A Questionable Archetype: The Shitty Bowman

Candlejack

Wil doubles fine, and would actually be one of your best units if he wasn't stuck to 2 range.

Yeah, for my PeX(Which I wasn't applying there) he doubles just fine and ends up with around 17 Spd around 20/1, in averages he has 14 Spd, he won't double much if you promote him- Never mind, he does double normally since most enemies are slow, and even nomads.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. So basically, an extending ability of the Archer could be considered more useful than Archers themselves? Lawl.

2. What? Statistically, or so I've read, have better overall stat values than Snipers; that is, if they were male. Male Snipers really don't have any advantages over Female Snipers.

1. Learn to read.

Though I disagree, and still insist that Archers are useful if you utilize them against units that are weak to them (mostly flying). Their usefulness is limited until you level them into being a sniper, which is where they usually redeem themselves. Also, well used Ballistae can be extremely effective as well.

2. Learn to play. minor bonuses to a couple stats and an useless skill vs superior AS, movement and swords in a game where your enemies are a complete joke?

Also why are you comparing male and female snipers, the only male sniper is a prepromo and there are no female snipers.*

*There is no motive to CC Neimi into a sniper.

Calculate stats.

Also, soul is a PEMN Dog.

Dude, you can't USE the ballista without an archer, or a sniper. gg nub, they're part of a set, they go together.

I know. But you don't ever really NEED Archers on Ballistas, do you? If you want range, send a flying unit, since you'll probably have an awesome one around the same time you have the archer. That and I'm just saying that a special ability Archers have are considered slightly more useful than the archers themselves. lawl

And to all the people defending the Archers listed:

Can you certainly call them GOOD? Or USEFUL even?

I know. But you don't ever really NEED Archers on Ballistas, do you? If you want range, send a flying unit, since you'll probably have an awesome one around the same time you have the archer. That and I'm just saying that a special ability Archers have are considered slightly more useful than the archers themselves. lawl

Horrible counter. I don't "need" 97% of the characters the game throws at me, ever. And in the case of ballistae vs. fliers, ballistae do not take counters nor do they ever get in the way of other units. Ballistae can be very useful.

Their usefulness is limited until you level them into being a sniper, which is where they usually redeem themselves.
This is only supporting what you "disagreed" with.

Archer sucks. Sniper does not.

And FE5 Archers are better than most Archers I've used.

Edited by FE3 Player

Horrible counter. I don't "need" 97% of the characters the game throws at me, ever. And in the case of ballistae vs. fliers, ballistae do not take counters nor do they ever get in the way of other units. Ballistae can be very useful.

I'm trying to explain that Ballista are more useful than Archers. You'll actually FIELD Snipers but Archers? If you had a choice, you really wouldn't.

I'm trying to explain that Ballista are more useful than Archers. You'll actually FIELD Snipers but Archers? If you had a choice, you really wouldn't.

Wut? I use Archers all the time. Rebecca, Neimi, Rolf, and occasionally Leonardo. All because I choose to.

Also, as someone else said, Neimi can go ranger. Anyone with a brain has her go ranger. Rangers are BADASS.

This. Omg this. Seriously.

Also im not a fan of the archer/sniper class. Even if your name is Shinon, im gonna be somewhat reluctant to use you.

You do have a choice, it's called the base screen.

You're going to field archers mainly because:

A. You think they are good, in which case, you're either a bit off or completely dim.

B. You use favoritism for that class/character.

C. You choose to. See B.

All in all, people can use Archers, I'm not threatening them to do otherwise. I just notice this theme that in earlygame for every FE, you get consistently bad to terrible bow users. Refer to the previous list and try to defend any of those characters from being called subpar at best.

Once again, this isn't an archetype or a "theme". The reason most early game archers have poor stats is because the Archer class itself has poor bases. The reason they usually give archers like this in the early game because they either want other bow users to be Hunters or Nomads, or because by the mid/late game new bow users are pre-promote Snipers.

Wil doubles fine-

Hahahahahahahaaaa!!

Anyways on topic, what FE3 Player said. Archers just have god awful bases, most archers are given god awful growths, and never get the offense to compensate for a bleh weapon type. Snipers (at times) do get the compensation they deserve, but it's a tad late for that by then.

Poor poor archers. If only they gave you the overkill skillsets like Jamka...

I'd settle for a weapon that basically has 40 mt and having the unit need just +1 AS in a game where enemies lose 18 AS from axes and various other items but Ichival user loses 3 and probably has a better speed stat anyway. I'm not entire sure Double Bow is actually better. 15 mt less, but 1 range and some of the units in that game that can wield it have 3 range.

He's a "Bow Fighter", though, so I'm not sure if Faval counts as a good "archer" before his promotion or not. He does promote to sniper, though, so that's like archers in other games.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

I'd settle for a weapon that basically has 40 mt and having the unit need just +1 AS in a game where enemies lose 18 AS from axes and various other items but Ichival user loses 3 and probably has a better speed stat anyway. I'm not entire sure Double Bow is actually better. 15 mt less, but 1 range and some of the units in that game that can wield it have 3 range.

He's a "Bow Fighter", though, so I'm not sure if Faval counts as a good "archer" before his promotion or not. He does promote to sniper, though, so that's like archers in other games.

God, the holy weapons was one of the dumbest aspects of that game. Most of the time he didn't even need that, since he starts with a silver bow. The Ichival was more just like "Well this part of the arena is hard and I can't murdinate bosses with normal silver...", then pull out Ichival. Then there's Ares, who's like "I'm the only guy who can kill whoever's packing Thor Hammer in one turn", or Shanan who's like the god mode cheat. The game is pretty much over if Arthur gets Holsety and the Pursuit Ring, especially once he gets his damn horse. Oh well, at least it gives you bosses that actually challenge these beasts. Unlike FE10 where they just hand you god mode units at every turn.

Also, that has to be the most bullshit loophole to the idea I've ever heard.

God, the holy weapons was one of the dumbest aspects of that game. Most of the time he didn't even need that, since he starts with a silver bow. The Ichival was more just like "Well this part of the arena is hard and I can't murdinate bosses with normal silver...", then pull out Ichival. Then there's Ares, who's like "I'm the only guy who can kill whoever's packing Thor Hammer in one turn", or Shanan who's like the god mode cheat. The game is pretty much over if Arthur gets Holsety and the Pursuit Ring, especially once he gets his damn horse. Oh well, at least it gives you bosses that actually challenge these beasts. Unlike FE10 where they just hand you god mode units at every turn.

Also, that has to be the most bullshit loophole to the idea I've ever heard.

I understood your first paragraph. Loophole? Wha? And what idea?

In Fire Emblem, we have a multitude of archetypes, ranging from the Jeigan to the Est to the Ogma. However, I see that one archetype is completely never touched upon. And that, friends, is the "Shitty bow user you normally get in the earlygame" archetype.

We'll just call it the "Gordin" for short. Oh, you'll see why in a moment too.

Here's a list of Archers you get in the early game that are either bad or terrible:

FE1/11: Gordin

FE2: Robin/Grey

FE3: Ryan (Debatable)

FE4: Asaello

FE5: Ronan

FE6: Wolt

FE7: Wil

FE8: Neimi

FE9: Rolf

FE10: Leonardo

-------------

Do with this as you will.

Grey and Robin are villagers. Robin is shitty no matter what, and Grey isn't that bad if promoted to Mercenary to fix his speed problems.

Edited by General Spoon