The Apology

Jyosua

Alright, I've been delaying this because I have not talked to Steve about this yet, but I've decided to do this anyways, because I'm putting some faith in him that he'll do the right thing. And so it begins.

When I began this forum on Vincent's site, it was my intention to have a relaxed atmosphere where suggestions were very much welcome. However, a couple of days ago, I acted in completely the opposite manner. Not only this, but I did what an administrator should never do, and that is to slam the banhammer indiscriminately on people I viewed as a problem, even if they were bringing up legitimate issues. As such, I need to apologize to Cedric, Glenn, and Steve (Fox, BK, and whateverthefuckhecallshimselfnow respectively). These three have now been unbanned, because I have confidence in them that they will no longer act in the manner in which they did that caused me to react like that in the first place, even though I am as much at fault as they for reacting that way.

I also apologize to Ed, aka Blacken, for acting the way I did, however I am not unbanning him, as he never shows any remorse for the things he does, because all that matters to him is that he's right about what he's talking about, even if he has to break the rules to do it.

Overall, I have decided to change the manner in which things are done, the manner in which I react, and the amount of time it takes to get things done. Some of these changes will take time, but I am dedicated to attempting to make these changes as quickly as I can.

As a final note, I am saying this once. Suggestions are welcome. Constructive criticism is welcome as well. However, under no circumstances are people allowed to be dicks to each other, just because someone is not acting in the most intelligent way, or for any other reason for that matter! This is meant to be a friendly and welcoming environment, and I will not allow anybody to disrupt that any longer, mark my words.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was actually going to make this very same case, but I am glad to see you made those connections yourself. Thank you for owning up, and for unbanning three good (at least in my opinion) members. My faith in this place has gone up a bit.

It takes a good amount of courage to apologize for your own mistakes. Especially in the position that you're in. I salute you for doing so.

I don't know the exact details of what happened here (I rejoined only a day ago, lol), but it seemed things got rather intense. I just hope nobody will hold grudges (oh the irony of this coming out of my mouth) and everything will be peachy again. Apologies were given, so I see no reason not to return to the normal way of life.

Time to party hardy~ :wub:

I also apologize for the way I acted. It was unbecoming and, more importantly, ineffective in actually creating any change by being nearly completely malicious in nature.

Also, thanks for letting me keep all my warns. :3c I was sad when all my old ones got lost in the time warp, I think I'll be good for a least a little while now (har har).

Edited by California Mountain Snake

8] I am sufficiently satisfied now. Good job Jyo. If that's the appropriate thing to say here...

Edited by ZXValaRevan

This is great. It's about time you manned up.

I'm still admittedly a bit concerned that it took this much pushing for you to go through with this and the changes to the ticket system. You do realise that this is a cure for a symptom, and not the disease, right? You shouldn't have guys like us pushing you this hard on everything.

But this is a great start.

Reading these apologies makes me feel warm.

No wait, that's me pissing myself from hearing these three troublemakers have been unbanned, Joking of course, hehe.

Welcome back. Nice to see a positive atmosphere around here.

Congrats on your unbannings, dudes. Hopefully you'll prove that you earned it by actually being decent members for more than one week.

Pardon my skepticism, but I just can't help it. Hopefully, I'll be proven wrong.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Congrats on your unbannings, dudes. Hopefully you'll prove that you earned it by actually being decent members for more than one week.

Pardon my skepticism, but I just can't help it.

They've been decent members for a long time, both here and at other sites. Sword Saint is a past ROOT admin at FESS. Fox is a former moderator here. Who are you to question them?

Yay, resolving things is always nice! Let's eat Cheerios!

<3 to Jyo

They've been decent members for a long time, both here and at other sites. Sword Saint is a past ROOT admin at FESS. Fox is a former moderator here. Who are you to question them?

Not Fox. The other two. Again, I'm just skeptical. I'd be skeptical of any unbannings, really. That's all.

Give me time. I'll get used to it.

Also, I'm not trying to start an argument. Just stating a view from what I've seen.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

And yet, they've come here just to troll, apparently in a crusade to expose the fragility of rule enforcing here.

So... yeah. I hope they'll resume behaving, like they have in the past. I had a hard time recognizing Steve by the contents of his posts here, really.

EDIT: I'm talking about Steve and BK. Fox was way tamer, I admit.

Edited by Tiena

Well, this is good news. I'm just glad things settled down right now.

However, regarding what you just said Bus? I've got something I'd like to discuss with you in PM, seeing as how this is not the best place for this sort of thing...

Edit: Actually, looks like Tiena beat me to it and struck gold too...

Edited by WyvernSageLord

I think I may be the only one in the dark when it comes to what the hell has been happening lately.

Curse my ignorance. >_>

ppl fought.

ppl got banned.

ppl fought more.

ppl called jyo out.

jyo unbans after a few days.

probably not in chronological order but thats about the most of it.

Alright, I've been delaying this because I have not talked to Steve about this yet, but I've decided to do this anyways, because I'm putting some faith in him that he'll do the right thing. And so it begins.

When I began this forum on Vincent's site, it was my intention to have a relaxed atmosphere where suggestions were very much welcome. However, a couple of days ago, I acted in completely the opposite manner. Not only this, but I did what an administrator should never do, and that is to slam the banhammer indiscriminately on people I viewed as a problem, even if they were bringing up legitimate issues. As such, I need to apologize to Cedric, Glenn, and Steve (Fox, BK, and whateverthefuckhecallshimselfnow respectively). These three have now been unbanned, because I have confidence in them that they will no longer act in the manner in which they did that caused me to react like that in the first place, even though I am as much at fault as they for reacting that way.

I also apologize to Ed, aka Blacken, for acting the way I did, however I am not unbanning him, as he never shows any remorse for the things he does, because all that matters to him is that he's right about what he's talking about, even if he has to break the rules to do it.

Overall, I have decided to change the manner in which things are done, the manner in which I react, and the amount of time it takes to get things done. Some of these changes will take time, but I am dedicated to attempting to make these changes as quickly as I can.

As a final note, I am saying this once. Suggestions are welcome. Constructive criticism is welcome as well. However, under no circumstances are people allowed to be dicks to each other, just because someone is not acting in the most intelligent way, or for any other reason for that matter! This is meant to be a friendly and welcoming environment, and I will not allow anybody to disrupt that any longer, mark my words.

Glad to see this. I thought their banning was wholly unfair, it's cool to see it turned around.

I also apologize for the way I acted. It was unbecoming and, more importantly, ineffective in actually creating any change by being nearly completely malicious in nature.

Also, thanks for letting me keep all my warns. :3c I was sad when all my old ones got lost in the time warp, I think I'll be good for a least a little while now (har har).

That was actually unintentional, but if you want to keep them, then oh well.

And yet, they've come here just to troll, apparently in a crusade to expose the fragility of rule enforcing here.

So... yeah. I hope they'll resume behaving, like they have in the past. I had a hard time recognizing Steve by the contents of his posts here, really.

EDIT: I'm talking about Steve and BK. Fox was way tamer, I admit.

TheEnd pretty much hammered it here.

I honestly had no intentions on starting drama with my misgivings. But how they were at FESS has no bearings on the trolling done here on SF.

Again, I'm not talking about Fox.

That was actually unintentional, but if you want to keep them, then oh well.

Well if you want to take them off and reapply them with fun reasons for the warns that works too. Right now all I have are about 6 warns in the span of a few minutes, and there isn't even any funny commentary to go with it. :[

TheEnd pretty much hammered it here.

I honestly had no intentions on starting drama with my misgivings. But how they were at FESS has no bearings on the trolling done here on SF.

Again, I'm not talking about Fox.

I agree with this. I could be an admin on another site. That doesn't mean that if I troll and insult other members that I shouldn't be banned from here, just because I do a good job as an admin on another forum.

I can't help but feel like Jyo was pressured into making this decision. Like it wasn't his real intention to unban him. He himself said that there was a 99% chance that the bans would stay as they were, and while I suppose there's still that 1% chance that he had a change of heart, I still can't help but feel like that this was not his true intention.

But then again, now I'm the one pressuring Jyo to ban the people he unbanned, so I suppose it's hypocritical for me to say such things.

In the end, it's Jyo's decision. And if he decided to unban them, then I guess I have to deal with that. I'm not the admin, so I can't really say whether or not I would ban them from here or not.

If I WAS the admin, I'd ban everyone except myself so I can have the whole forum all to myself. I would spam up every forum until I started a flame war with myself and ended up banning myself for insulting my own religion.

Thanks for the apology. Now unban Blacken and I'll know you're serious. His ban was just as baseless as everyone else's and you know it.

In fact, there are numerous things I'd like to address, but I'll save that for a later post. For now I'll just say that if you think this makes things all hunky-dory between us and that we can all be one big happy family from now on, you are very, very mistaken.

I agree with this. I could be an admin on another site. That doesn't mean that if I troll and insult other members that I shouldn't be banned from here, just because I do a good job as an admin on another forum.

I can't help but feel like Jyo was pressured into making this decision. Like it wasn't his real intention to unban him. He himself said that there was a 99% chance that the bans would stay as they were, and while I suppose there's still that 1% chance that he had a change of heart, I still can't help but feel like that this was not his true intention.

But then again, now I'm the one pressuring Jyo to ban the people he unbanned, so I suppose it's hypocritical for me to say such things.

In the end, it's Jyo's decision. And if he decided to unban them, then I guess I have to deal with that. I'm not the admin, so I can't really say whether or not I would ban them from here or not.

Seriously guys, was I the only one who was amused by what BK and Der Komissar did here? Really? Sure complaints about the rules weren't things I always agreed with, but you can't really change that they were pretty entertaining folks, and most of what they said wasn't really that malicious. I mean, maybe they went a bit overboard, but they really weren't that bad at all. I liked them, and while I know some members think I should be banned, I'm pretty sure others members liked them too.

Now I'll need to wash the cock flavor out of my mouth.

Seriously guys, was I the only one who was amused by what BK and Der Komissar did here? Really? Sure complaints about the rules weren't things I always agreed with, but you can't really change that they were pretty entertaining folks, and most of what they said wasn't really that malicious. I mean, maybe they went a bit overboard, but they really weren't that bad at all. I liked them, and while I know some members think I should be banned, I'm pretty sure others members liked them too.

Now I'll need to wash the cock flavor out of my mouth.

I doubt you are the only one XD

Though it got old and stupid rather quickly :/

Oh and here's some mouthwash for ya :D

Thanks for the apology. Now unban Blacken and I'll know you're serious. His ban was just as baseless as everyone else's and you know it.

In fact, there are numerous things I'd like to address, but I'll save that for a later post. For now I'll just say that if you think this makes things all hunky-dory between us and that we can all be one big happy family from now on, you are very, very mistaken.

Well I dunno. I think there were plenty of reasons to ban Blacken.

-He was abuse to everyone.

-He made members feel unwelcome

-He was a constant troll.

-Though his arguments were usually logical, he treated everyone else like an insect.

So yeah, he was an elitist jackass who treated everyone other than him as a lower lifeform than dirt. I think that's sound enough reason for him to be banned.

But maybe that's just me.