question: When do your emotions (or lack of emotions) get in the way of good decision making?

You can view that one here on Facebook: http://apps.facebook.com/mypersonality/index.php

• 2 years later...