Serenes Forest: The chatroom!

Mufasa

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surprised if this was all part of Eggman's Nightmare's master plan....

Also, I have a friend whose Internet was "stolen" by neighbors this one time.

I know how they probably did it too. Guessing they used a packet sniffer program on linux and used brute force to figure the key to the wireless internet. LOL HAX.

Lesson: never use WEP encryption. Access your modem's settings and change it to WPA or WPA2 if you know whats good for you... don't forget to change the settings on all your electronics that access the wireless though... DS, Wii, laptop, etc.

www.mirc.com

As far as I'm aware, it's fully trusted.

Yep, most people use mIRC, its perfectly fine.

It works for me.

Maybe it's filtered for you 2... ?

Cymbeline and Desdemona, do you have parental controls or anything? Otherwise i have a feeling that someone set the modem to only allow the port necessary for http web browsing and blocked the rest out. IRC uses port 6667 usually, along with others in that range. That chat applet will usually bypass that, since CGI:IRC is designed in a way that it tunnels the irc info across http and not through the irc ports, the server itself does the rest of the work for you. On the downside, it causes the servers more work but thats irrelevent. This also explains lag associated with that applet.

*end of long technical explanation*

In short, ask your parents to check the modem about that. Whoever manages it should at least have SOME idea of what i'm saying.

Edited by SmartRutter7

I know how they probably did it too. Guessing they used a packet sniffer program on linux and used brute force to figure the key to the wireless internet. LOL HAX.

Lesson: never use WEP encryption. Access your modem's settings and change it to WPA or WPA2 if you know whats good for you... don't forget to change the settings on all your electronics that access the wireless though... DS, Wii, laptop, etc.

Yep, most people use mIRC, its perfectly fine.

Cymbeline and Desdemona, do you have parental controls or anything? Otherwise i have a feeling that someone set the modem to only allow the port necessary for http web browsing and blocked the rest out. IRC uses port 6667 usually, along with others in that range. That chat applet will usually bypass that, since CGI:IRC is designed in a way that it tunnels the irc info across http and not through the irc ports, the server itself does the rest of the work for you. On the downside, it causes the servers more work but thats irrelevent. This also explains lag associated with that applet.

*end of long technical explanation*

In short, ask your parents to check the modem about that. Whoever manages it should at least have SOME idea of what i'm saying.

. . . I didn't understand that. XD

No. . . my mom doesn't know how to do anything technical. But since it's working now, it was probably my connection last night.

This is a Fire Emblem site that is in ENGLISH.

ENGLISH.

Some Japanese know English, but it's still a site that is in ENGLISH.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEENGLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISH

...OK...

There are a whole bunch of others, but we rarely use them unless the ocassion calls for it.

For example, there is #FNZ, (For Nightmare and Fireman only to talk about their movie), #Goldoa (for when everyone changes their names to members of the dragon tibe laguz XD) and #PARTAY (for when there are parties.)

There's also a whole bunch of BTeam channels. We keep relocating. XD

• 5 weeks later...
I wish the chatroom would up my post count. : (

Trust me, it won't happen. Even if it was possible to realistically do, it wouldn't happen. People would just spam during hours when no one is around.

On second thought, maybe you meant for the chatroom FORUM to up your postcount? eh, doubt that will happen either.

Edited by SmartRutter7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...