Laura vs Rhys

Laura vs Rhys  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Laura
    • Rhys

Rhys, because I can use him to attack enemies (if I'm really desperate).

Laura is extremely valuble in part 1, but becomes pretty much redundant in part 3, due to Micaiah being able to use staves upon her promotion to 2nd tier (and starting at a C rank as well).

Of course, Elincia beats them all, anyway...

Rhys, for some reason i can never seem to be using laura unless the whole team is together. (which is rare since some maps are ridicously huge for 5-7 ppl. And i use sacrifice more than heal with laura.(which explains why micaiah can't us Rexaura)

*Obligatory Rhys fanboy post*

IT IS DEFINITELY RHYS! YES FOR 33 HP HEALING AT A TIME! FUCK YES! WHAT THE FUCK DOES LAURA HEAL, 15 HP? RHYS RULES!

*Waits for Aulin to start bitching about Rhys*

Edited by Joshybear25

*Obligatory Rhys fanboy post*

IT IS DEFINITELY RHYS! YES FOR 33 HP HEALING AT A TIME! FUCK YES! WHAT THE FUCK DOES LAURA HEAL, 15 HP? RHYS RULES!

*Waits for Aulin to start bitching about Rhys*

*awakens*

14 base speed. 35% growth. (Almost) Doubled by GENERALS, of all things. Blech, Rhys. Just....Blech. And he has to compete with Mist, who he's inferior to from the word go. Laura's the only healer in Part 1 (I'm not counting Sacrifice because that's limited by how much HP Micaiah has), which >>>>> being a healer that's immediately outclassed.

14 base speed. 35% growth. (Almost) Doubled by GENERALS, of all things. Blech, Rhys. Just....Blech. And he has to compete with Mist, who he's inferior to from the word go. Laura's the only healer in Part 1 (I'm not counting Sacrifice because that's limited by how much HP Micaiah has), which >>>>> being a healer that's immediately outclassed.
btw, laura's base mag is 8, so she's healing at least 18 with heal, and 28 with mend. And she has a 70% mag growth so that grows quickly.

Mist has 15 Spd at base and she can't attack for an exp bonus, whereas Rhys can, which means he's levelling faster. Base level Rhys w/ Mend can heal anything in the GMs (not counting Neph or Mordy or whatever) to full except Boyd at 1 HP. Mist heals Boyd 33 HP, which gets him to 34 HP, which is kinda dangerous since Boyd has piss-poor def. Sages also do fail damage to him, while he counters for about 1/3 HP.

I'll admit the 70% growth, though.

Mist has 15 Spd at base and she can't attack for an exp bonus, whereas Rhys can, which means he's levelling faster. Base level Rhys w/ Mend can heal anything in the GMs (not counting Neph or Mordy or whatever) to full except Boyd at 1 HP. Mist heals Boyd 33 HP, which gets him to 34 HP, which is kinda dangerous since Boyd has piss-poor def. Sages also do fail damage to him, while he counters for about 1/3 HP.

I'll admit the 70% growth, though.

She has a 50% speed growth to Rhys's 35%. Also, since you seem to praise Rhys's healing, I'll tell you that it's overkill. So what if Mist can't heal someone to full in one use? That's more experience for her the next turn. And Recover staves exist, as well. Also, you seem to exaggerate the Def-Res gap. Off the top of my head, the only enemy classes that have significantly more Defense than Resistance are Generals, Dragonmasters and Tigers (which the Mercenaries never run into). Plus, gj proving that Rhys is more durable against a rare type of enemy. Too bad that they're liable to ignore him in favor of someone else because of that.

Laura. she, built up properly can really be extremely useful. Having another set of physic arms is never bad in the DB chapters. Also when she promotes she can help kill stuff. For me she comes in handy on 3-13.

Laura's growths are insane, sure, but they are bad insane.

70% SKL is completely pointless when the only magic she can use is the most accurate kind in the game. I guess it makes Corona better, except that Corona sucks anyway, being one of the few masteries in the game that can actually fail to kill something when it activates.

It's nice to have 70% SPD, except that her SPD caps are complete garbage. 31 SPD in tier 3, congratuations for being tied for swiftness with Gatrie, who is a goddamn General. Also, I have no idea what the point of a SPD cap of 15 is in tier 1, considering that absolutely everyone else on her team is capped at 20. That makes her suck in tier 2, since she doesn't double diddly squat but now gets doubled by things.

Stupid, stupid, stupid. Saints got raped in this game. Whoever balanced them was on drugs.

Oh, but she's still better than Rhys.

Also when she promotes she can help kill stuff.

Which (given she'll only be getting 11 EXP per turn, for the majority of Part 1), won't be likely, unless you are playing on hard (or if you stuff a load of BEXP into her).

Edited by NinjaMonkey

She has a 50% speed growth to Rhys's 35%. Also, since you seem to praise Rhys's healing, I'll tell you that it's overkill. So what if Mist can't heal someone to full in one use? That's more experience for her the next turn. And Recover staves exist, as well. Also, you seem to exaggerate the Def-Res gap. Off the top of my head, the only enemy classes that have significantly more Defense than Resistance are Generals, Dragonmasters and Tigers (which the Mercenaries never run into). Plus, gj proving that Rhys is more durable against a rare type of enemy. Too bad that they're liable to ignore him in favor of someone else because of that.

Overkill = Good unless someone else needs it to go from mid to good (Putting Celerity on either Janaff or Gatrie was brought up, Janaff is overkill whereas Gatrie needs it). IIRC, there's the 3-2 Recover staff, and the 2-E staff, and they're only buyable from 3-10 onwards. That extra HP might be crucial, like if Boyd is healed. The Def-Res gap is 5-6 points for SMs, Warriors, Halbs and Snipers. Rhys has 28 Atk with Ellight compared to Mist's 22 with Florete. Since Rhys smacks Res instead of Def, Rhys can do ~12 more damage. This can be crucial for a Oscar kill or a Gatrie kill.

Laura.

She was vital in her own as well as Micaiah's growth throughout part 1. I would use Sacrifice with Micaiah, gaining some EXP for her, then I would heal Micaiah with Laura, giving her EXP as well. It was great abuse. Killing two birds with one stone.

Edit: As for Rhys, he's not a great attacker at all. He gets doubled by almost everything imaginable. The only thing he's slightly effective against is other magic units due to his high Resistance, but otherwise, he should be staying well away from any lines of combat, well out of harm's way. He will almost certainly get ORKO'd.

Edited by Raven