Transformers

Nightmare

This is a topic for the discussion of the uber awesome series, The Transformers.

I really, really, really love the G1 cartoon, and the 80s movie (which is basically a part of the cartoon). One of my favourite scenes in that movie is when Galvatron

kills Starscream

. I know he kinda had it coming, but that just made Galvatron so badass. He was like "Don't mess with me". Another favourite scene is one of Devastator in the Autobot city. Just love it when he says "PREPARE FOR EXTERMINATION!". I hate the new crap they pushed out (Robots in Disguise, Armada, Energon and Cybertron) and the new movie was just horrible.

Some of my favourite characters are Optimus (who DOESN'T love him?), Megatron, Galvatron, Devastator, Unicron and Soundwave.

Dicslusol.

Ah, the good 'ol days with Rad, Carlos and Alexis. I can't remember too many of the transformers from TA, but I remember Hot Shot. That guy was cool

I saw the old movie and the new one. Both were great, I think.

Starscream

getting killed by Galvatron was just funny as hell. Although I never expected

Optimus

to get killed, especially so early into the movie.

I liked the new movie.I liked how they had Starscream fly off away from earth, makes it so obvious there will be a number two. I heard that Tidalwave will be in the second film. One of my most anticipated films, I believe - alongside the Metal Gear Solid movie.

I watched Armada, it's one of the best series, I believe. Also the Transformers game which was based off the Armada series, that game was amazing.

I don't like the new stuff. The new movie just had stupid characters and ugly robots, not to mention a below average plot.

The new series was so changed from the original. It became much more generic, though I admit the game was incredible. I wish they made a game like that based off of the G1 series.

• 2 weeks later...

Rumble_and_frenzy.jpg

BELIVING THAT RUMBLE IS RED AND THAT FRENZY IS BLUE IS THE FUNDAMENTAL THING TO BEING A TRANSFORMERS FAN AS THAT IS THE FUNDAMENTAL CORE THING ABOUT THE CHARACTERS. ANYONE WHO DENIES THE MICRO-CASSETES COLORS SHOULD BE SYSTEMATICALLY BLOCKED FROM EDITING THE TRANSOFMERS WIKI AND PERMANATLY BANNED FROM THE FORUMS. EVEN IF A SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR WERE TO BELIEVE THIS ABSURD ERROR THAT RUMBLE IS BLUE AND THAT FRENZY IS RED, THAT WOULD NOT MAKE IT RIGHT. TO DENY THIS IS TO NOT BE A FAN. THERE IS NO WAY TO DENY THIS AND BE A FAN. HASoBRO HAS CONFIRMED THIS. TAKRA HAS CONFIRMED THIS. MY ABOVE TESTAMENT PROVES THIS. RUMBLE IS RED AND FRENZY IS BLUE!!! END OF STORY. EVEN IF RUMBLE WAS ORIGINALLY INTENDED NOT TO BE RED(WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS BECAUSE HIS NAME IS "RUMBLE", WHICH STAR WITH R.), THEN THAT WOULD NOT MEAN HE IS NOT RED AND THAT FENZY ISN'T BLUE. NOW, BECUASE THAT IS THE WAY THE CHARACTER CLEARLY DEVELOPED. IF YOU DISAGREE, YOU ARE WRRRROOONGGG AND NOT A TRANSFAN, BUT AN ANTI-FAN.

Yup, ignore this, this is just me being an ass while still staying on topic.

Yup. But now for something completly different!

Whatever happened to Megatron being an ass and Optimus kicking said ass? D: Those were the good 'ol days.

Edited by ChaosNinji

Megatron was awesome though.

I'm kinda torn between him and Galvatron. Each one is awesome in a unique way and although they're both technically

the same person

I still find them to be somewhat different.

Quite. And despite all the movie flaws, I gotta' say that the characters LOOKED really good. The Scorponok scene was pretty darn decent. However, at the end they wanted us the be sad that Jazz died, and they gave him like, one line. >.>

I dunno, they looked more like insectoid apes or something. It was as if they were trying to appeal to the newer generation; they just looked too modern.

Scorponok looked good though.

• 5 months later...

*Several months later.*

As much as I liked the G1 series and movie, Beast Wars is my favorite. (Haven't watched most of the Japanese series yet, though. Hoping nothing is going to be worse than Headmasters, but I hear horrible things about Energon.)

Anyone here watch Transformers Animated?

*Several months later.*

As much as I liked the G1 series and movie, Beast Wars is my favorite. (Haven't watched most of the Japanese series yet, though. Hoping nothing is going to be worse than Headmasters, but I hear horrible things about Energon.)

Anyone here watch Transformers Animated?

Energon's not amazing by any means, but certainly watchable, with some good bits. Not that I can remember any, though. It's been a while.

I grew up on Beast Wars, which I maintain as the best Transformers show in the entire franshise. The new movie was good, considering what it was, my complaint, however, is that there's virtually no action until roughly the last forty-five minutes of the film. To be fair though, those scenes are indredibly immersive.

I've watched the 1986 film dozens of times. I hate it, hate it, hate it.

GEN1, and the first movie were the best by far. I don't see how you can hate the old movie. Best soundtrack, great story, made me cry from sadness of a certain event, etc.

Favorite characters are Soundwave, Devastator, Grimlock, Ratchet, Blaster, Ironhide, and Omega Supreme.