best character in fe 7

Oujay

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... Since she's my first 20/20 character, Serra. Capped most of her stats too.

And I partly assume Oujay means favorite, but that's just me.

Nils always caps strength for me so he's the best

I love how nobody noticed the thinly veiled sarcasm.

Tossing PEMN to the winds seems the prevailing mood in this thread though, so I'll go ahead and toss in Florina. Supports lots of other units I use and generally has no trouble killing given the babying I give her in Lyn's mode. Durability's always and issue, but flier utility makes up for that.

Well, my favorite character would be Lowen, since that seems to be what this is about more than anything.

He's also consistently been my best character. Oswin on a horse.

Edited by Ninji

Why can't we state our personal experiance? I hate how people go all crazy when people say they're opinion based on personal experiance. What is wrong with that? I can understand in a debate but I see no problem with say in a topic like this "I like Dorcas because he's always good for me". Who cares if the unit is generally bad? That user likes him/her so there's nothing wrong with that. I know this is called "best character in fe 7 but there's never a "clear-cut" best unit.

With that said I like Raven, Dart, Florina, Farina, Oswin, Nino, Lucius, Canas, Priscilla, and Hector. I have a lot of favorites. Raven is my favorite though.

Priscilla and her brother are the best in the game. This is non-debatable.

I can't second this post any more than the following:

Raven and his sister are the best in the game. This is non-debatable.

Why can't we state our personal experiance? I hate how people go all crazy when people say they're opinion based on personal experiance. What is wrong with that? I can understand in a debate but I see no problem with say in a topic like this "I like Dorcas because he's always good for me". Who cares if the unit is generally bad? That user likes him/her so there's nothing wrong with that. I know this is called "best character in fe 7 but there's never a "clear-cut" best unit.

With that said I like Raven, Dart, Florina, Farina, Oswin, Nino, Lucius, Canas, Priscilla, and Hector. I have a lot of favorites. Raven is my favorite though.

Well, to be fair, the topic title leads one to expect "best" to be defined in a playthrough-independent way.

Whoo, joining in the fun.

I've always found Fiora to be my favorite non-cavalry unit, with Eliwood and Raven sharing those spots. Maybe that's because these are the only three units that I logged all of their supports...?

On a ranked playthrough of the game, Raven is the best character. He comes early enough to train, good support options, and by the time he promotes, he'll be better than everyone else when they promote, besides Oswin being the team's tank.

My Merlinus capped CON, he must be teh best unit in teh game! ...o wait

Actually, if we're supposed to list the best characters on average, that'd be Raven pretty much, for obvious reasons.

If we're supposed to list our favourite characters, on the other hand, I'd say mine are Raven, Eliwood, Florina and since my last playthrough, Fiora as well. An RNG-blessed Fiora clearly is no-one to mess around with.

Well the best characters in PERSONAL EXP, are Lyn, Florina, Lucius, Nils/Ninian, Serra, Hector, Lowen, Priscilla, Raven, Canas, Louise, Pent, Dart, Nino & Jaffar.

PS: These characters are obviously personally trained and having most of their stats capped. I missed Eliwood but he doesn't goes too good with me except by RNG and Arena abuse.

Probably Marcus. Most people have trouble making themselves more outstanding later on when everyone steamrolls most enemies, but Marcus is actually one huge ass monster when Hector is still having trouble hitting brigands consistently, Eliwood isn't surviving more than 2 hits, Serra can't counterattack yet, etc.

Serra is my next favourite through sheer healing and availability hax. Ninian is also cool, but she's around much less than other godly characters.