Religion thread.

I take it since you mentioned nothing, you believe in nothing.

I am a Christian of the Baptist branch. We Baptists believe the Bible as our final authority as far as interpreting the ways of God, separation of the church and state, and a faith-only salvation (meaning the way to get in Heaven is the acceptance of Jesus as your Savior). While we use the name Baptist, baptism to us is a symbol, not a thing to get closer to God. Baptism is done through submerging under water (hence the Greek word "baptismo, meaning to submerge).

I take it since you mentioned nothing, you believe in nothing.

I am a Christian of the Baptist branch. We Baptists believe the Bible as our final authority as far as interpreting the ways of God, separation of the church and state, and a faith-only salvation (meaning the way to get in Heaven is the acceptance of Jesus as your Savior). While we use the name Baptist, baptism to us is a symbol, not a thing to get closer to God. Baptism is done through submerging under water (hence the Greek word "baptismo, meaning to submerge).

8]

I believe that the grim reaper is God. He is part of a giant star that is in the middle of the universe. But it was not always like this. The universe has existed for an unknown amount of time, and it was not created by any 'God'. A single living being in the universe, through sheer will and effort, gained the abilities of a God. This is God. Well, not anymore. He was slain by the grim reaper's best friend. The grim reaper's best friend then became God. He then had his power stolen from him, but his life spared as someone else became God. This person and the grim reaper's best friend were both killed by someone else who chose to become God, but before doing so hired an assassin. He had planned to kill the assassin simultaneously as he was killed so that the universe no longer had a God. He was too quick and killed the assassin. Then the grim reaper appeared and revealed that without a God the universe would implode. The grim reaper killed this person and became God. The grim reaper then learned how this universe worked. 6 giants As tall as the universe) were at 6 points in the universe, and they constantly expanded the universe. Nothing was outside the universe. If you went out of the universe you would just be at the other side of the universe. So yeah.

THIS MAKES PERFECT SENSE GODDAMMIT.

It sounds about as sensible as Scientology, in my opinion.

Hey now.

What if people believe that there's a cosmic Jewish zombie that was his own father who can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically accept him as your master so that he can remove from your soul an evil force that is present in humanity because a rib woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree. OH WAIT.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

It sounds about as sensible as Scientology, in my opinion.

Hey scientology makes perfect sense all it needs is a couple of italian plumbers and hey presto you have an IRL version of supermario