Please tell me which units to send into the final chapter

Simon

These are the possible units. Note that the + and - stats means what the stat is like compared to the average stat.

Eg. SKL 34 - 2 means that my unit currently has 34 Skill, but two less points of skill compared to the average. Likewise, DEF 21 + 4 means I have 21 defense, and four more points compared to the average.

IKE: 12

Vanguard

HP: 62 + 1

STR: 35

MAG: 11 + 3

SKL: 39

SPD: 35 + 3

LCK: 23 + 3

DEF: 32 + 2

RES: 15 + 1

Micaiah: 20

Light Sage

HP: 38 + 6

STR: 12 + 1

MAG: 30

SKL: 23

SPD: 25 + 4

LCK: 40

DEF: 15 + 2

RES: 30

Sothe: 7

Whisper

HP: 44 - 2

STR: 28

MAG: 13

SKL: 33

SPD: 35 + 2

LCK: 34 + 3

DEF: 23 + 2

RES: 20 - 1

Sanaki: 15

Empress

HP: 38 - 1

STR: 7

MAG: 40

SKL: 30

SPD: 30 + 2

LCK: 38 - 2

DEF: 14

RES: 35

-Select 9-

Mia: 17

True Blade

HP: 50

STR: 31

MAG: 11 - 2

SKL: 40

SPD: 38 - 2

LCK: 26 - 2

DEF: 25

RES: 19

Rhys: 8

Saint

HP: 36 - 5

STR: 15 - 3

MAG: 29 - 3

SKL: 28 + 2

SPD: 23 - 1

LCK: 32 - 3

DEF: 17 + 1

RES: 38 + 1

Kieran: 9

Gold Knight

HP: 55

STR: 33

MAG: 10 - 3

SKL: 27 - 2

SPD: 26 + 1

LCK: 20 - 1

DEF: 30

RES: 18 - 1

Mist: 11

Valkyrie

HP: 45 + 1

STR: 21 + 1

MAG: 28

SKL: 29 - 2

SPD: 32 + 1

LCK: 35

DEF: 23 + 4

RES: 28 - 2

Soren: 12

Arch Sage

HP: 47 + 5

STR: 16 - 4

MAG: 39 + 1

SKL: 33 + 1

SPD: 28 - 1

LCK: 19

DEF: 21 + 1

RES: 33

Rolf: 11

Marksman

HP: 58

STR: 35 - 1

MAG: 10

SKL: 34 - 1

SPD: 32 - 1

LCK: 23

DEF: 26 + 1

RES: 17 - 2

Boyd: 11

Reaver

HP: 64 - 1

STR: 39 + 1

MAG: 5 - 1

SKL: 31 - 1

SPD: 29 - 1

LCK: 25 + 3

DEF: 26 - 2

RES: 15 + 1

Oscar: 12

Silver Knight

HP: 52

STR: 28 - 1

MAG: 17 + 2

SKL: 34 + 1

SPD: 32

LCK: 28

DEF: 26 + 1

RES: 21

Aran: 12

Lancer

HP: 53 + 1

STR: 34 - 1

MAG: 11 - 1

SKL: 25

SPD: 33 + 5

LCK: 20 - 1]

DEF: 34

RES: 14 - 5

Laura: 6

Saint

HP: 44 + 3

STR: 18 - 2

MAG: 31

SKL: 27 - 1

SPD: 30 + 1

LCK: 31 + 1

DEF: 20 + 1

RES: 30 + 2

Edward: 8

Trueblade

HP: 50

STR: 30

MAG: 7 - 1

SKL: 37

SPD: 37 + 1

LCK: 30 + 1

DEF: 21 - 2

RES: 13 - 1

Leonardo: 9

Marksman

HP: 44 - 5

STR: 32 + 4

MAG: 12

SKL: 36 - 2

SPD: 27 - 1

LCK: 30

DEF: 18 - 6

RES: 25 + 1

Nolan: 10

Reaver

HP: 56 - 2

STR: 31 - 2

MAG: 10

SKL: 33 - 1

SPD: 32 - 2

LCK: 30

DEF: 23 - 3

RES: 18 - 2

Volug: 23

Wolf

HP: 57

STR: 13

MAG: 2 - 1

SKL: 13 - 2

SPD: 17 + 1

LCK: 21 + 1

DEF: 10

RES: 6

Pelleas: 3

Arch Sage

HP: 40 - 1

STR: 18 - 2

MAG: 30 + 1

SKL: 25 - 1

SPD: 28 + 1

LCK: 17 - 1

DEF: 21

RES: 25 - 1

So, who should I take?

Nolan is still better than Boyd simply because he has enough speed to double the generals in 4-E-1, so he can Hammertime his way through them. Boyd may have better strength, but 29 speed isn't doubling most generals on Hard Mode, so he's not one-rounding them. Kieran I put out there because he's pretty decent in 4-E-3 with a Wyrmslayer.

Just take all the laguz royals and haar.

He wants to make it a challenge, not blow through like a rhino through an orphanage.

wtf?

Anywho, I always choose my weakest units because they have the most room to grow, but that's just me

Just take all the laguz royals and haar.

He wants to make it a challenge, not blow through like a rhino through an orphanage.

wtf?

Anywho, I always choose my weakest units because they have the most room to grow, but that's just me

That's true, however, part 4 is like a training ground to get a small group of strong units, so picking your weak units for the endgame doesn't make sense (that's what I think). Well, I choose my more better units, but no royals, that's just toooo easy (yeah, hard mode without royals ftw =D).

I should pick:

- Rolf (you can also pick Leo, but I like Rolf more)

- Soren

- Rhys

- Oscar

- Mia (or Edgy)

- Aran

- Kieran

- Boyd (or Nolan)

And I should pick a royal, espessialy if you're not familiar with the endgame. Not that the first chapters are more atk/def, the latest chapters more mgc/res.

what are your supports? Having an A to start out is better than restarting from a C, so it's recommended to either send both units of a support or send neither. Also, is it NM? If so, Boyd's 29 AS is probably sufficient for doubling generals. You could probably get away with using him instead of Boyd, though I'm not sure he can jump from 29 AS to 34AS in time. Also, 9 levels for 5 points of speed means he'd have to go above average on the last 9 levels to hit 34AS.

You should pick:

Mist (For healing)

Edward (Male Trueblades have better caps)

Rolf

Boyd (Nolan always gets RNG screwed, so you shouldn't be surprised that he did.)

Oscar (For triangle attacks)

Aran

Laura

Soren

Pelleas (B rank in staves is nice, along with being able to use dark and thunder magic. He's also has one authority star for whatever it is worth)

Mia has fire and thus beats Ed's mt anyway. As for the rest, it is dependent on supports. If Ed has Nolan and Mia doesn't have Ike then he may as well use Ed. If they have approximately the same avo then still Mia because Ed's def is too far back and won't be likely to catch up in a reasonable amount of time. The only advantage Ed has is hp. Also, Mia's res is better and that is finally about to mean something.

Boyd (Nolan always gets RNG screwed, so you shouldn't be surprised that he did.)

Except in 9 levels Boyd averages 4.05 speed and he needs 5 just to hit 34 AS. Chances are, Nolan will be doing more damage to deg (at least assuming Ena usage) and spirits and auras.

triangle attacks are not necessary and sometimes not possible to arrange without giving up attacks.

Also if he has stat boosters remaining then he might as well use them on some units. It could change which units depending on what type of items he has.

Mia has fire and thus beats Ed's mt anyway. As for the rest, it is dependent on supports. If Ed has Nolan and Mia doesn't have Ike then he may as well use Ed. If they have approximately the same avo then still Mia because Ed's def is too far back and won't be likely to catch up in a reasonable amount of time. The only advantage Ed has is hp. Also, Mia's res is better and that is finally about to mean something.

Except in 9 levels Boyd averages 4.05 speed and he needs 5 just to hit 34 AS. Chances are, Nolan will be doing more damage to deg (at least assuming Ena usage) and spirits and auras.

triangle attacks are not necessary and sometimes not possible to arrange without giving up attacks.

Also if he has stat boosters remaining then he might as well use them on some units. It could change which units depending on what type of items he has.

Given the huge level lead Mia has on Edward, in this situation she would be better now that I think about it, but the fact still remains that male Trueblades have better caps. 5 points more hp is better than 5 points more luk.

Boyd could just use the brave axe if AS is a problem, assuming the TC hasn't used it all up for some reason. Nolan can fight Deg, but he's a stationary boss, and I don't know how much of a rush the TC is in to beat him.

Granted Triangle attacks aren't necessary, but his Oscar still has pretty good stats.

Given the huge level lead Mia has on Edward, in this situation she would be better now that I think about it, but the fact still remains that male Trueblades have better caps. 5 points more hp is better than 5 points more luk.

Boyd could just use the brave axe if AS is a problem, assuming the TC hasn't used it all up for some reason. Nolan can fight Deg, but he's a stationary boss, and I don't know how much of a rush the TC is in to beat him.

Granted Triangle attacks aren't necessary, but his Oscar still has pretty good stats.

Actually, I don't even think that 5 more HP is THAT much better than 5 more luck. In fact, I think that the male Trueblade's higher HP cap can be considered superfluous at best.

As for the triangle attack, personally, I'd prefer to use the Pegasus triangle attack since using the brothers triangle attack means gimping Boyd by equipping him with a crossbow. But that's just me.

Edited by Richter Renard

Given the nature of the game and how much IS hates the DB Mia will always have a much higher level unless you give Edward many more kills in part 4 than Mia and favour him in part 3. Only in EM is her level lead insignificant, and that's because 20/20/12 for Ed compared to 20/20/20 for Mia makes her leads only in things like res and def because his str has caught up. And thanks to light vs. fire 24+2 def > 25 def. On any other mode her level lead should cause a big difference in performance.

Nolan can quad with it. If Nolan gets a few levels in before 4-E-4 then Nolan can also possibly ORKO some spirits with a hand axe, whereas Boyd only doubles thunder spirits. It still comes down to HM or not, since doubling generals in 4-E-1 is probably a bigger deal than deg, spirits, and auras.

His str is sub-par, as usual. 8 levels remaining with a 35% str growth and only 28 str is annoying for a guy with no crit and a 32 speed cap and a (skill/2)% mastery.

I don't know why the topic creator raised Oscar and Kieran over Titania, but I'm guessing its just a personal preference thing.

Actually, I don't even think that 5 more HP is THAT much better than 5 more luck. In fact, I think that the male Trueblade's higher HP cap can be considered superfluous at best.

Whether or not 5 HP is better than 5 LCK is solely dependant on whether or not that 5 HP can get to a new #HKO'd bracket. Considering TB DEF, it gets shakier the higher the MT of the enemy.

I mean 44-54MT 3HKO's 55HP/26DEF while 41-50MT 3HKO's 50/25. There are a good number of enemies in 4-E that fall within that 44-50MT gap where the 5 LCK is going to be better, at least in HM.

Why no Haar or Shinon in that list?

What's the point of taking Haar to endgame? 32 speed cap he's not actually particularly likely to reach and all.

As for Shinon, his personality is terrible. I'd rather units with no personality then one I can't stand. Assuming the topic creator is playing NM, I see no real reason to use Shinon. HM, sure, he's very helpful. NM, one among many, and the rest of those many I can actually stand. Based on the levels, I'd have to say NM. EM should have higher levels, HM should have lower. Well, BA notwithstanding.

Don't know if TC likes Shinon and just wanted a change or if (s)he feels the same.

But Shinon's personality is so cool though! At the very least it is better than Rolf's and Leonardo's.

I dislike Leo, too. But Rolf's personality is almost a void, and I prefer void over jerk. Even if Rolf does have an actual personality, it's far easier to ignore than Shinon's.

I assume you're playing on Normal Mode (if not Easy Mode) due to how hideously over-leveled your team is.

In that case, here is my suggestion, using the RNG.

Laura

Volug

Mist

Boyd

Leo

Oscar

Rolf

Rhys

Kieran

Edit: You must select them in that order, or the RNG will not be on your side.

Edited by Paperblade

I like some spice with my meal.

In other words, Shinon's distaste for 99% of everything around him is better to me than, like, 97% of the cast in the game.

Since every goddamn character isn't fleshed out. Hell, I'd go so far to say that the entire Dawn Brigade is one orgy of a copy-paste.

Name ONE character not originally in FE9 with the slightest hint of personality. And Volug's sexy abs don't count.

In fact, I could probably name every character with a decent personality on both of my hands.

Let me show you: (Does not include characters playable in FE9.)

Danved, Oliver, and Heather.

And even Heather and Danved are stretching it. No bullshit about how I am biased towards Oliver either, his personality is so goddamn good compared to every other character and you know it.

INCLUDING FE9 characters, we get:

Danved, Oliver, Heather, Kieran, Bastian, and Haar.

A whopping six characters have a more fleshed out personality than most of the cast. I'm not putting Skirmir on here because he's a retard. And Haar is even a bit of a stretch only because I fear if I DON'T put him on here, his Wyvern will devour my entrails.

Now, if we go by backstory, the only actual GOOD ones are Haar and Lehran. The latter one being a stretch as well.

I assume that list discounts Micaiah/Ike because they're the main characters?

Since as Suetastic as Micaiah may be, she still has more personality/back story than some characters on that list.

Edited by Paperblade

I'm on hard mode.

How does

Mia

Mist

Soren

Rolf

Boyd

Oscar

Aran

Laura

Edward

Pelleas

sound, while Rhys, Kieran, Leonardo, Nolan and Volug are cut?

Rhys I cut because Laura is only two levels lower than him, and has above average stats, whereas he got completely screwed over. Leonardo's 6 less defence and like, 5 less HP is lol. Then, Volug is kind of underlevelled and Nolan got gipped as well, having no stats above average and everything below average.

And Kieran...well, I already have one Horse unit, I don't need another one.

What supports should I go for?

Here are the supports I already have (all A)

Ike and Oscar

Mia and Rhys

Soren and Rolf

Boyd and Mist

Edward and Leonardo

Nolan and Volug

Aran and Laura

But Shinon's personality is so cool though! At the very least it is better than Rolf's and Leonardo's.

I dislike Leo, too. But Rolf's personality is almost a void, and I prefer void over jerk. Even if Rolf does have an actual personality, it's far easier to ignore than Shinon's.

Rolf's personality is "I used to contend w/ Boyd for Mist's affections, but after I forgot to go through puberty I didn't have a chance."

Since every goddamn character isn't fleshed out. Hell, I'd go so far to say that the entire Dawn Brigade is one orgy of a copy-paste.

I don't see how. They don't have any personality so what were they copy-pasted from?

Name ONE character not originally in FE9 with the slightest hint of personality. And Volug's sexy abs don't count.

I think you should add in Pelleas.

Sephiran: No, you're not. Ashnard's son is of dragon tribe blood and is thus Branded.

Pelleas: I think I'm going to be ill...

Sephiran: Be assured that you were essential to Daein's reconstruction, which was a vital step toward waking the goddess. Fortunately, Izuka was able to use you to execute my plan.

Pelleas: You are going to pay! You are going to...BLAAARRRGH!

Also, Micaiah gets a bonus to her personality score if you have her kill Pelleas.