Let's Discuss The TearRing Saga.

Alacalibur

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ehh, I know that this could be on the suggestion board, but since we are on this topic...

Why not creating a TearRing Saga forum?

I don't know why, but I found Tear Ring Saga to be far less entertaining than Fire Emblem. It feels like a really badly-done hack.

This is like the second or third TRS topic made since the forum was created, over a year ago o__o

Maybe if there was a forum, ppl would play it moar

Or show more interest. Then again the basic counter to this would be that the site already has a section on it and there's hardly interest spurred from such :/

I need to play it again. Last time I tried was on a computer that couldn't run the emulator past 30% speeds :E

I would play it, but emulating anything on a mac is retarded. I'm surprised I can emulate what I already can.

So I figured well I can just import it...but dammit, you need a japanese playstation to play it -_-;;

Greatly interested in playing it though. Anything that really seperates it from fire emblem?

Edited by Pretty Boi Wolf

Greatly interested in playing it though. Anything that really seperates it from fire emblem?

I don't think there's much at all. TRS is kind of based on FE2 though, moreso than FE8.

Well, one thing I can think of is don't expect staff users to be any good at combat. All the staff users seem to be utility units primarily.

Edited by VincentASM

I don't think there's much at all. TRS is kind of based on FE2 though, moreso than FE8.

Well, one thing I can think of is don't expect staff users to be any good at combat. All the staff users seem to be utility units primarily.

To be completely honest, that sounds fucking awesome to me.

Fro what I can gather of the video footage I've seen...

-Exp system is like FE1-3, with FE5's "Gain 10 exp for whiffing or being targeted" deal.

-I can see why people think Paladins are broken, considering early promo, and gaining levels just as fast as a normal unit. Lol Naron.

-Wtf is Barts doing here, and why is he one shotting people?

-Earlygame, Garo makes Ogma look like a useless douchebag.

-Oh great! I think the promotion system might work like FE1's *facepalm* and you get a knight's crest chapter 3....

Otherwise I can't find out much due to macs having shit for emulation, so I can't look into anything myself.

Narron has Elite too IIRC =/

Along with Blazing Wind (basically he now has twice the chance to crit), Canto, then freaking Continue and Big Shield just form promoting. On top of being a paladin with fantastic growths.

Freaking broken.

Speaking of which, Vega is FE5's Shiva with his own wtf sword and fucking Ambush of all things.

Narcus is Xane with lockpicking, ambush, continue.

Edited by Pretty Boi Wolf

It looks fun, but my Japanese is... not there. Are there any even remotely complete patches? Maybe something for the menus? I suppose a lot of it can be figured out. I think there's also a partial script translation, so the story's a little less of a problem.

After a lack of Book 2 screentime, Barts can only have so much bubblegum.

Lulz.

Anyways, another factor I've discovered, that being a god is not all it's cracked up to be, as it makes you suffer from Sety's Sickness. In FE5, Sety was nigh invincible as enemies couldn't hit him. So they did something smart, that being they just chose not to attack, even if he was the only one remotely in range. Well this game does the same but better, as enemies will move AWAY from them, and lure you towards a group of enemies that CAN take care of said god, and basically the enemy will play chicken with you. Do expect an intelligent AI here. Even in certain circumstances, the enemy will fall back to lure you. The game is pretty smart considering. If it's got the muscle to back it up though, I dunno. However, if you're gonna solo with a god, it's gonna take a loooooong time...

So with that in mind, gods lack enemy phase.

It looks fun, but my Japanese is... not there. Are there any even remotely complete patches? Maybe something for the menus? I suppose a lot of it can be figured out. I think there's also a partial script translation, so the story's a little less of a problem.

This site and GameFAQs, as well as other fan sites, can more than enough compensate for one's lack of moonspeak skillz.