The Apology

Jyosua

Thanks for the apology. Now unban Blacken and I'll know you're serious. His ban was just as baseless as everyone else's and you know it.

In fact, there are numerous things I'd like to address, but I'll save that for a later post. For now I'll just say that if you think this makes things all hunky-dory between us and that we can all be one big happy family from now on, you are very, very mistaken.

Sorry, but I've deemed Blacken as Bad for Business. If you're going to remain pissed at me for solely that reason, then I don't know what to tell you.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but I've deemed Blacken as Bad for Business. If you're going to remain pissed at me for solely that reason, then I don't know what to tell you.

So who are you going to go to when something inevitably goes wrong with the site again?

So who are you going to go to when something inevitably goes wrong with the site again?

You've got to be kidding me.

Helping the site doesn't automatically allow one to be an ass and become immune to banning.

Seriously...

You've got to be kidding me.

Helping the site doesn't automatically allow one to be an ass and become immune to banning.

Seriously...

Thank you. You beat me to it (curse my watching the slap chop rap) it doesnt matter WHAT you do for a site, that doesn't make you immune to banning. Not even if you were the admin's sex toy XD

Thank you. You beat me to it (curse my watching the slap chop rap) it doesnt matter WHAT you do for a site, that doesn't make you immune to banning. Not even if you were the admin's sex toy XD

Oh my God I love that video so much.

Also Fox, let it go for now. If the time is right at any other time (lol), it'll happen, but for now see it as baby steps.

For your information, when the site got deleted, I redid EVERYTHING myself. Completely and utterly myself, from scratch. I don't need Ed's help.

(When I say everything, obviously reupdating the mainsite Vincent did, but the server setup I did.)

For your information, when the site got deleted, I redid EVERYTHING myself. Completely and utterly myself, from scratch. I don't need Ed's help.

(When I say everything, obviously reupdating the mainsite Vincent did, but the server setup I did.)

I'm not referring specifically to that event, but if memory serves, you went straight to him when it happened and asked him for advice to correct the problem. In fact, you've sought his advice on several occasions, much of which has benefitted this site a great deal (you are performing weekly backups now, right?). Point being, while the man's effects on the memberbase of SF have been, to say the least, polarizing, he's done this site a service on several occasions and deserves another chance, if only so you can pester him for advice when something eventually goes terribly, terribly wrong. Why is it that there are different conditions for Blacken to be unbanned than there were for us three? He was banned under the same circumstances we were, and you have already admitted that our bans were a mistake.

Oh, and unban Blue for God's sake, his ban was the least justified out of all of them.

Edited by Urist McButcherdwarf

It certainly didn't help Suzaku.

I'm not referring specifically to that event, but if memory serves, you went straight to him when it happened and asked him for advice to correct the problem. In fact, you've sought his advice on several occasions, much of which has benefitted this site a great deal (you are performing weekly backups now, right?). Point being, while the man's effects on the memberbase of SF have been, to say the least, polarizing, he's done this site a service on several occasions and deserves another chance, if only so you can pester him for advice when something eventually goes terribly, terribly wrong. Why is it that there are different conditions for Blacken to be unbanned than there were for us three? He was banned under the same circumstances we were, and you have already admitted that our bans were a mistake.

Oh, and unban Blue for God's sake, his ban was the least justified out of all of them.

And he still acted like an ass. How much he helped the site doesn't just give him immunity to banning or the right to be a complete ass.

Seriously.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Fox. Just accept that Blacken isn't coming back. Jyo has made his decision. And you're only hurting yourself by continuing to argue.

Take it from me, a guy that was in your position before. Fighting for a guy that no one really likes that's banned and Jyo shows no intention of ever bringing him back, doesn't work out so well.

I'm not referring specifically to that event, but if memory serves, you went straight to him when it happened and asked him for advice to correct the problem. In fact, you've sought his advice on several occasions, much of which has benefitted this site a great deal (you are performing weekly backups now, right?). Point being, while the man's effects on the memberbase of SF have been, to say the least, polarizing, he's done this site a service on several occasions and deserves another chance, if only so you can pester him for advice when something goes eventually goes terribly, terribly wrong. Why is it that there are different conditions for Blacken to be unbanned than there were for us three? He was banned under the same circumstances we were, and you have already admitted that out bans were a mistake.

Wrong. Wrong. And last but definitely not least, WRONG. I did NOT run to him! I said something along the lines of "Oh god, you'll never believe what happened" - I never asked him for advice on getting the place back up and running. I did ask what he thought about lighttpd though, not that you have a fucking clue as to what that is. Secondly, I did not ask him for advice on the backups, until I had already set them up. Then I asked him his opinion on how often I should have them run, and he told me EXACTLY what I had already set it up for! He did us a service ONCE, and guess what, I should have taken Chris' advice and NEVER LET HIM NEAR SF. The one thing Chris warned me about with Blacken, is that once you let him contribute something, he will NEVER let you forget it, which makes it hard to ban him when he fucks things up. This should never be the case, as I recall something with FESS' history in which one of the founding Administrators was banned, despite all his contributions. Contributions =/= exclusion from the rules. End of story.

Oh and I forgot about Blueen, thanks for reminding me.

He was banned under the same circumstances we were, and you have already admitted that our bans were a mistake.

Yours perhaps but certainly not Mcminer/Der Komissar and BK. Those 2 should've been banned long ago, the fact that it took so long is a mistake.

Edited by Sirius

Who in the name of hell is Blue?

So yeah, he was an elitist jackass who treated everyone other than him as a lower lifeform than dirt. I think that's sound enough reason for him to be banned.

dohoho

Take it from me, a guy that was in your position before. Fighting for a guy that no one really likes that's banned and Jyo shows no intention of ever bringing him back, doesn't work out so well.

The difference is that Fox isn't an idiot?

dohoho

The difference is that Fox isn't an idiot?

1. In that topic I was trying to prevent exactly what wound up happening. The FESSers ended up pushing out all the usual users with their own elitism and fanboyism with eachother. They were the true elitists. I wanted to make sure that the FESSers would be treated as SFers, meaning that they had a clean slate as soon as they came in. They were neither better, nor worse than us. They were newbies on Serenes. Not people from FESS. Then they took over, established their own morals, and killed all the fun that we ever had.

2. DURRRRRRP *Drools.*

1. In that topic I was trying to prevent exactly what wound up happening. The FESSers ended up pushing out all the usual users with their own elitism and fanboyism with eachother. They were the true elitists. I wanted to make sure that the FESSers would be treated as SFers, meaning that they had a clean slate as soon as they came in. They were neither better, nor worse than us. They were newbies on Serenes. Not people from FESS. Then they took over, established their own morals, and killed all the fun that we ever had.

2. DURRRRRRP *Drools.*

Not all of the FESSers are like that. Your generalizations are quite poor. >_>

Blacken =/= All FESSers. >_>

2. DURRRRRRP *Drools.*

As said above Blacken=/=All FESSers, and if you generalize like that one more time, I'm warning you. We don't need that ancient prejudice arising again.

Name one original Serenes Forest member who was "pushed out" by the arrival of the FESS members.

Then they took over, established their own morals, and killed all the fun that we ever had.

What are we, communists? Jesus. If by "fun" you meant "pure idiocy", then yeah, I suppose we did take over. But not entirely, since apparently you've still got some of it in you.

Edited by Angelix

Name one original Serenes Forest member who was "pushed out" by the arrival of the FESS members.

Lyle. Lol, do I win?

:( Me. my 5000 post high horse was not pro enough for the FESS plauge.

sarcasm

Not all of the FESSers are like that. Your generalizations are quite poor. >_>

Blacken =/= All FESSers. >_>

As said above Blacken=/=All FESSers, and if you generalize like that one more time, I'm warning you. We don't need that ancient prejudice arising again.
What are we, communists? Jesus.

Okay okay. Sorry. My bad. I guess I did generalize and act like a jerk there. Sorry. Not all FESSers are bad of course. In fact, probably most of them are not. It's just that most of them don't like me for whatever reason, so I consider that most of them are bad. SRRY.

Also, if I'm the embodiment of crazy spammy fun.....YES!! I AM A GODDDDDD!!!!

And yeah, there's me, Masu, Princess Kilvas, Kiryn, TLS(LOL), and a few others I could come up with if I wasn't so lazy.

Edited by Lyle Dayek