best character in fe 7

Oujay

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really depends on the mode, but I'll go with Hector. Good durability, hits hard, good supports (EliwoodxHector is nice), and his lowish Spd doesn't bother him too much as FE7 enemies get really slow.

I would put Hector in there if he would promote earlier, but as it is he simply starts losing movement and AS by midgame whereas others stay awesome all along. He's surely your like #2 or #3 unit earlygame (Marcus being #1, and Oswin being arguable against him), but by midgame even someone like promoted Erk or Sain can easily be argued as > Hector.

ccccombo breaker!

Matthew obviously for all the ridiculous stuff he steals. So you steal that Silver Card and then you can go crazy with all those stat items, promotion items, killer edges, etc. Not to mention he's totally required to get through the first few chapters of HHM, and then is also pretty good thanks to level lead and stat boosts from Lyn mode.

And after him, Serra is the best unit on a ranked run, since in Lyn mode, there is enough time to get her to level 9 and still S rank, and this makes her a very durable healer. Since she's a healer, she has no trouble gaining EXP, promotes ridiculously early, and continues being hax for the entire game.

Edited by A2ZOMG

Although I don't like him that much, I've got to say Raven.

Then Hector/Oswin/Lowen, in that order.

I would put Hector in there if he would promote earlier, but as it is he simply starts losing movement and AS by midgame whereas others stay awesome all along. He's surely your like #2 or #3 unit earlygame (Marcus being #1, and Oswin being arguable against him), but by midgame even someone like promoted Erk or Sain can easily be argued as > Hector.

Yeah, this topic didn't specify mode. In Hector mode, his promotion is pretty late, but in Eliwood mode it's about when a lot of people are promoting. Plus, he's forced, which is always a plus.

Currently I'm playing through Hector's Easy Mode (picked it up 3 years after I finished Eliwood's Easy Mode). I'm on Chapter 29 I think, near the end game.

My favorite character has always been Lyn. She is with you the entire game and her character is likable. I think she's cute (haha).. for a cartoon character of course.

I think through this playthrough my most useful character has been Kent. Through Lyn's Story, he and Sain dominated which encouraged me to use them as my main tanks/powerhouses in Hector's Mode. Although Kent started off a little weak compared to Sain, and still is lacking in his attack stat, his HP and Skill have been great with the rest of his stats being solid. The two have B support (which would be an A if I didn't want Sain to marry Serra) which makes them that much better.

Oh and also my Wil is incredible (A support with Rebecca who is just slightly worse).

My favorite character has always been Lyn. She is with you the entire game and her character is likable. I think she's cute (haha).. for a cartoon character of course.

I think through this playthrough my most useful character has been Kent.

Rebecca who is just slightly worse

Seriously, how CAN we even have the same first name when you say

things like this?? D:

I think that Eliwood, Dorcas, Raven, Hector, and Florina are the best in the game. :)

Defeneatly, oh, I would add Renault with that, it's his character not his gameplay :lol: .

He said that his favorite character is Lyn, that this playthrough Kent has been his most useful, and that on that same playthrough, Rebecca has been slightly worse than Wil. He never said that Lyn or Kent is the best in the game, and he never said that Rebecca is always worse.

Anyways, I'm gonna go with Hector. He's forced, and while he has a late promotion, it's not that hard to level him slowly and still keep him just as powerful as your other units. After promotion, he has more room to grow and gets Armads, so being underlevelled is never really hurting him much. I'd say being forced, having two prf weapons and being one of the best units (And only really being beaten by prepromotes, even then) even underlevelled shows that he's the best unit in the game.

Hector's good for being strong but at the same time strong, defensive and has decent speed which he would later double pegies and cavaliers, those iron and steel lances really slow down pegies.

Seriously, how CAN we even have the same first name when you say

things like this?? D:

I just beat the game. Sain can't marry Serra!? ugh

At the end, Rebecca had slightly more STR than Wil. Wil had much more Skill (it capped) more HP, and better DEF and RES. Their speeds were almost even, Rebecca was a little higher. I preferred Wil for this playthrough yet last time I played I used Rebecca only.

And Kent and Sain were about even: Kent capping Skill and Speed and S in swords, A in lances, C in axes. Sain capped Strength and Speed with S in lances, A in swords, D in axes. Kent had more Def and HP, Sain had more Luck.

But uh my best character was probably Oswin who capped Speed, Strength, and Defense.

Can we have the same name now? :(

^Potential wise, she decent, but she the worst unit in the game because of join time.

I wouldn't say the worst, but shes certainly one of the worst

So why have I used her on EVERY single playthrough? <_<